Accounts out this morning

Indeed i would say the same, but I think it's also worth looking out for the law man and forlanssister providing input. Out of most those are the 3 who are seemingly well clued up.

I did say no matter what the accounts turned out to be it will be spun on either side. This thread is proof of that.

The results are better than I expected but still questions arise from these.

Luckily I'm not clever enough to ask these questions but I'm sure others will. I still think they should go but I did point out why yesterday which had virtually nothing to do with accounts as I pointed out to you.

I'm just wondering can this board really secure extra share money? Will institutional investors really invest again? That's my main worry but the accounts aren't too bad thankfully.

Ftp

There is enough accounting talk in here without you bringing Funds Transfer Pricing into it!

Dropping four divisions was not the fault of the incumbent board.

why would dropping divisions stop us selling shirts or lower the cost of advertising in the stadium. if anything the coverage of the club and the amount of eyes who would see any advertising has grown. I personally thought the fans had rallied and spent more than we usually did, so why the massive drop?

...and:

"The auditor should evaluate management's assessment of the entity's ability to continue as a going concern."

So management need to look at the foreseeable future, not necessarily just 12 months (and in the case of a loss-making football club with lots of uncertainties, definitely not just 12 months!), and the auditors need to evaluate that assessment.

What about "opinion shopping"? (Note that we're already on our 2nd NOMAD... Why couldn't we keep Cenkos despite Malcolm Murray supposedly pleading with Green & co not to change ?)

What about fears of a "self-fulfilling prophecy" as they call it? There's some quite astounding stats on this with a massive amount of companies which go under having been given a seemingly clean bill of health immediately before sinking.

Going back to the NOMAD, I saw these leaked emails for the first time today:

GGmJJFW.png

I'm just wondering can this board really secure extra share money? Will institutional investors really invest again? That's my main worry but the accounts aren't too bad thankfully.

Ftp

this season will surely define whether investors will give us money again

if we can massively bridge the 14million loss (boss thinks we can which is a good sign) then the club is clearly moving in the right direction so surely the investors would be happy

they are all far lower than in the years before.

tickets sales is fair enough with the reduction in price.

Gate Receipts and hospitality £24.2m

Sponsorship and advertising £2.835m

Broadcasting rights £5.133m

Commercial £5.633m

Other income £1.875m

Total £39.7m

2013 was

Gate Receipts and hospitality £13.2m

Sponsorship and advertising £0.8m

Broadcasting rights £0.7m

Commercial £0.9m

Other income £1.705m

Total £19.1m

sponsorship and advertising down over 2m

broadcasting down £4.3m

commercial down £4m

what is it you see in the accounts that are positive?

We have deals in place, and as we climb the leagues and get European Football back, most of the 2013 numbers will fall back in line with the previous set of numbers, maybe even better than them.

We were in the bottom teir of a shitty football setup that has little money to go around as it is. It's no surprise that the figures were so low.

I understand your feeling. But surely that is no where near the benchmark for a satisfactory boardroom?

For the first couple of years of the start up, yes it is IMO.

As we climb the leagues and get back to Europe then they will have to achieve more to fall in line with where we are and who we are are playing against.

Commercial £5.633m

Other income £1.875m

Total £39.7m

2013 was

Commercial £0.9m

Other income £1.705m

Total £19.1m

broadcasting down £4.3m

commercial down £4m

We have deals in place, and as we climb the leagues and get European Football back, most of the 2013 numbers will fall back in line with the previous set of numbers, maybe even better than them.

We were in the bottom teir of a shitty football setup that has little money to go around as it is. It's no surprise that the figures were so low.

why would dropping divisions stop us selling shirts or lower the cost of advertising in the stadium. if anything the coverage of the club and the amount of eyes who would see any advertising has grown. I personally thought the fans had rallied and spent more than we usually did, so why the massive drop?

coverage hasnt grown, we have no european coverage, and our scottish coverage is well lower as we arent on any highlights package

this season will surely define whether investors will give us money again

if we can massively bridge the 14million loss (boss thinks we can which is a good sign) then the club is clearly moving in the right direction so surely the investors would be happy

It seems some still aren't happy so we'll need to wait and see

Well, I said i'd remain on the fence until the accounts were out and I must say they are not bad.

As long as we don't make a similar loss this season and next because that will be 40 odd million to get back to the SPL.

But there were many claiming we'd lost about £50m in this season alone.......... and they have been proven wrong.

So lets move on.

