This has to stop

legalbeagle

Before rushing into any judgements and going crazy with fixed opinions, think for a second about what is going on.

We are in the middle of a propaganda war. It is nasty and vicious. It is underhanded, filled with half-truths and unsubstantiated smears.

It is low on honesty, integrity and transparency.

And both sides are trying to win the propaganda war by using the fans as the battlefield, WE are the collateral damage.

To fans who would automatically jump to support the current Board - Ask yourself, did you think the day would come when the club would take legal action against fans for internet comments. If you think it could be justified given we are not sure what those comments are, then ask yourself, do you think it should be leaked to journalists and publicised on the club website?

To fans who would automatically jump to support the Murray/McColl group - Ask yourself, do you believe the way to do business is through the Daily Record and the BBC, through borderline half-truths, EGM requisitions, restricted meetings, demonstrations and divisive demonstrations?

To both sides - Ask yourself, do you really think your side are 100% clean, whiter than white and transparent? Ask yourself if this propaganda war is going to end with anything other than long-term divisions to our support?

I have become utterly disillusioned with the Leaders that surround our club now, utterly disillusioned with their tactics, utterly disillusioned with their lack of professionalism and my levels of doubt and cynicism have gone through the roof.

I have derided those who call for unity. Primarily because they usually call for unity behind the side they want to win the Boardroom. So it is ironic that I find myself almost doing the same, but here I am.

Unify - tell ALL of them that this is not good enough, tell ALL of them that we deserve and expect better.

The propaganda war must stop, and the professional business dealings and discussions should begin, and be maintained. I sincerely believe that the Bears who get into constant arguments on this site and others want the very best for our club, I don't believe that any of those factions fighting for control do.

If they did, would they be doing this to us?

republican jim should have thought of what he and malky were doing before they started shit stirrig.

this has been building for a good while.

On the bright side, once this whole episode is over we will hopefully have a fit for purpose board, a cleansed support and the ability to unite for the first time in 5 years.

Then, and only then, will we be back on the road of recovery and I am sure our real enemies will start to feel the heat.

I, for one, cannot wait.

The club were going through a period of relative stability until Minico stepped in

There was minimal disunity, Green & Ahmed had gone and Walter was still in place

This was an opportunity to undergo a prolonged period of getting on with business - the kind of chance Ally has been afforded to get the team right

Then the hand grenade was thrown in.

No facts were given as to why and no alternative plan was presented

The board responded by bringing Green back, not their wisest move from a PR perspective as it fed the paranoia of the Mini camp although he was brought to do what he seems to do best, bring in cash

Then we get Wattie leaving, toxic arriving, the Tweetwankers and bloggers pouring petrol on the fire daily in a way which would make 3 names jealous

And so here we are today - in an online civil war

Who knows what effect this has had on the share price

And all because Minico couldn't stand to see relative stability and wait for the agm to make his move

He wasn't happy with the olive branch of Blin on the board, which makes a mockery of his argument - he wanted all or nothing

He is the man who got us in to this position yet he says he wants to do what's best for Rangers?

If that was the case he could have waited til the agm and let the board prove themselves or otherwise with a reasonable crack of the whip - like that afforded to the manager

What was he scared of?

That they might have done a good job and he missed his opportunity?

Why did he refuse the offer to bring Blin on board?

Because that might have meant he missed his opportunity?

It all seems to be about HIM and not about the good of the club

If he wanted to get all the fans unified behind him he could have done two things

1. Explain in detail what his problems are with the current board (not by underhand smears, rumour & innuendo)

2. Explain in detail what HIS plans were to remedy the situation

He has done neither

Ask yourself if the current turmoil is a price worth paying for 1 mans ego and if he is someone you would want anywhere near the board when the dust settles

I believe the 'which side' media war will stop or at least reduce signficantly for the time being after the AGM. Either Board members will be replaced or they will not and the financial accounts and visibility of Directors' performance / plans will be open for all to analyse and for conclusions to be drawn. I remain confident that at that time the relevant people will do the right thing ie if no Directors are to be voted off then Murray etc do as Charles Green did and retire silently to the background and let the Board get on with its job. If Directors are voted off then I would expect them to do the same. The fuel fo the 'battle for control of the Club' should be substantially removed after an AGM. Unless the parties who do not achieve their objectives wish to act dishonourably by continuing to snipe behind the cover of unattributed media briefings or to openly dissent from the outcomes of the AGM then I hope and trust that they would act to respect the outcome of the AGM and get behind the Board in its job of enabling the football team to get back to the top flight and back into european football and honours as fast as possible.

Now that is not to say that other parties may surface in future who wish to gain control to which my view is - put a full, complete and transparent bid on the table for the Board, Supporters and shareholders to consider and do not engage in a media war to seek to undermine the Board as a tactic to win control. A bid should be financially attractive, contain real and tangible measures that would materially improve Rangers prospects on the pitch and materially improve financial prospects off the pitch so that the Board, Supporters and Shareholders could see the prospective value of the bid and react accordingly. Bids to gain control just because you want to or because of concerns not backed by evidence or for reasons that are not sufficiently transparent and justified are not, in my view, welcome.

Before rushing into any judgements and going crazy with fixed opinions, think for a second about what is going on.

We are in the middle of a propaganda war. It is nasty and vicious. It is underhanded, filled with half-truths and unsubstantiated smears.

It is low on honesty, integrity and transparency.

And both sides are trying to win the propaganda war by using the fans as the battlefield, WE are the collateral damage.

To fans who would automatically jump to support the current Board - Ask yourself, did you think the day would come when the club would take legal action against fans for internet comments. If you think it could be justified given we are not sure what those comments are, then ask yourself, do you think it should be leaked to journalists and publicised on the club website?

