Time to get a few things off my chest

The Dude

Hey Dude, knew an immigrant who told me stories about their leisure activities back home in Albania after the communists fell. When fishing they would plan a quietish time, lob a hand grenade in to a lake and stun thousands of fish, easy catches. You've had quite a catch with yours.

Loved all the offensive ones being offended, still smiling. The easily offended wee neds in the group give it out but cant take it when its given back, even by just one Dude..

Agree with almost all of your post, except that I think that child abuse and its effects should be highlighted, not ignored. And not just the traditional cellic associated crimes. The more publicity given to institutions, groups and individuals abusing children the better as the problem is probably much larger than a lot of people realise. There must be a time when society realises that this problem has to be prioritised and investigated by the police properly.

Hey Dude, knew an immigrant who told me stories about their leisure activities back home in Albania after the communists fell. When fishing they would plan a quietish time, lob a hand grenade in to a lake and stun thousands of fish, easy catches. You've had quite a catch with yours.

Loved all the offensive ones being offended, still smiling. The easily offended wee neds in the group give it out but cant take it when its given back, even by just one Dude..

Agree with almost all of your post, except that I think that child abuse and its effects should be highlighted, not ignored. And not just the traditional cellic associated crimes. The more publicity given to institutions, groups and individuals abusing children the better as the problem is probably much larger than a lot of people realise. There must be a time when society realises that this problem has to be prioritised and investigated by the police properly.

Your last point no one will disagree with - but purely highlighting it for football rivalry point scoring reasons is pretty pathetic ( and the point I believe Dude was making)

I don't see a lot wrong with the OP.

The boardroom and the fan groups I can make sense of. Although I think it's unfair to say they do nothing. The VB have done plenty of good work, they're a little over the top sometimes sure, but they've done a lot of good work.

Regarding singing about the child abuse, or using it to "score points" I can see where you're coming from in all honesty. A horrible, horrible thing happened and it shouldn't be used to bait another team. However, they should never be allowed to forget their part in that awful situation. I'm not sure a suitable place to remind them is at a match and in the form of a song, but that's just me.

First things first, before anybody bleats and whines about this being in the Bears Den it is relevant in here as it is about the Rangers support in general and posters on here (and other forums). I'm fully aware I'm not exactly the most popular guy on here and this post will no doubt further cement that but theres a few things that are really starting to get on my tits with regards to the supporters of OUR club. So without much further ado lets begin.

Supporters Groups

Where do you guys get off? Whilst I think most of them have their hearts in the right place is there really any need for 6 different supporters groups all wanting their five minutes of fame? Sons of Struth, VB, RST, RSA (X2), UB all make points occasionally that I'm sure most of us will all agree on. Some might not like the leadership of certain groups or the past actions of others but c'mon to fuck guys. Heres a novel idea. Instead of working away in loads of wee groups that the majority (and I do mean the majority) of Rangers fans couldn't give a flying fuck about. You are all pretty much irrelevant to most fans. We see statement after statement with your names attached but theres never any action from any of you. I'd love to see an exhaustive list of achievments of these groups. Do us all a favour. You say you want to help push our club forward and get back to our rightful place at the top table of football? Then put your petty fucking egos aside and work together.

No doubt someone will come along and blame it all on Dingwall. I'm far from a fan of Dingwall but there are others in our support who are just as divisive.

We are Rangers fans. At the end of the day I don't give a fuck about anyones politics, religions or sexual orientation. If they are a bluenose then thats good enough for me. I dont give a flying fuck if you met some no mark Norther Irish Politician for a chat on parades or if you went to great bother to organise a lovely wee publicity stunt that saw your members regularly appear on TV (invariably with nothing more than soundbites which change fuck all) Rangers isn't your wee plaything. She belongs to all of us. and our Fathers, and our Grandfathers. Stop speaking for your 200 members and work together to speak for the majority. Then and only then can we truly affect change at Ibrox.

