*** RM Sponsors' Fund - Latest Accounts, Latest News, and Let's Spend The Money!

govanblue

RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund

Accounts as of 31/12/13:

Total funds raised to date: £6287.76

Total Spent to Dec 31st 2013: £4530.00

Total remaining to be spent: £1757.76

Sponsors Fund: £627.60 | Lunch Fund: £493.42 | Teddy Bears' Fund: £636.74

(these balances carried forward to 2014 thread)

2012/2013

Fund launched: December 2012

Initial target: £550

Amount raised season 2012/2013: £1740.52

2012/2013 Money spent as follows:

£550 - Kit Sponsorship for Darren Cole Season 2012/2013 (the less said about him the better)

£38 - Christmas presents (official Rangers merchandise) for Ant (hand delivered to his hospital bed on Boxing Day)

£197 - 2 x Half Season tickets for Ant & his mum – Govan East Corner, Front Row.

£33 - 33 Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets – we didn’t win anything, boo!

£10 - 10 Rangers Charity wristbands from Pam Jackson – these were then sold to members for £2 to buy more wristbands, which were given as bonus prizes to various raffle winners

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - ThenNowForever)

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - Ready 2012/2013) – both bricks laid, no spelling mistakes!

Total spent in 2012/2013: £928.00

Total carried forward to season 2013/2014: £812.52

2013/2014

Total raised May 2013- Dec 31st 2013:

Banked: £812.52

Sponsors' Fund: £2237.08

Erskine Lunch Fund: £1373.42

Teddy Bears' Fund: £936.54

£5359.76 raised May - Dec 2013

Spent May - Dec 2013:

Sponsors' Fund:

£945 – Match Programme Kit Sponsorship of Nicky Law (full season)

£250 - Programme Kit Sponsorship of Natalie Ross (Rangers Ladies)

£60 – Founding Fathers Commemorative Print – for Erskine Glasgow Care home

£120 – Erskine Veterans Ibrox Tour, Ibrox Lunch and Megastore Shopping Spree (£120 from Sponsors' Fund, £110 from Lunch Fund)

£55 – postage costs for 19 raffle prizes

£750 - Match Programme Kit Sponsorship of Sebastien Faure (3/4 season)

£50 - Rangers Paving Brick - ordered 18/10/13 - inscription: RangersMedia | Ready 2013/2014

£100Rangers Lotto, Rising Stars and Scratchcards

£52 - Megastore sundries (Christmas cards, Christmas tree baubles, Christmas wrapping paper, Rangers bags for life, Walter Smith CDs)

£40 - Rangers Commemorative photo (Ibrox 140 Years) (for our 4th Erskine Home)

Total : £2422

Lunch Fund:

£440 - Donation to our 4 Erskine Home towards their Christmas festivities

£120 - 3 x Rangers Commemorative photo (Ibrox 140 Years)

£110 – Erskine Veterans Ibrox Lunch

£90tips to Ibrox Tour Guides, Argyle Restaurant Waiting Staff and Ibrox Megastore Staff for taking care of our 3 parties

£40 - Christmas presents for Alan, an Erskine Veteran (Jim Baxter memorabilia)

£80 - 20 Erskine Calendars for resale to members

Total : £880

Teddy Bears’ Fund:

£300 - 300 Rangers Charity Foundation Lucky Legends Prize Draw tickets

Total: £300

Total Spent 2012/2013: £928

Total spend May - Dec 2013: £3602.00

Total Spend Dec 2012 to Dec 31st 2013: £4530.00

Reserved money (Sponsors' Fund)

2 x Erskine Veterans' Megastore Shopping trip - £240

Auchenhowie Brick - £150

Reserved money (Erskine Lunch Fund)

2 x Erskine Veterans Argyle Lunch trips - £240

Reserved money (Teddy Bears' Fund)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB what happened to the idea of sponsoring Amy Harrison?

The Yorkie Choc fund is an excellent idea as is the Symon suite, maybe see if some of the younger veterans can be included. I've massive respect for the older veterans (my granddads picture in his uniform and his WWI medals take pride of place at home) but sometimes feel the boys and girls injured in the line of duty (Ireland, Falklands and Gulf etc) get a little sidelined.

Keep up the fantastic work and will donate to the Yorkie Choc fund when you need donations.

Awwww I like these ideas. What about a Christmas RM sponsors fund party function where a raffle could be held at Ibrox or something? Pay so much for the tickets in the door, then that ticket could win a raffle prize? I'm no good with these things so sorry if it is poop, lol.

Great idea STG. How about an RM Christmas meal at Argyle House? Add £10 onto the cost of the meal and a raffle during the meal or hire one of the clubs function suites for a Fund soiree? Rangers get the money from the event AND Sponsors Fund gets a boost!

Great work and money well spent.

How do i go about joining or donating?

Hi Mate :)

There's a PayPal donate button at the top of every page, or click here...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/donate.html

to join the fund, donate a minimum of £10 - once you've put your donation amount in, click next, then look for a link called "add special instructions to recipient" - put your RangersMedia username in that box and make the payment.

Once you've done that, PM me, and I will add you to the Hall of Fame, and you then have full voting rights on how we spend the rest of the money (tu)

RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund - Total funds raised to date: £3186.40

Fund launched: December 2012

Initial target: £550

Amount raised season 2012/2012: £1740.52

2012/2013 Money spent as follows:

£550 - Kit Sponsorship for Darren Cole Season 2012/2013 (the less said about him the better)

£38 - Christmas presents (official Rangers merchandise) for Ant (hand delivered to his hospital bed on Boxing Day)

£197 - 2 x Half Season tickets for Ant & his mum – Govan East Corner, Front Row.