It seems some still aren't happy so we'll need to wait and see

of course some wont be happy mate, certain people wont be happy until its certain individuals in charge

mather and stockbridge could go to the AGM with evidence that we will post a profit in next years accounts and some would want them out, the agendas are stinking and its the petulant children in the support thats got them all

the sane heads waited till the accounts were released, we guessed at what it would be, some were damn close with their guesstimations, but the calm people waited and reserved judgement until today

now that today is a positive for the club, they cannot handle it and as we speak are probably planning their "hail mary" play for the AGM, its a pity for them that PM is their quarterback though :D

of course some wont be happy mate, certain people wont be happy until its certain individuals in charge

mather and stockbridge could go to the AGM with evidence that we will post a profit in next years accounts and some would want them out, the agendas are stinking and its the petulant children in the support thats got them all

the sane heads waited till the accounts were released, we guessed at what it would be, some were damn close with their guesstimations, but the calm people waited and reserved judgement until today

now that today is a positive for the club, they cannot handle it and as we speak are probably planning their "hail mary" play for the AGM, its a pity for them that PM is their quarterback though :D

I still want them out tbh. Stockbridge especially.

God, I wish I had picked a source that was easier to cut and paste from!

"Management may need to consider a wide range of factors relating to current and expected profitability, debt repayment schedules and potential sources of replacement financing before it can satisfy itself that the going concern basis is approporiate."

i.e. they can encorporate the use of a bridging credit facility in the plan. Does not mean that the auditors are saying we will break even in 2014-2015.

"Since the degree of uncertainty associated with the outcome of an event or condition increases as the event or condition is further into the future, in considering suc hevents or conditions, the indications of going concern issues will need to be significant before the auditor considers taking further action"

i.e. if the auditor feels the management could get a bridging finance package to tie them over till they get back to the top division and european revenue, then they would not challenge the self diagnosed 'going concern' declaration beyond that of the 12 months.

There is nothing in the accounts saying or indicating that we will be 'break even' in the next 2 years.

You seem fixated by some mythical "12 month rule". None exists. I can't be bothered explaining to you again. (tu)

One thing about today that have not seen mentioned is the timing of the acounts, im sure we were told they would be out 10th Oct but we got them today the 1st Oct, was the announcment of the 10th a ploy to lure the requsitioners into a false scense of security then bam heres the accounts 9 days early! I certainly wasnt expecting them this morning.

coverage hasnt grown, we have no european coverage, and our scottish coverage is well lower as we arent on any highlights package

our highlights are on the same program as always just after the spl highlights, we also get the same tv figures as previous years, we sold several of our own games for the first time including a large uptake in Rangers TV. If it doesn't make money then why are we wasting money on Rangers tV?

Sky and pals are showing the same amount of rangers games as they always have. It was our choice as a club not to take action against the spl with respect to share of income, so it is entirely down to the board they let others make money off the back of our fans viewing figures without any fight for a fair share. We had them over a barrel but we caved for the good of scottish football.

The books should also balance without european football if they don't then we are just heading down the same path as we did under Murray. Coverage in the press has grown worldwide with reports from inside ibrox accross the world, season ticket sales are up or at least the same levels so inhouse advertising should not have deminished.

why and who for, their out of business antics may well be questionable, but the results are good enough to give them another year at least

and as we have seen from the other side, they have absolutely nothing to offer other than wind and pish

One thing about today that have not seen mentioned is the timing of the acounts, im sure we were told they would be out 10th Oct but we got them today the 1st Oct, was the announcment of the 10th a ploy to lure the requsitioners into a false scense of security then bam heres the accounts 9 days early! I certainly wasnt expecting them this morning.

aye their mole probably has a copy of them waiting to be leaked on the 8th :lol:

I am still on the fence to be honest.

I was hoping for some projections on future revenue to give me an idea of the boards plans and if they were realistic.

I still feel completely in the dark about the current boards plans and projections.

Murrays crowd are no better. Lots of talk but nothing to back it up. We need info.

I dont think we are going bust this year, it is just not going to happen.

In the medium term, i still dont know how strong we will be when we get back to the top. The party who can prove to me that they have the best plan will get my approval.

why and who for, their out of business antics may well be questionable, but the results are good enough to give them another year at least

and as we have seen from the other side, they have absolutely nothing to offer other than wind and pish

I've already gave my opinion on this loads of times. I. Not going through it all again. Why do you and others continually think anyone who doesn't like this board wants "the other side" to get in :lol:

Fucking chronic place on here these days.

There are no fucking sides for me, I'm a rangers fan from drumchapel ffs, I don't cut about in circles that mix with businessmen unless drug dealers can be classed as businessmen then aye a know businessmen.

I'm worried for my club, I still am, I have no boardroom allegiances other than the club.

Commercial £5.633m

Other income £1.875m

Total £39.7m

2013 was

Commercial £0.9m

Other income £1.705m

Total £19.1m

broadcasting down £4.3m

commercial down £4m

That's the whole point - this season we have Puma, Blackthorn, Sports Direct/retail, other sponsorship deals etc. There is likely growth across a number of income streams.