I was their, McCoist scored the only goal if I am correct.

But what you are saying just never happened.

I was there. Sure it was a Cooper Free kick and a Frank MacAvenniie dink over the Aussie keeper to give us a 2-0 win. Think we drew 0-0 in return. Never heard any abuse directed at Coop.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what you are saying just never happened.

The 1-0 game you are talking about they booed darren jackson when he came on who ironically went on to win more caps than oor Davie Cooper ! The Scotland set up has always hated Rangers goes back a long way ! It's jealousy, still is !

Stopped goin to Scotland games after world cup play off with Australia at Hampden when every time the late great DAVIE COOPER was on the ball so called Scotland fans would just shout get into that Orange B#####d.STICK your TARTAN ARMY up your ARSE

Didn't happen.

'There' not 'their.'

It was 2-0.

Cooper and McAvennie scored.

McCoist wasn't in the squad, had never played for Scotland and would only make his international debut the next year.

Apart from that you are correct.

Stopped goin to Scotland games after world cup play off with Australia at Hampden when every time the late great DAVIE COOPER was on the ball so called Scotland fans would just shout get into that Orange B#####d.STICK your TARTAN ARMY up your ARSE

Agree totally Stick their tartan army up their arse !

Obviously somebody's pal or he's made up to get reactions, maybe a polis or a jhourno, who knows, who cares, the bottom line getting back on topic is no Rangers supporter goes to watch Scotland under the present corrupt set up because if they do then they are worse than traitors !

Somebody wrap this guy in tinfoil and put him the freezer.

I am putting this in here as well..

I am saddened by the anti-Scottish crap that has been going on recently.

Our country really does have a problem. As does this forum.

Shame on you Scots Gers fans who have done nothing but surrender.

I have been a Rangers and Scotland fan since 1986. What a great world cup with Scotland participating... what a season for the Gers with Souness taking over and revolutionising our team and the game up here.

None of you Sky TV brainwashed idiots would even know what any of that was like.

But don't EVER try to tell me that I should not support my country, you freaks.

I will be in a queue waiting to toe your peas.... headed by Graeme Souness... Baxter, Cooper, McCoist, McCall. Goram, Greig, Gough, et al... and with Lee Wallace also waiting in the wings to put a left boot in, I reckon you anti-Scots-Scots (yes, you are that contrary) would have sore balls... if you actually had any.

Hey my fellow Scotland loving person

This lot don’t remember or even know what the English done to Scotland

It doesn’t mean I don’t want to feel British, I feel Scottish first

For me its political, and I cant believe so many of the so called fellow Bears voted Labour, Labour are for the Scum

Somebody wrap this guy in tinfoil and put him the freezer.

I have never met a Rangers supporter (and I have met thousands over the years) that is :Anti Royal, anti England, anti Church of Scotland and anti The Union. Also, who does not have an overwhelming hatred of all the people in power in Scottish Football because of the way in which these people have treated us in recent times.

You come on here and add fuck all to any debate except shite that is posted to deliberately antagonise people on here. You call Rangers supporters on here all sorts of names including correcting them when they make a slight spelling error or say something that is gramatically wrong. Now no one is saying you have to be a Royalist, Unionist and Loyalist to follow Rangers but when you start to follow Rangers you quickly understand, or at least become aware of, the history and traditions. So, if having read back over some of the post you have put on here, you really are as deeply against all the things I mention above, and that your rants indicate you are, I simply can not understand why you support Rangers.

Please don't answer with its all shite we are a football club The Rangers have never been only a football club.

I have never met a Rangers supporter (and I have met thousands over the years) that is :Anti Royal, anti England, anti Church of Scotland and anti The Union.

I am certainly not anti-England, as you would note from the thread I started in the OT celebrating the massive contribution that England has made to music and culture over the years (and continues to do so). I am also not a rabid SNP supporter nor voter. Also, to answer another of your accusations, if you look I think you will find I make a great many posts (and threads) about the football. This is after all, the football section of a football forum.

