Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Just pre-ordered Arkham Knight for £40

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warner-Bros-Batman-Arkham-Knight/dp/B00IS6S7SU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam?ie=UTF8&qid=1434545718&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+arkham+knight

If I've got this at 40 quid and the price rises before release will I still be paying 40 or what?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warner-Bros-Batman-Arkham-Knight/dp/B00IS6S7SU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam?ie=UTF8&qid=1434545718&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+arkham+knight

If I've got this at 40 quid and the price rises before release will I still be paying 40 or what?

You shouldnt be charged more than £40

Are you a wizard?

Not quite, Tesco had a 2 pre-orders for £80 deal on.. however there was a £10 off a £75 spend voucher which brought it down to £70, then staff discount and £4.50 clubcard voucher brought it down to £58.50.

So got the Witcher 3 and Batman(steelbook) for under £30 each!

You'll pay the lowest price.(from the moment you pre-ordered)

i.e. if it was £40 when you pre-ordered, and this week it drops to £35 before going back up to £40.. you'd pay £35. Likewise if you pre-ordered at £40 and it went up to £45, you'd still only pay £40.

You shouldnt be charged more than £40

Not quite, Tesco had a 2 pre-orders for £80 deal on.. however there was a £10 off a £75 spend voucher which brought it down to £70, then staff discount and £4.50 clubcard voucher brought it down to £58.50.

So got the Witcher 3 and Batman(steelbook) for under £30 each!

You'll pay the lowest price.(from the moment you pre-ordered)

i.e. if it was £40 when you pre-ordered, and this week it drops to £35 before going back up to £40.. you'd pay £35. Likewise if you pre-ordered at £40 and it went up to £45, you'd still only pay £40.

Cheers (tu)

40 quid's a bit of a steal was expecting it to be nearer 50.

Might get the season pass for this when/if it drops in price as the Scarecrow and Batgirl missions look minted. Bought the SP for SOM and regretted it so I'll wait to see what the review scores are like for them.

Hopefully the Harley Quinn DLC is good,got that for pre-ordering with Amazon along with another skin for the Batmobile.

Walmart%20Harley+Prototype%20Batmobile%2

The 2 things that seems to be letting it down.

- Average storyline

- Batmobile sections are regularly forced upon you and often feel out of place.

Scoring well on pretty much everything else though.. just glad to hear that performance is great and it's not broken like pretty much every other AAA release.

Was going to buy this and get the witcher next month pre owned but wondering if I should get the former first.

If i was you i'd get Batman.. I personally prefer the Witcher but the former seems more your kind of game.

That and Batman is a safe bet because you know what you're getting.. If you liked Arkham City you'll like Arkham Knight! Maybe save the Witcher for when you've got nothing else to play..

The 2 things that seems to be letting it down.

- Average storyline

- Batmobile sections are regularly forced upon you and often feel out of place.

Scoring well on pretty much everything else though.. just glad to hear that performance is great and it's not broken like pretty much every other AAA release.

Fs who wrote the part about the batmobile, it's a game not an artsy film, why do some people have to pick on the weirdest things. I'm sure the story's fine, you're batman, time to beat up some scum.

Simple.

Batmans out Tuesday. I've had it pre ordered on zavvi for ages now.

Why get the witcher when ESO is now out guys?

Perhaps because the Witcher 3 is one of the greatest RPG's ever released... Whilst ESO is about as generic as it gets - It's neither a good MMO nor a good Elder Scrolls game. It's only real redeeming quality is the soundtrack.