Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Spiderman is fucking outstanding, fighting looks amazing and accurately replicates spidermans style of fighting and the patter from him

Takes a while to get used to though, swinging etc

Heard @G.E.C. can help you get the hang of that

PS4 is annoying me just now, in particular the DS4 controller. I've had it almost 2 years using the same controller which came with the console but the controller keeps intermittently fucking up. It doesn't completely disconnect. It just goes in to a state every 5 minutes or so where button presses don't register and analogue sticks either do the same or stick on for second. Hard resets and re-pairing haven't helped.

Googling the problem gives no quick fix which had worked so currently making my way through the possible solutions.

I've never had this problem before. Only started two days ago. Things that have changed recently are that I've changed my network connection from wired (using the ethernet cable local to the PS4 for something else) to WiFi. Apparently this can cause controller connectivity problems but I had the same setup for months without issue when I first bought the PS4. I've just bought God of War (which is fucking excellent BTW). This is the first game it has happened with and I haven't tried another game since. Not convinced this is the issue either though.

The only other thing I can think of that is different is that God of War is installed on an external hard drive which a lot of users are reporting has caused controller disconnection for them bizarrely. I've always installed games I'm currently playing to the internal storage and used the external for games I've finished but might possibly get back to for a variety of reasons. This is the first game I've exclusively played directly from external hard drive. I'm currently transferring the game to the internal storage to see if this makes a difference.

Anyone had issues like this with the DS4 controller? 

All sorted now. I can't narrow it down what exactly fixed it as I've done several things. If it helps anyone else here's a list of things I've done.

1. Changed network connection to hard wired ethernet again.

2. Moved God Of War to internal storage.

3. Put PS4 in to safe mode and rebuilt database (much simpler than it sounds).

4. Wrapped it in tinfoil, cling film, put it in the freezer then microwave and rubbed grated cheese on it.

Either one or a combination of those things fixed the problem for me. Been fine for a couple of hours now whereas before it wouldn't last 5 minutes without fucking up.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

All sorted now. I can't narrow it down what exactly fixed it as I've done several things. If it helps anyone else here's a list of things I've done.

1. Changed network connection to hard wired ethernet again.

2. Moved God Of War to internal storage.

3. Put PS4 in to safe mode and rebuilt database (much simpler than it sounds).

4. Wrapped it in tinfoil, cling film, put it in the freezer then microwave and rubbed grated cheese on it.

Either one or a combination of those things fixed the problem for me. Been fine for a couple of hours now whereas before it wouldn't last 5 minutes without fucking up.

Im guessing the storage location 

• 2 weeks later...