£33 - 33 Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets – we didn’t win anything, boo!

£10 - 10 Rangers Charity wristbands from Pam Jackson – these were then sold to members for £2 to buy more wristbands, which were given as a bonus prize to various raffle winners

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - ThenNowForever)

£50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - (RangersMedia - Ready 2012/2013) – both bricks laid, no spelling mistakes!

Total spent in 2012/2013: £928.00

Total carried forward to season 2013/2014: £812.52

Total raised (so far) season 2013/2014:

Banked: £812.52

Raised via raffle: £1445.40

Erskine Lunch Fund: £334.26

= £2592.18 available to spend this season

Spent so far season 2013/2014:

£950 – Match Programme Kit Sponsorship of Nicky Law

£250 - Programme Kit Sponsorship of Natalie Ross (Rangers Ladies)

£60 – Founding Fathers Commemorative Print – for Erskine Glasgow Care home

£230 – Erskine Veterans Ibrox Tour, Ibrox Lunch and Megastore Shopping Spree

£50 – postage costs for 19 raffle prizes

Total Spent so far this season: £1540

Total remaining to be spent: £1052.18 :thumbup:

I expect that we should also raise a bit more money over the season with various fundraising things and hopefully we’ll continue to get a steady trickle of new fund members (only a tenner folks!).

We won’t be running any more raffles unfortunately, because PayPal have advised us that we’re not allowed to use PayPal accounts for raffles, even if they are just a bit of fun like ours are.

So we will have to find alternative ways of raising money which don’t involve raffling.

I would suggest something like a periodic “fund renewal pledge” whereby every now and then we announce that we’re looking for renewals (say a fiver). Everyone who renews goes on to the renewed list.

If we then coincidentally happen upon some cool memorabilia like for example – a signed Rangers Legends v Man Utd Legends Signed Shirt (fingers crossed folks, I might have got us one!) then we could just give it to one lucky name drawn from the renewed list. That’s not a raffle. No sirree!!

For sure we will also be having another Erskine Lunch Whip round, because those who donated last time demanded that we do it again, and I'm hopeful that we can organise another Erskine Ibrox day soon.

I spotted something really cool on the Rangers site – Symon Suite - Disabled hospitality tickets – and I thought this would be fantastic for some of the Erskine Glasgow Veterans. What do you think?

At least we managed to pretty much run our raffle before PayPal stepped in, and it was a great success. We raised about £1400 and eventually we drew our 19 winners, and hopefully they all received their chosen prizes, and were very happy with them. Except the ‘lucky member’ who chose the signed Darren Cole Shirt. Bummer eh? Not to worry though, we’re trying to sort out some way of making the shirt actually worth something again. ;)

Some planned purchases over the next few months:

£50 – Ibrox brick – “RangersMedia | Ready 2013/2014”

£230 – another Erskine Veterans’ Ibrox day out

£100 – Rangers Christmas Raffle tickets – a great cause, and something to help get us through the cold xmas blues.

£800 - Whatever else you can come up with

Oh, we’ll also be unveiling the ‘Yorkie Choc’ Fund in a month or so. Currently sitting at £55, I’m hopeful that as we approach Christmas, we can raise a few quid more. The plan being to spend it all in the Megastore on Rangers Christmas Selection boxes, and other assorted Rangers Christmas stuff like jigsaws or whatever, and give it all to Yorkhill Childrens’ Hospital. How does that sound?

So there you go. Any thoughts?

Now that's the sort of detailed expenditure we want to see from the upcoming club accounts !!!

Great work GB and let me know when to er renew! Lol

Awwww I like these ideas. What about a Christmas RM sponsors fund party function where a raffle could be held at Ibrox or something? Pay so much for the tickets in the door, then that ticket could win a raffle prize? I'm no good with these things so sorry if it is poop, lol.

Great idea STG. How about an RM Christmas meal at Argyle House? Add £10 onto the cost of the meal and a raffle during the meal or hire one of the clubs function suites for a Fund soiree? Rangers get the money from the event AND Sponsors Fund gets a boost!

The problem with a members' meet type thing, in my opinion, is that you lot are all nutjobs :D

http://forum.rangers....uk/donate.html

to join the fund, donate a minimum of £10 - once you've put your donation amount in, click next, then look for a link called "add special instructions to recipient" - put your RangersMedia username in that box and make the payment.

Once you've done that, PM me, and I will add you to the Hall of Fame, and you then have full voting rights on how we spend the rest of the money (tu)

Just paid but didnt see where to add my User name..............going to a good cause, Thanks (tu)

Thanks for the info.Only have mobile access at the minute so not sure if it will work but will do my best,if not will use mate's pc and do it.Cheers

Et tu? Ye bassa!!?

News of my ban is greatly exaggerated !

Mark twain loyal: no warnings yet branch!

Didn't say I supported it, just that I see it looming :D

speaking of folk getting banned before they pay up their Sponsors' Fund dues - did anyone notice Teebear making a cheeky wee appearance the other day? :sherlock:

TeeBear - you still owe me a signed shirt!!!

Seems to have gone through ok and have sent you pm.