Why was the Parma away leg under Advocaat at lunchtime?

Boab

I'm fairly certain this was against Steaua Bucharest and it was an afternoon ko. I remember the teacher going out to check the score for a couple of us. IIRC it was only about a week after Ally had surgery. I think it was season 87/88.

This was the Parma game in 1998 (late Nov or early Dec). It was a late afternoon ko, I left work early and went to my parents house to watch it with my Dad. It was sweet revenge though when we beat them the following year to get into the CL. I was at the home game in '99 & then watched the away leg at the Highland Bar in Gran Canaria. I even had my Falkirk Supporter husband wearing a Gers top that night!

the Steau game was an afternoon kick off, it only passed a pitch inspection after they got helicopters down onto the pitch to dry it out, one of best teams ive seen play us, should and could have been a hammering that day. all the power in the city was switched off early evening in winter time, think game was in march

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember skiving off school for this. I think there was a game against Steau Bucharest that was also at a random midweek afternoon kick off too when i was wee.

Kaiserslautern around that time as well was early. Djorkaeff was playing for them if i remember correctly.

We got our revenge the next season though when we beat them at Ibrox in CL qualifier 2-0 , ortega got sent off am sure , what a team they had Veron , Crespo , Sensini , Dino Baggio etc .

Was it not Cannavaro that got sent off at Ibrox? I think it was only about half an hour in.

Lars Ricken diving against us on the touch line is the worst dive I have ever seen on tv. Have never been able to see it again and no-one else ever seems to remember it. I was fucking raging for a good 5 minutes as he used to be my favourite foreign player.

I remember it and hate the cunts to this day for their dirty tricks they used that day, they were worse that the fucking Italians.

Is this the one where that dick van honk doink scored two free kicks against us.

No that was for Feyenoord when big Eck took over. Advocaat got us through against PSG on penalties in Paris. Numan scored the winner I think then Advocaat moved upstairs. Arteta was playing for PSG and Van Persie for feyenoord.

No that was for Feyenoord when big Eck took over. Advocaat got us through against PSG on penalties in Paris. Numan scored the winner I think then Advocaat moved upstairs. Arteta was playing for PSG and Van Persie for feyenoord.

PSG also had Ronaldino, Anelka, Jay Jay Okocha and Heinze.

Oh, and Letizi.