Funniest football chant or song you've heard

The Widow's Son

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not particularly funny on paper but I remember on Beattie's debut against Killie, he got the ball in the box and managed to touch it with his knee, shin and toe before it rolled out of play, to groans all round. A lad behind me in the Copland paused for a moment and then started singing "King Beattie's on the ball" by himself. The comic timing was brilliant.

Very young when I heard this one at a Celtic v Rangers match. Manky mob had a banner saying King Kenny Superstar. Chant went up "Kenny Dalglish, Superstar, walks like a women and he wears a bra" to the tune of Jesus Christ Superstar. :)

The "Blame it on Traore" (to the tune of "blame it on the boogie") song sung by Liverpool after he scored a ridiculous own goal by trying to back heel a ball away from the line and it somehow came off him about 3 times before rolling over the line ~ "he just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet!"

Iirc that knocked them out a cup.

Very young when I heard this one at a Celtic v Rangers match. Manky mob had a banner saying King Kenny Superstar. Chant went up "Kenny Dalglish, Superstar, walks like a women and he wears a bra" to the tune of Jesus Christ Superstar. :)

remember the original to that it was a Scotland chant to Bobby Moore. Bobby Moore superstar your wearing frilly knickers and your wife's old bra.

A week or two after Delia Smiths embarrassing "Let's be 'avin you !" at Norwich, Chelsea visited and their fans started singing "We've got Abrahmovitch, you've got a drunken bitch!". Brilliantly the Norwich fans came back straight away with "We've got a super cook, you've got a Russian crook !"

The best song I heard was at the old Sellick Park when they had the worlds biggest urinal namely the jungle.

A bird fae ra Sellick end must have got crushed or hurt or something just as the game started. She got walked round the trackside past the Rangers end with a couple of ambulance staff. It became apparent that she wasn't the best looking bird in the world ( no surprise there! ) in fact from where I was standing she was rougher than Tarzan's feet! Any way next thing a group of lads in front of me start to sing -

KEEP YOUR TITS IN FOR THE LADS! F......n brilliant!

Our Jorge cadette song was tremendous.

probably the 2 from opposition fans thst made me chuckle was the St. Mirren fans singing your just a fat Eddie Murphy to Darcheville.

Also remember at Brockville the Falkirk fans singing "Theres onky 1 effin Falkirk, 1 effin Falkirk"