Harrassment of other Fans

I've only posted hee for about 18 months but in that time I've seen some fantastic posters be forced off the board. Some that I agree with, some that I wouldn't agree with if they told me the time of day, but bluenoses nonetheless. Nobodies opinion is worth more than anyone else. This used to be a pretty decent forum where you could get a decent chat with bears from all walks of lfe and all corners of the globe. Now? Now its turned into a horrific little network of trolls, liars, fantasists and bullies. There are plenty guys on here I regularly disagree with on here (eh 1st_Jan_1994) but never should it descend into personal attacks on posters or in one instance their wifes religious beliefs. I have nothing against anyone telling me I'm wrong and showing me why, Thats the whole point of a forum but when it gets to the point where some posters only real contribution to the board is one word posts calling others 'prick' or 'cunt' or 'fenian' it gets to the point where you wonder why you even bother. If you dont agree with someone debate the point with them dont disregard their opinion and start throwing petty insults around like some fucking 8 year old. Christ, I've even had one poster on here (Resting in my account) bring up an incident from when I was 15/16 (I'm 27 in a few weeks) in an attempt to humiliate me. Sadly it didnt go well for him as after I finally remembered the mildly amusing episode from my school days I went on to share several other highly embarrasing episodes from a similar time. The very fact someone felt the need to bring up something as innocuous as me wearing a snorkel at school for a laugh (and getting plenty I might add)shows me just how highly some of the Rangers support thinks of their 'brethren'.

Child Abuse

Can we just fucking drop this. To make light of child rape in the manner a sizable section of our support do frankly sickens me to the pit of my stomach. Quick hypothetical question to all the parents here. Your child gets raped. Would you be quite happy for people to use it as a point scoring exercise on a FOTTBALL forum or twitter/facebook? What about having 50,000 singing a song essentially mocking the rape of YOUR child? Not like the sound of that? No? Didn't really think so. Its utterly fucking disgusting. Time for another wee story here. One of my closest friends was sexually abused by his/her mothers partner as a child (He's a bear by the way) and this is something that still affects their life to this very minute (25 years after the abuse stopped). If you feel THAT strongly about the cover up that apparently took place at Celtic then make a complaint to the cops. Dont fucking crow about it on twitter like some kind of moral fucking arbiter. You're just a cunt who uses the sexual exploitation of children as a punchline.

Just for reference, some of the other groups currently being/previously investigated for cover up of the abuse of children

The Royal Air Force

The Boys Brigade

The Church of England

ITV

I've never seen a single post on here by any of you pricks who are so opposed to it you need to mention it every third post. But its nothing to do with point scoring. Its almost as if you are obsessed with the thought of child abuse you sick creepy bastards. I truly hope those who I speak about (and you'll know who you are) never have kids ever as I don't know if someone whos thoughts on football instantly turn to child abuse is the kind of person who should EVER be left alone with kids.

Boardroom Stuff

This one will be short and sweet.

Almost none of us have a fucking clue what is going on. Shut the fuck up and stop pretending like you do. If you actually do know what is going on in the boardroom then heres a novel idea. Give us the fucking truth. No soundbites. no teases. no smoke and mirrors. Give us the facts. Who knows, it might even keep you in a job come the end of October.

So, no doubt I've probably pissed most of you off now (I actually planned to make this a LOT longer but decided to stop wasting my time on folk who probably struggle to spell their own name so I'll wrap it up here with a slightly more positive note.

I may get the old ban hammer for this. If so, Its been fun. If not, then I'll happily back up any of the points I've made above.

Fuck me what a rant :matron: I'm not reading 25 pages of you getting ripped to shreds (although it is appealing ) but whilst I agree TBD has gone to the dogs recently if you don't like it don't read it. We all enjoy a wee moan now and then but you seem angrier than a rottweiler with his bone stuck up his arse take a chill pill and put some Pink Floyd on man before you explode

Fuck me what a rant :matron: I'm not reading 25 pages of you getting ripped to shreds (although it is appealing ) but whilst I agree TBD has gone to the dogs recently if you don't like it don't read it. We all enjoy a wee moan now and then but you seem angrier than a rottweiler with his bone stuck up his arse take a chill pill and put some Pink Floyd on man before you explode

Thats not a rant. Its maybe a bit poorly composed, mainly because I was doing a few things at the same time but thats not a rant. If I was ranting it would be a whole fucking lot longer than my OP

Its far from 25 pages of me getting ripped to shreds. It goes all over the place. Theres actually a reasonably grown up discussion about a few things.

Does the same apply to the football? If you don't like it don't watch it?

I don't see a lot wrong with the OP.

