Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

21 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Has anyone picked up Outer Worlds yet?

Downloaded it on PC yesterday, off work from Friday til the following Saturday (Death Stranding's getting pumped on the 8th) so planning on playing it then. Had a go of the first half hour and wasn't overly impressed but it felt like it could've gotten better.

If you're planning on getting it on PC I can send you a link... 

On 29/10/2019 at 20:47, ScottBF2 said:

Downloaded it on PC yesterday, off work from Friday til the following Saturday (Death Stranding's getting pumped on the 8th) so planning on playing it then. Had a go of the first half hour and wasn't overly impressed but it felt like it could've gotten better.

If you're planning on getting it on PC I can send you a link... 

Don't game on PC I'm afraid man but I appreciate the offer!

On 29/10/2019 at 20:25, SkylineBlue said:

Has anyone picked up Outer Worlds yet?

Aye, been playing it on XBOX game pass for Windows, so as long as I finish it within a month all it will have cost is £1. I enjoyed it at first, basically Fallout in space but it's very repetitive and after listening to the dialogue at first you'll want to start skipping it.

19 hours ago, Spectre said:

Aye, been playing it on XBOX game pass for Windows, so as long as I finish it within a month all it will have cost is £1. I enjoyed it at first, basically Fallout in space but it's very repetitive and after listening to the dialogue at first you'll want to start skipping it.

If it had came out some time between New Vegas and Fallout 4 I'd have played it happily but at this point the whole thing is boring to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Only actually ever played Resident Evil 7 which was just brilliant for the first half of it. Second half fell away a bit for me but still one of the best horror games I've played. One of my favourite genres actually.

Are any of the remastered ones similar? They look more 3rd person shooter than atmospheric horror.

On 03/12/2019 at 18:08, BridgeIsBlue said:

re1.thumb.png.9e940b70436215b6a9069a354bb2585d.png

source.thumb.gif.4a491a820896c17a2b12887ec76a29bd.gif

Fuck yes. 

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

Only actually ever played Resident Evil 7 which was just brilliant for the first half of it. Second half fell away a bit for me but still one of the best horror games I've played. One of my favourite genres actually.

Are any of the remastered ones similar? They look more 3rd person shooter than atmospheric horror.

Get the remastered version of 2 and if it's cheap get the 4, 5 and 6 collection they are worth playing and are usually about a tenner. 

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

RE2 Remake is dynamite. 

Dipping my toes into PC gaming this week.  Going to download a few free play games from steam and try them out.  SO far my list is:  Counter strike.  Dota. Paths of Exile and Team fortress.

Recommendations of other free games to play?

16 hours ago, gogzy said:

Dipping my toes into PC gaming this week.  Going to download a few free play games from steam and try them out.  SO far my list is:  Counter strike.  Dota. Paths of Exile and Team fortress.

Recommendations of other free games to play?

Not free but Fallout New Vegas is a fiver for the top edition and is amazing. 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Just youtubed the gameplay, looks fucking mad 😂 in a good way 

It's a mental game.  I keep spawning in, doing enough work to build myself a wee straw base, then get either eaten by some big bastard dinosaur or murdered and robbed by some prick child.

Frustrating as fuck but it's a steep learning curve,  looks a lot of fun if you can get into a tribe or clan, and have some back up.

It's free on the xbox game pass.  

2 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's really good or at least the console version is if your playing on PC. 

There's a game called Rust coming to console soon which I am really looking forward too. Seen gameplay on PC through some youtube vids and it looks like a lot of fun.

It's like Ark without the dinos

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

There's a game called Rust coming to console soon which I am really looking forward too. Seen gameplay on PC through some youtube vids and it looks like a lot of fun.

It's like Ark without the dinos

Haven't played Rust or seen much about it but Ark is excellent I loved it as did the lesser half. 

On 11/12/2019 at 05:14, gogzy said:

Going to start playing Ark survival for a while.  It looks pretty different.

I tried Ark for a wee bit. I gave up when I started get attacked by something, so I thought I'd run into the sea to escape and it followed me in 😂