Little story from last night

pcbear

Me and my mate went round to the pub last night (tiny boozer in Kent, its the first time in about a year we have been in this one) there is a guy in there who is a huge Tottenham fan, home/away/ season ticket holder/fanzine editor,club tattoos etc, on the odd time we bump into him there is always a good bit of football banter and he was really keen in getting to see Rangers at Ibrox, he came over for a chat last night, "I've been" he said, he went to the last game of the season at Ibrox with a Scots lad he knows, done the WRC, The Louden before and after the game and a few others around, spent Friday and Saturday night in Glasgow and in his own words he was "blown away by the whole experience, I've seen Tottenham at the San Siro, Wembley, Old Trafford everywhere, followed England all over, but ive never been involved in anything like that" he was gushing in the praise for everything,the stadium the fans and the welcome he received from everyone he encountered " I got in the pub at 11 and by half past it was a mental, full on sing song" The good thing about it is its not a one off he is going to the Airdrie game next month, I was genuinely humbled by the full on appreciation of our club from a hardened seasoned football nut. Cheers Steve you made my night, a small feel good story amongst all the shit that's lobbed our way.

Always great meeting other fans who can identify how great everything to do with our club is. Similarly I met a Spurs fan in Glasgow the night of the Valencia draw and he left loving us. As did the Bursaspor fans I encountered the season before.

It's the same wherever you go. I'm just back from a Holiday in Tunisia and everyone, and I mean everyone of English football supporters I met said the same about Rangers,they all want us back at the top. When I told them the true picture of the hatred of SFA, SPFL, mhedia et al, this made them more determined in their backing of us.

It was great to see lots of Rangers tops at Enfidha airport, where other English supporters wished us well.

We truly are a World brand, except in the wee secular Country that is Scotland.

Great story (tu) the fact is by real football people we are respected and admired its only the wee bhitter bhigots in Scotland who peddle the everybody hates Rangers crap, the simple fact is once you are out of the hate breeding pools of Scotland people know us for our trophy haul and for our fanatical and dedicated support :rangers:

Great story bud, nice to have recognition from other fans for a change instead of the bitter wee fhuds telling everycunt and their dug how we are Scotlands shame etc, had a few mates from England up for old firms thankfully we won them all, it made the experience all the sweeter they've never seen anything like it in their lives they've been everywhere domestically and in Europe with their respective clubs and said nothing compares to an old firm and how welcome they were made by fellow rangers fans.

Went to Amsterdam for a mates stag weekend during the advocaat era and me and my mates

All bears joined up with a 40 strong group of man

City fans we met who were also on a stag weekend. and we were sitting outside the grasshopper bar giving it god save the queen,

Rule Britannia,dam busters while we flew a massive union flag with man city and rangers crest on it.turned into some party.

I'm a fan of Spurs, and enjoyed reading this. You can go all over Europe and other parts of the world and they know about Rangers. I read a story that when Bernhard Langer was playing at Haggs Castle one year he wanted to see where Rangers play, and loved having a look around the place. We have a great club that so many people admire. The OP reminds me of Dado Prso: played in other places, but caught the idea that one day he would like to play for Rangers whilst playing for Monaco.

Was in Mauritius on holiday last month. Was visiting one of the main tourist sites and one one of the locals had an old Rangers top on. Went to speak to him - he was aware of what had happened but supporting us through all of this. Mauritius is a football-daft country - mainly ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool fans - so it was great to see a Rangers fan out there (saw no-one wearing any other Scottish club tops either).

Local paper shop i go into for the last few years in the North East of England gets a few Daily Rhetard's for the local Timigrants, I never took to the owner much until recently when out the blue he says to me "What do you think of that Scum complaining about the Armed forces day at Ibrox" I told him i was there that day and the Armed Forces contingent were a credit to our country. Turns out he hates them now as his Nephew is in Afghanistan and he been told by him about the Rangers support for the Troops. We are the best of mates now.

Just back from the Canaries where a Man City fan saw my Rangers top and approached me.

Apparently both his sons are in the Forces (1 in Afghanistan). He spoke very highly about the club and said that they plan to visit Ibrox at the first opportunity.

Very humbling to see that the real heroes appreciate the support from our club and fans.

There's a great old guy,in his 80's,lives in my village.

He has followed Sheff Wed all his days.

He told me,after we played them,that 2 of his mates(of a similar age)had contacted him to say that our support is the best they have ever seen.

Think about it..........around 70 years of watching away supporters coming to their place(and remember,a lot of that time Wednesday were near the top of English football)and WE are the best they have ever seen.............WATP(fact!!).