Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I know people didnt want spoilers but even without reading the actual spoilers, TLOU2 was getting slaughtered when it was leaked a few months ago, surely that set alarm bells ringing for people to maybe check them out

Im glad i did and i stayed away from the shit show that they released 

Downloaded that Metro Exodus through PS Now, the loading times are utter chronic. Deleted. Given up on PS Now as well, played everything I wanted to during lockdown and there's just not enough quality on there to keep it. The Last Of Us stream on it looks like a PS2 game, diabolical.

32 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Downloaded that Metro Exodus through PS Now, the loading times are utter chronic. Deleted. Given up on PS Now as well, played everything I wanted to during lockdown and there's just not enough quality on there to keep it. The Last Of Us stream on it looks like a PS2 game, diabolical.

started it, was like a fallout game but kinda shite and more survival-based, apparently you run out of ammo a lot, so it got patched very near the start with me too tbh.

16 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I don’t really want to know as I haven’t played either of TLOU games yet but I am intrigued just to find out what’s giving it so much hate :lol:

There's a massive shift in one of the main character's personality and their actions seem generally out of character. There's also a big perspective change gameplay and story-wise that people don't really like.

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

There's a massive shift in one of the main character's personality and their actions seem generally out of character. There's also a big perspective change gameplay and story-wise that people don't really like.

See the thing is

I don’t really have a problem with the “change” in Joel’s personality at all. It’s four or five years on from the first game and a lot has happened in that time.

In the first game he was younger,  bitter as fuck about what happened with his daughter and he was doing what he had to do to survive in a world that was literally in bits. His environment basically hardened him as a person and he acted accordingly.

In this one he’s older, he’s got a relationship with Ellie that has filled the void of his dead daughter and he’s been living in a city/town that has a semblance of normality and nowhere near the chaos and dog eat dog that Boston had in the first one. He’s living as close to a normal life as you can in TLOU world and that is likely to cause him to lower his guard, become complacent and probably soften a bit. 

In good stories (I’m not saying this is a good story BTW) characters change, grow and evolve especially when a sequel picks up four or five years after the events of the original so yeah, it doesn’t bother me as much as it seems to be bothering other people.

That won’t be a popular take, but that’s how I feel about him in this game.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

See the thing is

Hide contents

I don’t really have a problem with the “change” in Joel’s personality at all. It’s four or five years on from the first game and a lot has happened in that time.

In the first game he was younger,  bitter as fuck about what happened with his daughter and he was doing what he had to do to survive in a world that was literally in bits. His environment basically hardened him as a person and he acted accordingly.

In this one he’s older, he’s got a relationship with Ellie that has filled the void of his dead daughter and he’s been living in a city/town that has a semblance of normality and nowhere near the chaos and dog eat dog that Boston had in the first one. He’s living as close to a normal life as you can in TLOU world and that is likely to cause him to lower his guard, become complacent and probably soften a bit. 

In good stories (I’m not saying this is a good story BTW) characters change, grow and evolve especially when a sequel picks up four or five years after the events of the original so yeah, it doesn’t bother me as much as it seems to be bothering other people.

That won’t be a popular take, but that’s how I feel about him in this game.

I genuinely think I'm seeing it differently from everyone else because I didn't ever finish the first game. I got into it too late really and by that time the whole game and it's mechanics felt outdated and I struggled with it. I seen videos on how the story concluded so I feel like I've got a good grasp on it.

My take on Ellie is that she wants to feel like she matters - which is what would've happened if Joel intervened. She's got this destructive personality and by the second game's finale she has come to realise that's not who she really is and decided to honour Joel's memory by not being drawn into the same cycle both he and Abby did as it really leads nowhere. 

By killing Abby, for me the suggestion is that it's then Lev's destiny to kill Ellie and it would be rinse and repeat. She see's the parallels and decides it's for the greater good to just move on and be happy with her idealistic lie with Dina. But opinions are subjective and everyone's entitled to hate it if they so choose.

2 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

I genuinely think I'm seeing it differently from everyone else because I didn't ever finish the first game. I got into it too late really and by that time the whole game and it's mechanics felt outdated and I struggled with it. I seen videos on how the story concluded so I feel like I've got a good grasp on it.

Hide contents

My take on Ellie is that she wants to feel like she matters - which is what would've happened if Joel intervened. She's got this destructive personality and by the second game's finale she has come to realise that's not who she really is and decided to honour Joel's memory by not being drawn into the same cycle both he and Abby did as it really leads nowhere. 

By killing Abby, for me the suggestion is that it's then Lev's destiny to kill Ellie and it would be rinse and repeat. She see's the parallels and decides it's for the greater good to just move on and be happy with her idealistic lie with Dina. But opinions are subjective and everyone's entitled to hate it if they so choose.

That’s my take on the ending too.

By the time we get to the fight at the boat then we are at the same place we were at the beginning only now Abby is Joel, Ellie is Abby and Lev is Ellie.

If Ellie kills Abby then Lev will come for Ellie and the circle of violence continues.

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Tuned in to Witcher 3 atm, really good game, so much to do. Spent a good few hours just roaming about checking out loads of random locations for loot. Need to get into the crafting and alchemy more but enjoying it.

Its also a game like no other in terms of how you decisions change entire levels, missions and endings like its crazy game of thrones level shit that can happen in side mission that change the entire cities or islands economy lol

5 hours ago, weejoseph said:

Bought Mad Max for £8 from ps store. Anyone played it through? 

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye. Decent game. Still not got around to finishing it though.

Damn addictive game, good blend of driving and melee fighting, if you want to plat the game though i suggest doing the side shit before finishing as its a nightmare once the story is done cause its boring after that lol

31 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Finished TLOU2 last night.

Whilst I understand some people being annoyed at character motivation/plot lines, I thought it was absolutely excellent.

If that is considered a poor game by some then roll on this absolute golden age of gaming.

Agreed. People need to get a grip.

No spoilers, but the “other” character was completely justified in their actions. People need to stop looking at the situation purely through Joel and Ellie’s eyes.

It wasn’t as good as the first one of course but it was still a fucking excellent game.

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

What will change?

Fifa will become an 18 in the UK?

The pack system won't be changing.

You think it won’t hurt EA in the pocket when there’s big 18+ warnings on games and gambling warnings?