The boardroom and the fan groups I can make sense of. Although I think it's unfair to say they do nothing. The VB have done plenty of good work, they're a little over the top sometimes sure, but they've done a lot of good work.

Regarding singing about the child abuse, or using it to "score points" I can see where you're coming from in all honesty. A horrible, horrible thing happened and it shouldn't be used to bait another team. However, they should never be allowed to forget their part in that awful situation. I'm not sure a suitable place to remind them is at a match and in the form of a song, but that's just me.

Nothing is maybe a bit strong but its not a million miles away from it in the grand scheme of things things like unveiling mad phils editor using a psuedonym matters not a jot to the Club or the vast majority of the support.

Have they really though? What have they achieved exactly?

Thats not a rant. Its maybe a bit poorly composed, mainly because I was doing a few things at the same time but thats not a rant. If I was ranting it would be a whole fucking lot longer than my OP

Its far from 25 pages of me getting ripped to shreds. It goes all over the place. Theres actually a reasonably grown up discussion about a few things.

A grown up discussion on RM? I dont believe it :pipe: Yeah i would say if you dont like football dont watch it but as this is a football forum i assume everybody here enjoys football not sure what your point is though.

Your last point no one will disagree with - but purely highlighting it for football rivalry point scoring reasons is pretty pathetic ( and the point I believe Dude was making)

Agreed which is why I brought up the point that all individuals, groups and institutions involved should be highlighted, and properly investigated by the police.

A grown up discussion on RM? I dont believe it :pipe: Yeah i would say if you dont like football dont watch it but as this is a football forum i assume everybody here enjoys football not sure what your point is though.

Have you read any of the threads about our football over the last 18 months or so?

Have you read any of the threads about our football over the last 18 months or so?

Now you are contradicting yourself....in your OP you championed the right of people to be able to express an opinion and voiced your displeasure at those incapable of debating with someone with an opposing view without resorting to name calling or belittling comments....you are now deriding the views many have expressed on the standard of football and their opinions on our manager and progress thus far....you can't have it both ways....

whilst I agree TBD has gone to the dogs recently if you don't like it don't read it.

Now you are contradicting yourself....in your OP you championed the right of people to be able to express an opinion and voiced your displeasure at those incapable of debating with someone with an opposing view without resorting to name calling or belittling comments....you are now deriding the views many have expressed on the standard of football and their opinions on our manager and progress thus far....you can't have it both ways....

Where exactly am I contradicting myself? I simply asked if the 'dont like it? do something else' idea applied to our football aswell? I belittled noone or their opinions. Just curious if elephants stoned believes the people who have been quite vociferous in their displeasure at our standard of football should simply not watch it or if it only applies to reading RM

Where exactly am I contradicting myself? I simply asked if the 'dont like it? do something else' idea applied to our football aswell? I belittled noone or their opinions. Just curious if elephants stoned believes the people who have been quite vociferous in their displeasure at our standard of football should simply not watch it or if it only applies to reading RM

People go to Ibrox to support Rangers once the match kicks off its not up to the supporters how the team plays we can only try to create the best atmophere possible but on RM you can read what you want and ignore what or who you want its just not comparable in any way

I think that's a poor comparison to make....this is a football forum so I'd say 99.9% of the people on here will like football but they may have vastly different views on both football and in a general sense and some may have no interest in certain threads....no matter how bad the football gets if you are a fan you will always watch.

I thought your point about people jumping on the views of others without providing a reasoned response was a pertinent one both in relation to general topics and those related to the games where often the same posters will use belittling comments like 'don't watch it', 'go support someone else', 'your disloyal' etc etc when they deem the post to be negative instead of justifying their views and your reply to ES certainly came across along those lines....if I have picked that up wrong then fair enough.

Nothing is maybe a bit strong but its not a million miles away from it in the grand scheme of things things like unveiling mad phils editor using a psuedonym matters not a jot to the Club or the vast majority of the support.

Have they really though? What have they achieved exactly?

They are the only group who take the fight to our enemies.

Dude, thought provoking post!

Ego and testosterone it's a heady mix.

Agree about child abuse being totally inappropriate topic for a football forum.

As for consensus of opinion hard to get in real life, almost impossible on a football forum I would think.

Lastly, unsure of your motives in posting, was it a genuine plea for unity or were you being an agent provocateur, if so it certainly worked!