Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's your favourite monster fights so far? 

Recently it’s just been giant-types I’ve came across, as much as I think the combats pretty good I’ve not really thought I’ve been in any type of proper boss fight compared to the souls-like games etc.

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Recently it’s just been giant-types I’ve came across, as much as I think the combats pretty good I’ve not really thought I’ve been in any type of proper boss fight compared to the souls-like games etc.

Aye the combat isn't the greatest tbh, the game comes to life though the higher the difficulty you're playing on, having to use the proper oils, potions and signs in certain situations is the difference between life and death. 

4 hours ago, Iakona said:

Microsoft have just announced they bought over Zenimax(parent company of Bethesda) - ultimate power move.

Basically, this means Bethesda are now a 1st party developer for Microsoft/Xbox. i.e Microsoft own all of these...

• The Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein
  • Dishonored
  • The Evil Within

Given MS already own Obsidian... We could finally see New Vegas 2!?

They have said they will still release some titles on the PS5, but only on a case by case basis. Will Elder Scrolls 6 be one of them? If it does ever go to the PS5, it definitely won't be on day 1!

Regardless, Games Pass just seems to get better by the week. It's insane value.

Game pass value is crazy and since I play on pc as well it just makes sense. 

My mates mostly all use PS but I'll be going xbox again. 

I had one in my basket on the microsoft store but I decided to just hold off and grab it when its available again with all access. I'm in no great rush so I'm fine with waiting. 

Game was a shambles. I was on Smyths site no problem but it just kept saying no xboxes were available for delivery or collection.

Complete shambles today for it in the end managed to get one from Microsoft but I wanted the All Access Deal but what a clusterfuck from Smyths basically now got a Direct Debit agreement with Klarna but checkout process on smyths failed as they ran out of stock madness 

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

@Creampuffdid you get avengers mate? If so what you think? 

Didn’t get it in the end, mate. Feels like a rip off paying for a PS4 game when they’ll inevitably re-release on PS5. 

Plus, my PS4 sounded like it might explode every time I played it :lol: 

Did you get it? 

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Didn’t get it in the end, mate. Feels like a rip off paying for a PS4 game when they’ll inevitably re-release on PS5. 

Plus, my PS4 sounded like it might explode every time I played it :lol: 

Did you get it? 

Aye, you get a free upgrade if you get the ps5 after buying it for the ps4

Its pretty decent, the AI is very good for your teammates, missions are kinda repetitive but as long as you dont batter 5hrs a day worth it doesn't get boring, campaign was good, story was actually well written as well

All the characters have a unique feel to their combat which is really good, still same button bashing at times but in tougher fights you need to remember what your guy does best and what they are shite at lol

Defo looking forward to the dlc next month

If you want your say on loot boxes, the government have opened up a survey.

Direct link to the survey: https://dcms.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebuajScHCCzLoj3

Taken from: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/loot-boxes-in-video-games-call-for-evidence

I personally don't really care about them.. no different to Panini stickers or pokemon cards. However I know alot of people feel strongly about them.. so this is your chance to put your point across. 

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

If you want your say on loot boxes, the government have opened up a survey.

Direct link to the survey: https://dcms.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebuajScHCCzLoj3

Taken from: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/loot-boxes-in-video-games-call-for-evidence

I personally don't really care about them.. no different to Panini stickers or pokemon cards. However I know alot of people feel strongly about them.. so this is your chance to put your point across. 

Do away with lootboxes and microtranactions and we'll soon see games being priced at the 100 quid mark for the basic version

On 21/09/2020 at 18:43, Iakona said:

Microsoft have just announced they bought over Zenimax(parent company of Bethesda) - ultimate power move.

Basically, this means Bethesda are now a 1st party developer for Microsoft/Xbox. i.e Microsoft own all of these...

• The Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein
  • Dishonored
  • The Evil Within

Given MS already own Obsidian... We could finally see New Vegas 2!?

They have said they will still release some titles on the PS5, but only on a case by case basis. Will Elder Scrolls 6 be one of them? If it does ever go to the PS5, it definitely won't be on day 1!

Regardless, Games Pass just seems to get better by the week. It's insane value.

Hopefully any future DOOM, Evil Within & Wolfenstein games will still get a release on the PS, preferably on day 1. 

Just got a BENQ 144Hz monitor for frames/performance since I've been capped @ 60 on the Xbox and with the Series X on the horizon but as you know my PC is a bit of a shiter and I can't connect it to the monitor with HDMI. The monitor does have the big white DVI option that I have successfully connected it to (to my Nvidia 710 GPU) but in Advanced Display settings when I try and up it from 60 to 144Hz it's saying it's the incorrect cable. I know with this PC I shouldn't be expecting a great 140fps+ experience but I'd at least have liked it to switch over to it. I'm guessing I need the right cable or is it just not going to be possible? Will be googling/reddit/youtubing this furiously but thought I'd ask:lol: @Iakona @Jamie0202

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Just got a BENQ 144Hz monitor for frames/performance since I've been capped @ 60 on the Xbox and with the Series X on the horizon but as you know my PC is a bit of a shiter and I can't connect it to the monitor with HDMI. The monitor does have the big white DVI option that I have successfully connected it to (to my Nvidia 710 GPU) but in Advanced Display settings when I try and up it from 60 to 144Hz it's saying it's the incorrect cable. I know with this PC I shouldn't be expecting a great 140fps+ experience but I'd at least have liked it to switch over to it. I'm guessing I need the right cable or is it just not going to be possible? Will be googling/reddit/youtubing this furiously but thought I'd ask:lol: @Iakona @Jamie0202

Are you using a single link DVI cable? Pretty sure that's capped at 60 - You'd need a dual link one.

Easiest way to tell is the number of pins on the cable. 

main-qimg-46511abf5d172e03ff77383be2ddc3

7 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Are you using a single link DVI cable? Pretty sure that's capped at 60 - You'd need a dual link one.

Easiest way to tell is the number of pins on the cable. 

main-qimg-46511abf5d172e03ff77383be2ddc3

Nice one, that explains dual link very easily cheers for that. Will be ordering one ASAP.