Anderson and Pressley

papaguy51

First off, let me say I agree that we need a decent centre back who can head a ball. I understand that is a need right now.

However, it does really piss me off that people keep mentioning these two players. I don't think any of them are good enough, nowhere near it.

Both are big lumpers who can't play an ounce of football, and I think that's something we need to make this team work.

No point in signing two big Scottish defenders just because they can head the ball. we've seen smaller fast players take the piss out of them time and time again.

Anderson, Whittaker, Thompson, Brown and Naismith; classic examples of embarrassingly overated players, overated because our current players are so gash.

As for Pressley, mediocre defender but great leader.

I think that a big lump of a CB is exactly what we need. A partnership of a footballing CB and a row z CB would be the right way to go.

Svensson for all his problems so far is proving to be a good reader and tackler he just needs someone to win high balls alongside him.

I would take Anderson just now no probs. Everyone seems to think that players from smaller Scottish clubs can't make the grade, but that is exactly where we got a lot of our previous players. Ian Ferguson, Alan McClaren, Andy Goram to name but a few.

We can't let septic get their grubby little hands on all the Scottish Champions League cash 2 years in a row, so we need a quick fix and we need it now. I don't want to be manacled to third place in the SPL in April still waiting for the foreigners to adapt and stop leaking goals.