Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

so ticked off with bf4, one min i'm dead last next game i'm killing cunts with mix of shotguns and sniper rifels then back to dire again.

Is this the first Basttlefield game you've got into?

Best way to top the boards isn't with kills(unless it a variation of Deathmatch).. play the objective and you'll be consistently at the top or thereabouts. There's so many ways you can earn points in Battlefield.. Spotting(R1/RB), Suppression, Assists, Squad bonuses, Medi Packs, Revives, Vehicle control, Repairs, Staying alive, Attacking the objective, Destroying the objective and more.

In Rush and Conquest sometimes its best not to fire at the enemy, especially when you are near the objective... yes, you might get a kill but you've also just given away your location and you'll most likely be dead in about 10 seconds, thus costing your team an opportunity at attacking the objective. You aren't Rambo so a bit stealth and opportunism will go a long way to helping you get better scores. Also pay attention to your squad.. if they are dead and you're near an objective.. stay alive. They can use you as a mobile spawn point which can quickly put the odds in your favour. It might seem strange if you've came from COD, but at times killing is secondary in this game.

Is this the first Basttlefield game you've got into?

Best way to top the boards isn't with kills(unless it a variation of Deathmatch).. play the objective and you'll be consistently at the top or thereabouts. There's so many ways you can earn points in Battlefield.. Spotting(R1/RB), Suppression, Assists, Squad bonuses, Medi Packs, Revives, Vehicle control, Repairs, Staying alive, Attacking the objective, Destroying the objective and more.

In Rush and Conquest sometimes its best not to fire at the enemy, especially when you are near the objective... yes, you might get a kill but you've also just given away your location and you'll most likely be dead in about 10 seconds, thus costing your team an opportunity at attacking the objective. You aren't Rambo so a bit stealth and opportunism will go a long way to helping you get better scores. Also pay attention to your squad.. if they are dead and you're near an objective.. stay alive. They can use you as a mobile spawn point which can quickly put the odds in your favour. It might seem strange if you've came from COD, but at times killing is secondary in this game.

hell no, 1942 on the pc then the dc patches then bf 2,

I've always had a playstation and wouldn't change to a xbox. Got my PS4 today and (once I get the wee man to bed) I'll be having a go.

I'll probably keep my PS3 connected as I've still not finished GTA.

Got my ps4 with Knack, anyone played it? Is it any good?

Also got COD ghost.

I can't even sign into PSN on PS4, utter baws.

its been up and down since xmas eve, its a right fucking pile of pish

nba2k14 is just all kinds of awesomeness, my career mode is just brilliant, made to carry some black guy's shoes, wear a clown nose and other shit then i refused to do some other shit before i was traded to the spurs

I'm enjoying battlefield 4 when I can get a run at it. The servers are absolutely appalling. Genuinely the worst lag I've ever experienced in all my years of gaming.

It's not the in game lag I experience, when in a mode it runs perfectly. It's when you finish a game then load to another it sometimes sticks and you are left with a black screen for 2 to 5 minutes unless you close the game and reboot.

its been up and down since xmas eve, its a right fucking pile of pish

nba2k14 is just all kinds of awesomeness, my career mode is just brilliant, made to carry some black guy's shoes, wear a clown nose and other shit then i refused to do some other shit before i was traded to the spurs

You not find nba difficult?

You not find nba difficult?

the only thing i find difficult is stealing the ball which results in 95% of the time as a foul thus giving away 2 pointers every few mins or so lol, jump blocking i had problems with at the start but now i'm enjoying it much more, still haven't won a game yet :(

psn should bring out jordan vs bird :)

godfather need to give you a game online sometime

the only thing i find difficult is stealing the ball which results in 95% of the time as a foul thus giving away 2 pointers every few mins or so lol, jump blocking i had problems with at the start but now i'm enjoying it much more, still haven't won a game yet :(

psn should bring out jordan vs bird :)

godfather need to give you a game online sometime

You would smash me mate, the only game I have won was when I messed about with the customized CPU settings to make it a bit easier :lol:

Woke up yesterday to emails from Sony - some bastard logged into my PSN account, funded £30 to my wallet and spent it on FIFA 14 points.

I don't even have FIFA 14 :lol:

Lucky that's all they spent - I've since changed my password and deleted my card details.

They must've logged in as me, bought that then transferred it to another account.

Merry fucking Christmas!