Questions for the AGM

five stars

How much do you think we would have spent in less than 4 months, also considering ST monies coming in during that period?

I don't know how much the Club will have spent by the time of the AGM, that's why I think asking how much cash is left should be one of the top priorities.

As for ST monies.... the £11.2M in the bank at 30 June already included £4.5M cash received from £6.9M in season ticket sales to that point with the other £2.4M still to come in via payment plans. Since 30 June the Club might have received a further £3M to £4M in ticket money (including the £2.4M it was already due from ST). Even if you go high and say that an additional £4M from ticket sales has been brought in since 30 June, the club will have spent a lot more than £4M in that 4 month period.

Keep in mind that a 4 month period is essentially a third of 12 months running costs.

Jonok's suggested AGM question of "How much is in the bank today" or a differently worded variation of that same question is a very important one to ask of Brian Stockbridge.

Also, I'd suggest that asking Stockbridge for a short-term forecast would be an appropriate follow-up question, so something like this:

A) "How much is in the bank today?"

with an immediate follow-up from another person asking:

B) "Approximately how much do you forecast will be left in the bank by New Year's Eve?"

Stockbridge should be well prepared and be able to answer those two questions, although is it possible that stock market rules could be a convenient excuse for not answering anything so specific?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brian Stockbridge now believes that his previous bonus should NEVER have been based on "on the pitch" performance, so much so he will change his structure going forward, why didn't he offer to refund it back to the club

We look like we can get to the top league again but might struggle to buy a number of quality players to compete there. Does the board think we will need another share issue then?

IMO a share issue is an absolute certainty. I think this was ALWAYS going to be the case.

IMO a share issue is an absolute certainty. I think this was ALWAYS going to be the case.

I think you are probably right, who will invest this time? The city might be more wary this time, will fans want to invest again? Will Macoll or King put their money where their mouth is?

I think you are probably right, who will invest this time? The city might be more wary this time, will fans want to invest again? Will Macoll or King put their money where their mouth is?

time will tell on all of that.

i always expected another one before we got to the top flight.

At this rate it could be more than another one though and there could be problems raising significant amounts of investment because we no longer have a highly respected NOMAD & broker like Cenkos. Instead we've got a Daniel Stewart which sounds like a 2 bit back street dealer in comparison to Cenkos (going by the leaked Malcolm Murray emails). It's also our 3rd NOMAD & 3rd Broker in just over 10 months at the moment which looks bad to investors.

Why are we paying Premiership wages to Directors and our Manager when we are a 1st Division club?

Have we asked our Institutional Investors or individuals if they are willing to increase their investments?

Why have we not looked into a club membership scheme to generate extra income?

What other investments does the club have? Do we have a separate financial portfolio? If not why not?

Is there any way we can opt out of the TV deal that gives us hee haw?

Why are we paying Premiership wages to Directors and our Manager when we are a 1st Division club?

Have we asked our Institutional Investors or individuals if they are willing to increase their investments?

Why have we not looked into a club membership scheme to generate extra income?

What other investments does the club have? Do we have a separate financial portfolio? If not why not?

Is there any way we can opt out of the TV deal that gives us hee haw?

I think Stockbridge more or less answered the first one but good valid questions. I would add - Can you confirm the board have no plans to sell and lease back Ibrox and Auchenhowie for future revenue..

My question would be to explain the short,medium and long term strategies for making and keeping Rangers top of the food chain in Scotland and also competitive when back in European football.I would ask how the vision will be achieved and what steps would be taken to grow the business side of Rangers.

Some utterly obsessed accountant prick is on Clyde now talking about our 'horrific' accounts.

"This new club who has only been trading for a year..."

What a pathetic bastard. They play Barca and all they care about is the Rangers. They are absolute filth.

They are in the newspaper every single day of the week obsessing over Rangers. Sad pathetic creepy tarrier bastards.

zybwk3.jpg

Some Questions to start with:

When will the club open the cafe sports bar in Edmiston House?

When will the club proceed with the museum in Copland House?

When will the club contact Mike Ashley to get him to promote Rangers merchandise properly in his stores?

Can the executive directors confirm that they no longer have bonuses in their contracts?

Can the non-executive directors explain how they can justify any salary from the club when out-of-pocket expenses and the honour of the position should suffice for any real Rangers man?

Are the directors aware of the identity of Charlotte Fakes and if so, will they name him?

Is the board doing anything to reduce the salaries of the management trio in consideration of the club's position in the 3rd tier of Scottish football?

What is the board doing to promote our club in overseas markets?

Would it not be beneficial to actually have the club name on the shirt to help promote our brand abroad?

When will the club introduce a supporters Membership Scheme to give EVERY fan a voice and not just those in in the RSA, RST, etc.?

Will the board appoint someone to fight the anti-Rangers agenda and actually stand up for us? In this regard can the board respect the fans' wishes and remove Media House?

Can we see some proactive work from the club's security officer to try to ensure our supporters do not get the club into bother with certain song words and smoke bombs?

Why did yous (the board) take huge bonuses for Rangers winning the 3rd division? A year after the club was in admin and the old company is currently in liquidation?

What is your 5 year plan where is the money coming from?

Are the board planning on taking wage cuts?

What is happening with edmiston house? We have bought this and it is sitting empty because of asbestos. This will only cost us more money to get it renovated etc...

Why could Brian Stock bridge not answer a fans question about the IPO funds but a day later runs to one of the papers and tells them there was nothing left of it? Why couldn't he tell the fans that night after all he is the FD is he not?

Just a few questions but i'm sure most people at the meeting will be asking similar questions.

Some Questions to start with:

When will the club open the cafe sports bar in Edmiston House?

When will the club proceed with the museum in Copland House?

When will the club contact Mike Ashley to get him to promote Rangers merchandise properly in his stores?

Can the executive directors confirm that they no longer have bonuses in their contracts?

Can the non-executive directors explain how they can justify any salary from the club when out-of-pocket expenses and the honour of the position should suffice for any real Rangers man?

Are the directors aware of the identity of Charlotte Fakes and if so, will they name him?

Is the board doing anything to reduce the salaries of the management trio in consideration of the club's position in the 3rd tier of Scottish football?

What is the board doing to promote our club in overseas markets?

Would it not be beneficial to actually have the club name on the shirt to help promote our brand abroad?

When will the club introduce a supporters Membership Scheme to give EVERY fan a voice and not just those in in the RSA, RST, etc.?

Will the board appoint someone to fight the anti-Rangers agenda and actually stand up for us? In this regard can the board respect the fans' wishes and remove Media House?

Can we see some proactive work from the club's security officer to try to ensure our supporters do not get the club into bother with certain song words and smoke bombs?

If anybody is going, here's a fairly decent list of excellent questions. (tu)

Extra income will come from increased sponsorship, commercial deals, broadcasting rights and advertisement as we rise back to the top and eventually Europe. In all of these instances we made less than £2.6million this last year due to our current position in the third tier.

I don't understand why this was the case

We still attracted tens of thousands of fans and were on TV what seemed like every other week

Surely sponsors would have had a wider audience than any normal SPL club