Scotzine Editor Andy Celtichead interviews Jack Irvine

Boab

For a man known to be incredibly media savvy, you've got to wonder at this interview. Never mind who it is with, but he goes on to drag up the past!

What is he playing at? Certainly does not come across as someone who has the PR interests of Rangers at heart.

It's bafflingly illogical to the extent we assume an ulterior motive, but perhaps he's just one of these cunts who can't do their job, but can convince others that they are invaluable somehow.

Part of the modern media age, he fools those he needs to, but no one else.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the first three answers in the OP and decided the c*nt needs to go. Not reading the rest as it will get my blood pressure up.

WTF, he is here to represent our Rangers?

Precisely.

PR man? About as much as Craig Whyte was a credible businessman and club owner.

Precisely.

PR man? About as much as Craig Whyte was a credible businessman and club owner.

I witnessed a certain A. Campbell who managed to convince everyone in the country (or almost all) going to war was in the best interest of the nation on the back of his job as PR man for T. Blair and Iraq having bad things there (apart from sand).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair/10151126/Tony-Blair-more-truthful-about-war-than-liar-Winston-Churchill-says-Alastair-Campbell.html

We can't even get a PR man to say WTF! you lot at it again with the innuendoes and accusations?

That fecking blood is boiling again I swear!

If this person is not taken to task ASAP then there is nothign to be done, close the gates to Ibrox, maybe some of our better press freindly members may highlight sh1t to JT as he has not a lot to do except the book, maybe he can get involved and highlight to us all what is wrong as I am blind!

was actually a very good interview given.....only problem is.....he has proven he aint too hot at PR if he doesnt know about the contempt for rangers held by the interviewer

Oh that's alright then, a telly tubby giving an interview for OUR RANGERS and making us look like muppets!

My mistake, will send my flowers and chocolates to say sorry to the wee man....who makes a business out of PR.......yeah PR.

was actually a very good interview given.....only problem is.....he has proven he aint too hot at PR if he doesnt know about the contempt for rangers held by the interviewer

Oh and

"What do you think? I worked with or trained a lot of the current crop of journalists. I’m not going to publically traduce them although I will make an exception for some of the more stupid ones."

they will be the friendly ones he trained then yeah?

This is just about as spectacular an own goal as the time Bain spilled his guts to 3 names about the tax case a few years back.

We seriously paying this fool Irvine for P.R. and then he runs out and spills his guts to a Rangers hating beast who can't string 2 words together without showing his venomous hatred for the club?

This interview aside our PR has been a fecking shambles for years now that should be reason enough to kick MH to the curb alone.

As for the interview itself it just about sums up the foot in mouth disease still prevalent from a lot of people working for the club. Dragging up the past and giving filth who want to harm Rangers more ammo.

This is unbelievable, he MUST have an ulterior motive, he can't be this out of touch and deranged. Maybe the article isn't for our benefit though! It could be a bridge building exercise with the mhedia, other fans, etc. which actually makes it much much worse, he's basically an uber cunt

Leggos

JACK IRVINE ATTACKS SUN EDITOR HARRIES AND RECORD EDITOR RENNIE

JACK IRVINE has trashed the reputation and abilities of the men he needs to have on his side the most if he is to get stories backing the current Rangers board into Scotland’s top two selling daily newspapers.

I can reveal that Irvine has made disparaging remarks about Sun editor Andy Harries and Daily Record editor Allan Rennie.

The latest revelations come just days after the big three Rangers fans groups released an angry statement condemning Irvine, recently re-employed by Rangers as a £100,000-a-year part time consultant spin doctor, following the release of an email in which Irvine branded the man voted as the Greatest Ever Ranger, John Greig, as thick.

And they also follow the smug Irvine treating those Rangers fans with complete contempt by being interviewed by Rangers hating Andy Muirhead on his rabidly pro Celtic website.

But it is the news which I am breaking which will damage Jack Irvine the most, especially with Andy Harries, the editor of the Sun, the paper which has backed all of Irvine’s clients during the Rangers saga, beginning with Craig Whyte and going right up to the Easdales.

It is the Sun which has been firmly in the Irvine backed Easdales camp.

Now Irvine cannot deny the truth of what I am about to reveal. For I have emails from him to prove what he really thinks about Sun supremo Harries and Record editor Rennie.

Irvine made his remarks about Andy Harries in the wake of the controversy which followed the Harries U-turn over his original decision to publish extracts of Philmacgiollabhain’s book a year ago.

Harries justified his change of mind in an usually long Sun editorial – known in the newspaper business as the leader – and said he had not been aware of Philmacgiollabhain’s background. Harries then added that Philmacgiollabhain was tarred with the brush of sectarianism, something the Press Complaints Commission agreed with after Philmacgiollabhain complained to them.

