How much?

five stars

How much wages/bonuses should we be paying to our CEO, financial manager and football manager considering the league we are in and our current finances?

I think most posters agree the 900k, 400k and 720k payed last season was excessive.

Lets not make it personnel about whether you like those presently in position, just in general what salaries should we be paying.

I was thinking around 250k, 150k, 250k with maybe a moderate bonus related to their own performance is about right for where we are.

I have not a clue about how much people should be paid but It seems there are a fair few who are receiving a far to generous amount.I have no issue if somebody adds a high amount of value in terms of performance,conduct and ability then they deserve a good wage.No fair minded person will begrudge somebody who works hard and earns their wages.

The league we are in has little bearing on salaries at the top of the club. This is, regardless of where we are football wise a huge club and huge job with all the same issues prior board members have had to deal with and a little more. I don't grudge them a good wage though the bonuses was a little excessive. They have said that their salaries/bonuses have been reviewed downward so... Also at the rates you're talking about you wouldn't be able to attract the kind of people we need at the top

NONE of the club staff should get any significant pay bonuses until we return to the top flight and are in good financial health.

The current CEO and FD salaries (before any ridiculous bonuses they've taken) are probably about right for our Club at the moment, but the people we currently have in those positions aren't anywhere near a high enough standard to be taking those salaries home from our club.

The manager's salary is a more difficult subject. Before this recent pay cut he's meant to have accepted, Ally's salary might have been high and seem ridiculous for a team in the 3rd tier, but it was already the lowest salary for a Rangers manager in how long? The last 15 years?

We don't know what Ally's new salary is, do we? Hard to say what the manager should be on until we return to the top flight, but it should definitely be a LOT lower than it was from his previous contract before administration, then it should get re-evaluated after a season or two in the top flight.

I'm all for a lower basic salary. No bonus for winning the division until we are in the top division. Rising salary in stages on the way up. The boards success will be measured financially. We are watching. They have done average so far under trying circumstances IMO. They need experience on board. The names put forwards as directors for the AGM disappoint me. Politics aside.....how do they enhance Rangers? I just feel that the money spent on my season ticket will be diluted by paying a salary for a few wannabes and burnt out old men. Were is the CV? Where is the business plan from those wanting to take over our Club? Strategy? Targets? None. Zero.... fuck all. I will stick with the board for now.

How much wages/bonuses should we be paying to our CEO, financial manager and football manager considering the league we are in and our current finances?

I think most posters agree the 900k, 400k and 720k payed last season was excessive.

Lets not make it personnel about whether you like those presently in position, just in general what salaries should we be paying.

I was thinking around 250k, 150k, 250k with maybe a moderate bonus related to their own performance is about right for where we are.

The new CEO is on £300k per annum. Green only picked up what was agreed in his contract, why do people ignore that fact? I'm not agreeing that it was morally correct, merely that his contract details were in the public domain for almost a year. Same with Stockbridge.

Stockbridge gets £200k per annum and possibly no bonus from now on.

It hasn't been made totally clear if Mather and Stockbridge have any possible bonus agreed going forward.

Ally's salary is a disgracefully high £750k per annum. McDowall and Durrant were rumoured to be on half that.

Totally AGAINST BONUSES for playing and non-playing staff alike. Bonuses should only kick-in when we are back in the top division. Anything else is just nonsense.

Everyone at Ibrox is on a decent salary and I do not see bonuses pre-top flight being appropriate. NO BONUSES - SIMPLE!!

The new CEO is on £300k per annum. Green only picked up what was agreed in his contract, why do people ignore that fact? I'm not agreeing that it was morally correct, merely that his contract details were in the public domain for almost a year. Same with Stockbridge.

Stockbridge gets £200k per annum and possibly no bonus from now on.

It hasn't been made totally clear if Mather and Stockbridge have any possible bonus agreed going forward.

Ally's salary is a disgracefully high £750k per annum. McDowall and Durrant were rumoured to be on half that.

I would say 300k for CEO and 200k for FD is fine. I also have no problems if they get a (sensible) bonus relevant to their field of expertise i.e. reducing costs and increasing revenue. Ally on the other hand - two points on this. 1) We are where we are, someone gave Ally that contract and therefore Ally is not to blame. We can look at the morals of Ally taking that salary, however this is business and facts are facts. 2) Moving forward and in general terms, the salary of the Rangers manager should be reduced - the salary should not be determined by the occupant but the amount fitting of the position. Any Rangers managers salary will fit within the budget allocated for the position. Subsequently, and specifically as Ally is currently in the position - his salary should be reduced as per point above. As for the position currently held by McDowall and Durrant - I fail to understand why any one of these positions would command anywhere above 100k per annum. Again the salaries of these positions should be pre-determined and the occupant fits the structure.

The league we are in has little bearing on salaries at the top of the club. This is, regardless of where we are football wise a huge club and huge job with all the same issues prior board members have had to deal with and a little more. I don't grudge them a good wage though the bonuses was a little excessive. They have said that their salaries/bonuses have been reviewed downward so... Also at the rates you're talking about you wouldn't be able to attract the kind of people we need at the top

Maybe the league we are in is not important when deciding salaries but our income certainly has to be which is currently about half of what it was in the SPL.

There are plenty of managers out there who would of jumped at the chance to manahe us for 250k and of been more than capable of getting us back up the divisions.

Someone posted celics figures recently and their financial manager got 200k last year when obviously their income is more.