Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

42 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

just ordered a ps4 with battlefront, BLOPS3 and killzone; £288.

I really like FPS games, what would everyone recommend i should go and buy. Not really into GTA style things that you need to devote time too, more just the multiplayer online games

24 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Have you pre-ordered it mate or are you going with that G-force again or whatever its called?

Nah mate I never pre order games.not sure what to do.got that far cry primal for trade in,so I'll see who gives me the best trade in value for it.

Gforce in Glasgow will be selling dark souls 3 on Saturday,if anyone fancies getting it early.was talking to the guy today,48 quid,but I'll get it half price as I'll be trading in far cry primal toward to it.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Dark Souls 3 just dropped through the letterbox there,ShopTo never fail :D

Nice one mate,picked mine up out of gforce the day,can't wait to get stuck into it later on,once the wean goes to bed.he rules the ps4 during the day :(

Just now, watty. said:

Nice one mate,picked mine up out of gforce the day,can't wait to get stuck into it later on,once the wean goes to bed.he rules the ps4 during the day :(

:lol: I've only played around half an hour of it so far,rough as fuck and spewing etc

Not the best way to start off with this.

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol: I've only played around half an hour of it so far,rough as fuck and spewing etc

Not the best way to start off with this.

Same mate,still rough from that wedding last night.going to go for a kip when the Mrs takes the wean over to her sisters for a few hours after the national,then it's game on.nervous and excited to play it,after what I went through with bloodborne,but I'm slightly more confident now I know how these games work.

how is it so far anyway mate ?

23 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Smooth as silk mate,visually it's definitely the best Souls game.

I loved the fast paced nature of Bloodborne and you do get the feeling that this is a tiny bit similar,the music is first class as always.

well bloodborne was my first souls game,so if it's like that I'll be happy.didn't like the look of the original dark souls combat,too slow and clunky.aye some of the music in bloodborne had my hairs standing up,especially during the boss fights.looking forward to hearing the new soundtrack.

what class did you start with ? I'm going with knight mate.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Warrior I think it was,I'm just gonna level up Vigor,Endurance and Strength. Hopefully there's more massive swords in this to flatten cunts with :lol: 

:lol: aye I read that there's a lot more weapons than bloodborne this time.alao that you have to be careful what armour you wear,as it can slow you down,leading to a fat roll ??

1 minute ago, watty. said:

:lol: aye I read that there's a lot more weapons than bloodborne this time.alao that you have to be careful what armour you wear,as it can slow you down,leading to a fat roll ??

Aye you need to watch your equip load,the faster your roll the more invincibility frames you'll have.

31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Warrior I think it was,I'm just gonna level up Vigor,Endurance and Strength. Hopefully there's more massive swords in this to flatten cunts with :lol: 

:lol: aye I read that there's a lot more weapons than bloodborne this time.alao that you have to be careful what armour you wear,as it can slow you down,leas

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye you need to watch your equip load,the faster your roll the more invincibility frames you'll have.

Ah right,cheers mate.you think we'll be able to summon other players for help at the moment,with the game not being officially released here till Tuesday ?

Just now, watty. said:

Ah right,cheers mate.you think we'll be able to summon other players for help at the moment,with the game not being officially released here till Tuesday ?

In the options menu you can select cross region play on or off,there'll be a fair few amount of people who already have it I'd imagine.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

When's DOOM actually released?

May 13th.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I watched some cunt the other day streaming Dark Souls and it looks like it would absolutely infuriate me.

When you die does it bring you back to a checkpoint miles back?

Not miles away really,in every area there's always a shortcut that allows you to get back to the bonfire rather easily.

These games are completely rage inducing and frustrating for newcomers,but if you stick with it you'll get better and realize you've not played a game like it before.