But in an email Jack Irvine wrote: “Harries says he was completely unaware of Phil’s background. That is a sackable offence in itself. If Harries was warned he is an even bigger idiot. The Sun leader was lies from start to finish. If they didn’t know his (Philmacgiollabhain’s) background they should all be sacked.”

The Irvine verdict on Record editor Allan Rennie is even more devastating!

Jack Irvine wrote: “He (Rennie) was promoted way above his capabilities. However, he does have one major shot in his locker. He is best buddies (and running partner) with the equally incompetent management supremo, Mark Hollinshead. As long as the latter stays in situ, then Rennie cannot be moved.”

If Andy Harries, the editor of Scotland’s biggest selling daily newspaper, the Sun and Allan Rennie, the editor of Scotland’s second biggest selling daily newspaper, the Record, did not previously know what Jack Irvine really thought about them, they do now.

This is unbelievable, he MUST have an ulterior motive, he can't be this out of touch and deranged. Maybe the article isn't for our benefit though! It could be a bridge building exercise with the mhedia, other fans, etc. which actually makes it much much worse, he's basically an uber cunt

He must.

Irvine may ba a whole lot of things, daft aint one of them.

The only reason he would speak to such an cbvious bottom feeder like muirhead is to get some kind of reaction.

He must.

Irvine may ba a whole lot of things, daft aint one of them.

The only reason he would speak to such an cbvious bottom feeder like muirhead is to get some kind of reaction.

A reaction from who?

If its us, I think it's in extremely bad taste as we are all agitated enough with all the recent boardroom shit.

"Leggos

JACK IRVINE has trashed the reputation and abilities of the men he needs to have on his side the most if he is to get stories backing the current Rangers board into Scotland’s top two selling daily newspapers.

I can reveal that Irvine has made disparaging remarks about Sun editor Andy Harries and Daily Record editor Allan Rennie.

The latest revelations come just days after the big three Rangers fans groups released an angry statement condemning Irvine, recently re-employed by Rangers as a £100,000-a-year part time consultant spin doctor, following the release of an email in which Irvine branded the man voted as the Greatest Ever Ranger, John Greig, as thick."

Leggo's got some brass neck. He's spent the last couple of years lambasting Rennie, outing him as a tim........but that's a hacks training I suppose

Leggos

JACK IRVINE has trashed the reputation and abilities of the men he needs to have on his side the most if he is to get stories backing the current Rangers board into Scotland's top two selling daily newspapers.

The latest revelations come just days after the big three Rangers fans groups released an angry statement condemning Irvine, recently re-employed by Rangers as a £100,000-a-year part time consultant spin doctor, following the release of an email in which Irvine branded the man voted as the Greatest Ever Ranger, John Greig, as thick.

And they also follow the smug Irvine treating those Rangers fans with complete contempt by being interviewed by Rangers hating Andy Muirhead on his rabidly pro Celtic website.

But it is the news which I am breaking which will damage Jack Irvine the most, especially with Andy Harries, the editor of the Sun, the paper which has backed all of Irvine's clients during the Rangers saga, beginning with Craig Whyte and going right up to the Easdales.

It is the Sun which has been firmly in the Irvine backed Easdales camp.

Now Irvine cannot deny the truth of what I am about to reveal. For I have emails from him to prove what he really thinks about Sun supremo Harries and Record editor Rennie.

Irvine made his remarks about Andy Harries in the wake of the controversy which followed the Harries U-turn over his original decision to publish extracts of Philmacgiollabhain's book a year ago.

Harries justified his change of mind in an usually long Sun editorial – known in the newspaper business as the leader – and said he had not been aware of Philmacgiollabhain's background. Harries then added that Philmacgiollabhain was tarred with the brush of sectarianism, something the Press Complaints Commission agreed with after Philmacgiollabhain complained to them.

But in an email Jack Irvine wrote: "Harries says he was completely unaware of Phil's background. That is a sackable offence in itself. If Harries was warned he is an even bigger idiot. The Sun leader was lies from start to finish. If they didn't know his (Philmacgiollabhain's) background they should all be sacked."

The Irvine verdict on Record editor Allan Rennie is even more devastating!

Jack Irvine wrote: "He (Rennie) was promoted way above his capabilities. However, he does have one major shot in his locker. He is best buddies (and running partner) with the equally incompetent management supremo, Mark Hollinshead. As long as the latter stays in situ, then Rennie cannot be moved."

If Andy Harries, the editor of Scotland's biggest selling daily newspaper, the Sun and Allan Rennie, the editor of Scotland's second biggest selling daily newspaper, the Record, did not previously know what Jack Irvine really thought about them, they do now.

He is right on both counts there IMO.