I'm afraid that I am not the blinkered one here. I make choices based on what I see and I call it how I feel. The fact that I prefer the Sex Pistols version of God Save The Queen to the other song about a sky-fairy saving a little old lady only means that I am free to think how I choose. I wasn't born just to slavishly follow rules and beliefs just because someone else said I should.

Also, I am not the one who regularly brings politics and religion into the Bears Den. I merely respond by posting an opinion (and sometimes undoubted facts) in said threads. People don't always agree and in my opinion blinkered beliefs and cognitive dissonance can sometimes make people angry and irrational and they respond in such a manner towards me. I don't mind.

Because fortunately mass censorship isn't de rigueur on here and even if it was I would still be the same person. A Rangers fan who is allowed to think like a free man. Freedom of choice is what it is all about.

And no-one, especially a random stranger on an Internet forum, is going to antagonise me back into line.

The more eagle-eyed among us would have noticed that this is an old thread from September 11th 2013 at a time when there were a few OTT anti-Scottish threads made by a certain number of fans of a Scottish football club - a club which has released many players to proudly represent their country over the course of the history of the game.

These threads were made in the Bears' Den. This thread was started as a response.

The thread has been rather mischievously bumped nearly two years later at a time when some anti-Scottish sentiments are once again coming to the fore. I can't explain the exact reason why it has been resurrected but I can explain the reason why it was created.

The day before was September 10th 2013 and on this day the Scottish national team played a match against Macedonia, recording a 2-1 away victory. There were calls at the time for Lee Wallace to turn his back on his country when given the honour of an international call-up.

The following photo was taken just after full-time of the match in question. If the eagle-eyed are still following they may notice two familiar figures:

_69777204_strach_pa.jpg

Yes. Fourth from the right is Lee Wallace - Rangers Captain.

The man to his right is Stuart McCall - Rangers Manager.

Both happily celebrating a victory for the Scottish national team.

Looks like they are on the same page as me. The same team as me. That is good enough for me.

They follow in the footsteps of many captains and managers from Scotland's most successful club who represented Scotland with pride and passion. Every one of them would be in agreement with my sentiments. Every one of them would be loathe to surrender the national team to small-minded haters from elsewhere.

They were all on the same page as me. They were on the same team as me... and thousands of other Rangers fans too.

So, to recap the OP: No Surrender.

Case closed.

The more eagle-eyed among us would have noticed that this is an old thread from September 11th 2013 at a time when there were a few OTT anti-Scottish threads made by a certain number of fans of a Scottish football club - a club which has released many players to proudly represent their country over the course of the history of the game.

These threads were made in the Bears' Den. This thread was started as a response.

The thread has been rather mischievously bumped nearly two years later at a time when some anti-Scottish sentiments are once again coming to the fore. I can't explain the exact reason why it has been resurrected but I can explain the reason why it was created.

The day before was September 10th 2013 and on this day the Scottish national team played a match against Macedonia, recording a 2-1 away victory. There were calls at the time for Lee Wallace to turn his back on his country when given the honour of an international call-up.

The following photo was taken just after full-time of the match in question. If the eagle-eyed are still following they may notice two familiar figures:

_69777204_strach_pa.jpg

Yes. Fourth from the right is Lee Wallace - Rangers Captain.

The man to his right is Stuart McCall - Rangers Manager.

Both happily celebrating a victory for the Scottish national team.

Looks like they are on the same page as me. The same team as me. That is good enough for me.

They follow in the footsteps of many captains and managers from Scotland's most successful club who represented Scotland with pride and passion. Every one of them would be in agreement with my sentiments. Every one of them would be loathe to surrender the national team to small-minded haters from elsewhere.

They were all on the same page as me. They were on the same team as me... and thousands of other Rangers fans too.

So, to recap the OP: No Surrender.

Case closed.

Outstanding post.

Should close the thread on that note.