The Lucifer Effect

D'Artagnan

I doff my cap once again Sir.

The only issue I have is that only Rangers fans and obsessed haters are likely to read this fine piece, there must be a way to get this kind of message out to the mainstream.

A quite brilliantly researched and eloquently penned piece yet again D'Artagnan.

In my view, it is unfortunate that other "influential" (in their own view) bloggers do work as you do; i.e. for the good of the club and it's support.

It is far better in their eyes to divide the support and be controversial, thus forwarding their own selfish aims - to the detriment of club.

If an article such as this does not give them clarity of thought, then we do not need outside enemies to destroy our club and our culture - the enemy within will do that job for them.

Keep fighting the good fight my friend, and never surrender.

WATP

Hear, hear D'Art, great article.

Although the constant stream of hate coming from the instigators offended by our continued existance, many may feel its seems uninfluenceable (and can be forgiven for thinking this way). However as you have in the past and continue to show that by hlighting these continued instances of prejudice towards Rangers as a continuous institution as well as the support, tides can be turned on all fronts and begin to influence the so called uninfluenceble.

Lets hope that when all the current investigations are finalised they get their just desserts in a court of law.

A fine article that voices the sentiment felt by myself and many other fans. It may well take a good few years, but I for one am of the opinion that the real guilty parties in what has gone on will be brought to book for their actions. I would go so far as to say that the tide is turning, recent events have brought about some interesting prompts to their masters from their active cell within the media, just look at yesterdays articles regarding the possible return to the club by Dave King. They know they only have so much more time to complete the master plan to give Scottish football a green identity and their plan is starting to look a bit fragile, nil points a real Eurovision result.

Good points in the article and is raises some hypotheticals. Independence would dramatically effect the dynamic of the country, if this happened would Scotland become more bias as the checking power of Westminster would not be there or larger institutions that can deal with the Scottish component (BBC). The logical endpoint of this scenario playing out would be an escalation of negative feeling towards the “others” and for prejudice to become normalised with in the communities and resulting civil unrest.

This is why I hope independence fails as I believe the attacks on Rangers were an opportunistic attack on the most visible and visceral expression of unionist ideas to discredit the union in Scotland; as in guilty by association, Rangers bad means Unionism bad. If Scotland separates from the UK and the bias against Rangers leaning people continues then it will end very badly and the troubles of Ulster could pale in to insignificance compared to what may result in Glasgow and this could easily fracture down religious lines as well.

I sincerely hope this scenario never happens but I am worried as some fools are playing around with emotional and cultural explosives and appear to not be that bothered that truth, fairness and justice are not being put forward as the standard that all are expected to adhere to. Instead we have the press of this land printing untruths and speculation as facts. They are preparing the ground for a small and insignificant incident to become the blue touch paper of something far more explosive as years of hate have a catalytic out pouring.

Good points in the article and is raises some hypotheticals. Independence would dramatically effect the dynamic of the country, if this happened would Scotland become more bias as the checking power of Westminster would not be there or larger institutions that can deal with the Scottish component (BBC). The logical endpoint of this scenario playing out would be an escalation of negative feeling towards the “others” and for prejudice to become normalised with in the communities and resulting civil unrest.

This is why I hope independence fails as I believe the attacks on Rangers were an opportunistic attack on the most visible and visceral expression of unionist ideas to discredit the union in Scotland; as in guilty by association, Rangers bad means Unionism bad. If Scotland separates from the UK and the bias against Rangers leaning people continues then it will end very badly and the troubles of Ulster could pale in to insignificance compared to what may result in Glasgow and this could easily fracture down religious lines as well.

I sincerely hope this scenario never happens but I am worried as some fools are playing around with emotional and cultural explosives and appear to not be that bothered that truth, fairness and justice are not being put forward as the standard that all are expected to adhere to. Instead we have the press of this land printing untruths and speculation as facts. They are preparing the ground for a small and insignificant incident to become the blue touch paper of something far more explosive as years of hate have a catalytic out pouring.

It is my opinion ZZ that we have already reached the stage when that prejudice has become normalised. Funnily enough I intended to conclude the article with such an assertion but at 2500+ words I felt it time to draw a close.

As usual D.Art great piece we are fighting against the wind even judicial finds which we win are being overturned by the preduduce of the SFA.What next,Dave King unfit to take office.Keep on our side Rangers need you.

Your post count reads like a call for the Emergency Services CM - just one off your first thousand !

I doff my cap once again Sir.

The only issue I have is that only Rangers fans and obsessed haters are likely to read this fine piece, there must be a way to get this kind of message out to the mainstream.

It needs a complete culture change B - not a few well aimed blogs I'm afraid. Though TRS are certainly starting to make inroads.

It's a very intelligent and well argued piece, but esssentially I think it misses the main point- Rangers aren't hated because they are unethical. Those who hate would hate even if Rangers started every game giving a £1m checque to Famine Relief or whatever. No-one demonises Hamilton Academicals or Lincoln City for obvious reasons. The Man U's, Bayerns, Rangers of this world get hated because they're successful, and peope hate them for it.

Sorry, that's a lot more shallow than the piece here but that's my gut instinct.