Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

2 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

The last of us is superb. Really surprised me how good it was when I first played it.

Aye cracking game with loads of wee iconic moments that stayed in the mind well after the game was finished. We all remember this scene:-

On 04/06/2020 at 16:24, siamthedanger said:

On my second play through of Red Dead Redemption 2, kinda rushed through it the first time but properly appreciating it this time doing all the treasure map challenges etc. What a stunning game it is. 

I’m actually lost as what to play without it. Couldn’t get back into it once the story was over. 

Took my time on it, and really enjoyed it over lockdown. Finished it, then rattled through the Last of Us.

At a genuine loss as how to fill my time now. Tried Batman Arkham games and just fancying about with Crash Bandicoot now. 

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m actually lost as what to play without it. Couldn’t get back into it once the story was over. 

Took my time on it, and really enjoyed it over lockdown. Finished it, then rattled through the Last of Us.

At a genuine loss as how to fill my time now. Tried Batman Arkham games and just fancying about with Crash Bandicoot now. 

Yeah I'm working on the bits to 100% the game in between doing the main story missions. Want to get the majority of it done with Arthur as I prefer his character to John's. 

Last of Us is amazing, looking forward to the 2nd one coming out this month. The Batmans are good, finished Arkham Knight the other week there.

Also started to work my way through the Metro games (2033, Last Light, Exodus). Need to keep busy while in Lockdown haha. 

On 04/06/2020 at 16:24, siamthedanger said:

On my second play through of Red Dead Redemption 2, kinda rushed through it the first time but properly appreciating it this time doing all the treasure map challenges etc. What a stunning game it is. 

I played it through and then immediately played it again once I finished it. Just finished the last mission on my second run through yesterday. Sitting at about 84% completion. Tempted to carry on playing but like @graeme_4 I struggle to stay interested after finishing it.

On one hand I want to try and blitz The Last Of Us again before the new one comes out but I’ve not played it since it came out in 2013 so at the same time I want to take my time and enjoy it.

Also got Resident Evil 2, God Of War and  Injustice 2 all still in the cellophane waiting to play too.

@DBBTB I've played through Last Of Us a few times mate probably one of my favourite games ever. There's also the add on game 'Left Behind' as well. 

Resident Evil 2 remake is stunning. Still need to play the RE3 remake although I've heard mixed reviews about that one.

On 07/06/2020 at 23:15, DBBTB said:

I played it through and then immediately played it again once I finished it. Just finished the last mission on my second run through yesterday. Sitting at about 84% completion. Tempted to carry on playing but like @graeme_4 I struggle to stay interested after finishing it.

On one hand I want to try and blitz The Last Of Us again before the new one comes out but I’ve not played it since it came out in 2013 so at the same time I want to take my time and enjoy it.

Also got Resident Evil 2, God Of War and  Injustice 2 all still in the cellophane waiting to play too.

God of War is incredible...hurry up and get it in your machine! 👍🏼

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Wonder how shite FIFA will be this year.

They are obviously going to release it for both the PS4 and the PS5 similar to what they did when the PS4 came out. I remember that being only slighter better looking and the crowd.

This is the worst one I can remember tbh. 19 was bad but this one is atrocious 

23 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

This is the worst one I can remember tbh. 19 was bad but this one is atrocious 

Didn't even buy it this year, loaned my brothers when he was offshore but couldn't get into it.

The engine needs scrapped, players/crowds have looked the same since the PS4 came out.

Probably wont happen till 22 given the next gen is only coming out in December.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Didn't even buy it this year, loaned my brothers when he was offshore but couldn't get into it.

The engine needs scrapped, players/crowds have looked the same since the PS4 came out.

Probably wont happen till 22 given the next gen is only coming out in December.

Aye a think it will be that fifa 20. 5 then it will go to a proper next gen. 

But the whole games a fucking con 

@The Godfather has there been any talk of any other football game coming from another maker rather than EA and konami?

The markets far too weak imo. Fifa is poor but so far ahead of pro its unreal so we need a proper challenge.

I imagine the issue is EA hold the rights for all the teams bar a couple

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

@The Godfather has there been any talk of any other football game coming from another maker rather than EA and konami?

The markets far too weak imo. Fifa is poor but so far ahead of pro its unreal so we need a proper challenge.

In a few years time it will only be FIFA I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye there was talk of konami ditching pro eitger last season or this 

They're making most of their money through pachinko games nowadays, basically slot machines with video game licences like MGS. 

There were rumours months ago that Sony were looking to acquire Silent Hill, MGS and Castlevania from Konami but they're reluctant to sell. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Not that I have heard mate. Don't think anyone is bothered as EA has the market and Konami are going to go with PES mobile for their main player.

Talks of a new boxing game though which I think will be long over due.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Won't happen unfortunately. It doesn't make much business sense for a publisher to throw a bunch of cash at a product that will likely always play second fiddle to FIFA.  If by some miracle they did manage to topple EA, it would take a long time... Years of development and probably several releases before they could even begin to compete with FIFA's overall package. At that point too much money would have been lost to make it worthwhile. Even before developers sit down to make the game, the cost of entry is astronomical because of the multi-national licensing.. even someone like 2K Sports would struggle. It's all risk with next to no chance of any reward.

EA has the monopoly on football, PES is barely surviving on the scraps that are left over. If people really want to EA to improve... they need to vote with their wallets. Not likely cause even this thread is proof that people will keep buying and playing it whilst moaning about how shit it is.