Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Fucking LAWL...

Zavvi put the PS4 mega bundle on their site today for £369(clearly a pricing error as it retails for £469)... Someone posted the deal on HUKD and everyone went batshit crazy. Zavvi as expected cancelled all the orders when they realised what had happened.

Turns out people cancelled their Amazon/shopto pre-orders because of this Zavvi deal... Now they've been left with nothing. Mongs! :lol:

Fucking LAWL...

Zavvi put the PS4 mega bundle on their site today for £369(clearly a pricing error as it retails for £469)... Someone posted the deal on HUKD and everyone went batshit crazy. Zavvi as expected cancelled all the orders when they realised what had happened.

Turns out people cancelled their Amazon/shopto pre-orders because of this Zavvi deal... Now they've been left with nothing. Mongs! :lol:

Bunch of idiots. I am always wary when these things and do not bother as they are often too good to be true

Just telling you what they told me on the phone ;)

Unless they have had major cancellations for the PS4... i cant see how they could of went from no chance of having it at launch to easily being available.

They've now(as of this afternoon) sold out of launch editions.

Anyone who pre-ordered before this afternoon will get theirs on the 29th. Pre-orders from now on are guaranteed before Xmas.

Sounds like the guy on the phone fed you a nice big pile of shit!

I see Amazon.com have started selling digital copies of PS3/PS4/Vita games.

Hopefully this is introduced to the UK at some point.. it would be nice for the official PS Store to have some competition!

It's the problem I've always faced with buying games on demand on the xbox is that they sell it for the RRP. No idea what the PS Store is like but when you see a game come out and it's 50 to digitally download but you can get a disk version online for 35 you just think to yourself what is the point!

It's the problem I've always faced with buying games on demand on the xbox is that they sell it for the RRP. No idea what the PS Store is like but when you see a game come out and it's 50 to digitally download but you can get a disk version online for 35 you just think to yourself what is the point!

At times PSN charge £10 more than on Live and live is already overpriced. Conning bastards...No need for digital games to be £49.99 & £59.99

Is that 323gb without any games installed? Or are games included in Applications?

Apparently games are classed as apps, so i'd assume there's a few games installed. HDD will be 465gb so that means the operating system and pre-installed junk is taking up around 57gb. Wonder if formatting can get rid of the likes of the playroom to free up a bit more space!

Either way since we can't back up our game data to an external HDD, upgrading the internal HDD on day one is a must!

Towards the end of last month Sony started catching some flack for not offering MP3 or CD support on the PS4, a limitation that seemed suspiciously like a plot to get consumers to sign up for Music Unlimited - Sony's answer to Spotify.

This is not the case, according to president of Sony's Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida. On a recent episode of the Giant Bombcast, Yoshida said he was surprised by the backlash as the company didn't feel that MP3 and CD support was a highly valued feature.

"The biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony was there are so many people who passionately reacted to our announcement that there's no MP3 support or CD support on day one. It's not like we actively decided 'let's not do this feature so people will have to subscribe to Music Unlimited,'" he said. "The focus has been more on the game features. Some of the features we wanted but we couldn't get in on day one."

As such, Sony is working to add these features in an update. "We didn't really think about MP3 or CD," he continued. "We thought 'we're going to do that eventually.'... It caught us off-guard. People don't really talk about these features, right? Some people get really mad and [say] 'I'll cancel my pre-order!' So as we speak, people in Japan - the system guys - are discussing when we can put these features in."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-sony-is-working-to-add-mp3-and-cd-support-to-the-ps4

Seems PS4 does not support 3D playback at launch also. Strange decisions...A company like Sony you would expect MP3, CD & 3D playback to be pretty high on the list considering the game they are in.

Hardly strange considering the fact not alot of people have 3D capabililty. Adding it in later is fine.