To fans who would automatically jump to support the Murray/McColl group - Ask yourself, do you believe the way to do business is through the Daily Record and the BBC, through borderline half-truths, EGM requisitions, restricted meetings, demonstrations and divisive demonstrations?

To both sides - Ask yourself, do you really think your side are 100% clean, whiter than white and transparent? Ask yourself if this propaganda war is going to end with anything other than long-term divisions to our support?

I have become utterly disillusioned with the Leaders that surround our club now, utterly disillusioned with their tactics, utterly disillusioned with their lack of professionalism and my levels of doubt and cynicism have gone through the roof.

I have derided those who call for unity. Primarily because they usually call for unity behind the side they want to win the Boardroom. So it is ironic that I find myself almost doing the same, but here I am.

Unify - tell ALL of them that this is not good enough, tell ALL of them that we deserve and expect better.

The propaganda war must stop, and the professional business dealings and discussions should begin, and be maintained. I sincerely believe that the Bears who get into constant arguments on this site and others want the very best for our club, I don't believe that any of those factions fighting for control do.

If they did, would they be doing this to us?

cant fault that tbhbut someone has to be in control and we arent exactly spoilt for choicemore blood letting to come....

The club were going through a period of relative stability until Minico stepped in

There was minimal disunity, Green & Ahmed had gone and Walter was still in place

This was an opportunity to undergo a prolonged period of getting on with business - the kind of chance Ally has been afforded to get the team right

The board responded by bringing Green back, not their wisest move from a PR perspective as it fed the paranoia of the Mini camp although he was brought to do what he seems to do best, bring in cash

Then we get Wattie leaving, toxic arriving, the Tweetwankers and bloggers pouring petrol on the fire daily in a way which would make 3 names jealous

And all because Minico couldn't stand to see relative stability and wait for the agm to make his move

He wasn't happy with the olive branch of Blin on the board, which makes a mockery of his argument - he wanted all or nothing

He is the man who got us in to this position yet he says he wants to do what's best for Rangers?

If that was the case he could have waited til the agm and let the board prove themselves or otherwise with a reasonable crack of the whip - like that afforded to the manager

What was he scared of?

If he wanted to get all the fans unified behind him he could have done two things

1. Explain in detail what his problems are with the current board (not by underhand smears, rumour & innuendo)

He has done neither

Ask yourself if the current turmoil is a price worth paying for 1 mans ego and if he is someone you would want anywhere near the board when the dust settles

FFS Swally, you on the milk this morning? thats must be up there with the best decent post youve done on Mini, without ripping him apart

Sorry but we don't have anybody else.

That's the problem.

Stability is required firstly.

People need to take a step back.

And you genuinely believe that will come when we have a board refusing to provide even the basic semblance of transparency and who turn on their own fans? Dear oh dear!

The only people needing to step back are those in the boardroom, stepping out altogether would be more palatable!

And you genuinely believe that will come when we have a board refusing to provide even the basic semblance of transparency and who turn on their own fans? Dear oh dear!

The only people needing to step back are those in the boardroom, stepping out altogether would be more palatable!

See other sensible posts on this topic above for the sake of RFC.

Stability must prevail .

Quite simple.

....Time someone steps in and hoovers up a controlling interest and steer us back to the top ..to many hands on the wheel pulling in different directions will sooner or later have us off the road...Dave King the stage is yours..

To continue on my cynical approach, the current turmoil and uncertainty is only going to have a negative effect on investor confidence. Therefore if anyone appears now to hoover up the shares I would be very suspicious that they were involved in orchestrating at least some of this to get themselves a better bargain.

It's pretty pish for us at the moment like a roller coaster 1 day things are on the up and looking good the next they are going down and it looks like doom and gloom with a few it's all went tits up we are fukked (example being the Rhecord today saying Ally has took a wage cut because the club are in trouble, IMHO Ally has took a pay cut because the wages he is getting is not that of a manager in the league we are in and I'm sad to say the football we are playing) threw in.

The stick the media like to beat us with is the your losing money and gonna go bust, I don't think we will go bust, regardless of whether or not you love or hate the board at present it doesn't change the fact the guys on it are business men and made made a lot of money in their time so they know what they are doing, we are losing money it's easy to see that, our premier league is now regarded as 1 of the weakest leagues in Europe now and we are playing in a few divisions below that, the fact that no bugger will even touch our leagues to sponsor them just shows how much esteem it's held in.

Ally could have put a cheaper team with less ability together but the fans want to see players worth watching who we recognise like Law or Templeton, last season the football at times was dire to watch most of us were at Ibrox watching it but this season apart from the games against Forfar we have been pretty decent to watch.

Until we are in Scotland's top league (and I use the term Top very loosely) and playing in Europe we will be losing money, the other option would have been to buy cheaper layers with less ability.

To continue on my cynical approach, the current turmoil and uncertainty is only going to have a negative effect on investor confidence. Therefore if anyone appears now to hoover up the shares I would be very suspicious that they were involved in orchestrating at least some of this to get themselves a better bargain.

..Perhaps,but if that's what it takes to sort out this mess then as Jean Luc says "make it so"..

What was he scared of?

He has done neither

Swally that is a very good summation worthy of a rep. (tu)

I do not want to get into an argument, but in this hypothetical, that person would have created this mess (at least in part), so, I would disagree.

..As far as I know Dave King does not have much of a shareholding at present so I would seriously doubt he would be playing much of a part in this boardroom battle...more about institutional investors trying to get more control over their investments I,m guessing...As for Dave King if he was serious about buying the club his chance will come in the not to distant future imo..