Billy Gilmour

hammer93

I think this is the lads name, I'm looking for any info on the lad, apparently

he is signed to us and at 12yrs old, he is already playing at under 15 level

such is his ability and talent.

I think he is a salcoats boy but schools in Kilmarnock, I've heard both spurs

and Juventus have both tried to Sign him, to no avail.

I'm hoping this boy exists but doesn't end up being another John Fleck, is

their anyone on here who might know or of heard of the lad?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually astounded that anyone would pay that type of money for a 12 year old.

During my time involved in youth football I seen kids who were untouchable as 12 year old and were being chased by clubs all over the county. most of them don't even play anymore.

I seen Ross Perry totally dominate a national final at Hampden in the Coca Cola 7s.

So much can happen between the age of 12 and 18 when they should be reaching the 1st team squad.

Don't worry we will knock all that raw ability and talent out of him the Rangers way.

Don't worry we will knock all that raw ability and talent out of him the Rangers way.

He is 12 years old and plays for U13's, might occasionally play at u14's, but hasn't so far this season. To say he is playing at u15's is nonsense.

He is a talent, one of quite a few we have at the younger ages. At this stage they should be allowed to enjoy playing and develop without the hype.

Not so sure about talk of bids, clubs outwith Scotland cannot sign any player until they are 16, unless they move the player and his family.

13's are good, 15's are the best we have ever had ? I must be missing something there. First Scotland squad at that age just been announced we have 3 in it, Celtic have 8.

Four years ago we had a squad around the 12 age group that won a tournament in Italy, only four of that squad are now at Rangers, the most damning statistic is that four of them are now at Celtic.

We have some good players at all age groups, 14's and below have lots of talent, but who knows where they will be in 3/4 years.

I believe his younger brother is now also at Rangers.

RE Billy gilmour,

I am good friends of young Billys Grandfather Harry your eyes dont deceive you he is a fantastic young prospect, and Rangers daft to boot His father served in the Royal Navy and is quite a fair player himself the boy has been kicking a ball before he could walk his grandad myself and his family were all proud when he signed for rangers a number of years ago and he is from Ardrossan

He is 12 years old and plays for U13's, might occasionally play at u14's, but hasn't so far this season. To say he is playing at u15's is nonsense.

He is a talent, one of quite a few we have at the younger ages. At this stage they should be allowed to enjoy playing and develop without the hype.

Not so sure about talk of bids, clubs outwith Scotland cannot sign any player until they are 16, unless they move the player and his family.

13's are good, 15's are the best we have ever had ? I must be missing something there. First Scotland squad at that age just been announced we have 3 in it, Celtic have 8.

Four years ago we had a squad around the 12 age group that won a tournament in Italy, only four of that squad are now at Rangers, the most damning statistic is that four of them are now at Celtic.

We have some good players at all age groups, 14's and below have lots of talent, but who knows where they will be in 3/4 years.

cheers for the info, I heard about the lad yesterday of my mate, his info

was a bit sketchy that's why I was asking.

Yes he does exist mate.

I know his dad who fitted my new boiler at my house. Never seen him play but he is reported to be THE best player for his age group in the country his dad Billy is fan of them but his mum and grandad have set him down the correct path as that side of the family are massive Rangers fans.

Iv heard his grandad talking about him when iv been down the Orange club in Ardrossan.

Just need to keep our fingers crossed for him, he couldnt come from a better place though so he has a good grounding.

Not sure exacyly your involvement in youth set up at Rangers, but how can four of them team end up playing for them?

If certain young bhoys are 'open' to signing/playing for bheastfc should they be on our books at all, at any age?

I know the analogy will be drawn with Kenny Miller etc but they are adults/professionals getting paid to do a job, can the same be said of young sellick supporters playing for Rangers youth teams?

Not sure exacyly your involvement in youth set up at Rangers, but how can four of them team end up playing for them?

If certain young bhoys are 'open' to signing/playing for bheastfc should they be on our books at all, at any age?

I know the analogy will be drawn with Kenny Miller etc but they are adults/professionals getting paid to do a job, can the same be said of young sellick supporters playing for Rangers youth teams?

Agree with this.

We had a supposed "golden generation" at youth level a few years back, did they not beat the tarriers 5-0 in a cup final at Hampden?

Yeah that was about 5 years ago. Team had guys like Fleck in it.

There's something wrong with our youth when it comes to stepping upto the first team. To be honest maybe even the actual reserves ... as we have some horrid performances and results at that level a lot too.

Cheers for the update, some good news and some bad, still a lot of work to be done at youth level in your opinion then?

Also, seems we're a bit behind Celtic in some regards then?

Three of the Four were Rangers fans, Celtic paid Rangers compensation for two of them.

WERE being the word!!!!

How can any Rangers fan sign for bheastfc???

I blame the parents, who obviously aren't Rangers fans and/or were silly enough to marry bheasts.

My boy is 10yo, has been playing about 5/6 years at a decent level (still 7 a side at his age group), played against Rangers at Auchenhowie recently.

There is no way he would ever sign for 'them', and even if they offered money/drugged/kidnapped him I wouldn't have feck all to do with pennticfc. What parent would let a child sign for a club who covered up child rape and who's fans chant support for child murderers?

I am actually astounded that anyone would pay that type of money for a 12 year old.

During my time involved in youth football I seen kids who were untouchable as 12 year old and were being chased by clubs all over the county. most of them don't even play anymore.

I seen Ross Perry totally dominate a national final at Hampden in the Coca Cola 7s.

So much can happen between the age of 12 and 18 when they should be reaching the 1st team squad.

I agree with you. My dad managed an incredibly talented and successful Mill Utd team in Hamilton from under 9's until under 17's and the guys who were incredibly talented at 9/10/11/12 weren't necessarily the ones who were the same at 16/17. And even the guys who made it professional didn't fulfill their early potential for one reason or another.

I don't know if any of you remember a guy called John Fleck?

That said, I hope the boy turns out to be a top player!

We had a supposed "golden generation" at youth level a few years back, did they not beat the tarriers 5-0 in a cup final at Hampden?

You could argue it was, ok none of them are Gareth Bale, but those in bold are still playing professional football.

RANGERS Gallacher; McLachlan, Kinniburgh; Perry, Smith, Emslie (Djeziri 81); Fleck, Shinnie, Lennon, (Little 77), Furman, McMillan (Ness 63)

UNUSED SUBS Sagar, Harvey

Three of the Four were Rangers fans, Celtic paid Rangers compensation for two of them.

WERE being the word!!!!

How can any Rangers fan sign for bheastfc???

I blame the parents, who obviously aren't Rangers fans and/or were silly enough to marry bheasts.

My boy is 10yo, has been playing about 5/6 years at a decent level (still 7 a side at his age group), played against Rangers at Auchenhowie recently.

There is no way he would ever sign for 'them', and even if they offered money/drugged/kidnapped him I wouldn't have feck all to do with pennticfc. What parent would let a child sign for a club who covered up child rape and who's fans chant support for child murderers?