Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Sony also released the new PlayStation app in the US today.

- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.

- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.

- Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.

- Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.

- Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.

The app also allows users to view and comment on their friends' gameplay videos and pictures, exchange messages between PS4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita game consoles in a similar fashion to iMessage, see friends' status updates, receive notifications of game invitations and the ability to control the PS4 much like Apple's Remote app.

playstationapp.png

KNACK | Metacritic Watch: 59

Picture7_zps26986b27.png

Individual scores:

Game Informer:

Post Arcade:

GamesBeat:

The Globe and Mail:

Destructoid:

Everyeye.it:

Gamer.nl:

Polygon:

IGN:

GamesRadar:

GameTrailers:

InsideGamer.nl:

GameSpot:

Eurogamer:

Joystiq:

Killzone: Shadow Fall | Metacritic Watch: 73

Picture5_zps503195f3.png

Individual scores:

Destructoid:

GameTrailers:

InsideGamer.nl:

Gamereactor Sweden:

PlayStation Official Magazine UK:

GamesRader:

Everyeye.it:

IGN:

Toronto Sun:

Post Arcade:

Joystiq:

GameSpot:

Eurogamer:

GamesBeat:

The Globe and Mail:

Polygon:

Reviews are as expected to be honest. Especially for the "big 2"

Knack was either going to be loved or hated, there's no middle ground and across the board reviews have shown that.

Killzone has never been an amazing game.. I expected it to be your typical launch game, looks pretty but lacks substance. Even then scoring 7+ is by no means awful. We're in the age of modern military shooters and it's releasing a long side the 2 biggest FPS games out there..

Resogun and Flower are kicking ass as expected.

Looking forward to the launch event on Friday, hopefully the proper exclusives will be announced then!

Sony may be getting there first PR disaster. Some consoles shipping with faulty HDMI slots meaning you cant get an output signal so you end up with a PS4 ornament.

Saw that this morning. One poor guy won a pre launch console and can't get it to work. It's looking like he won't get a replacement till after launch.

I'm hoping it's a small glitch that'll get fixed for folks soon.

Meanwhile, IGN experienced the same issue, but it happened after the console was already working. It may not have contributed to the issue, but ours stopped working the morning after we updated to version 1.50. You can find more details in the original post below. Furthermore, IGN had tried a wide variety of methods to correct the issue: new HDMI cables, new inputs, new TV, putting a disc into the system, connecting it to and from the Internet, and, of course, holding down the power button during boot-up for seven seconds to try to reset things. Nothing worked. Oddly enough, we tried adding light pressure to the top of console and it briefly flickered a few active home menu images on the television.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/1...#disqus_thread

Not fucking good!

New TV advert

Knack, DriveClub Assassins Creed, Killzone, FIFA and Watch Dogs obviously stand out.

But there's afew that are quite easy to miss..

- Hadouken cabs yet again! (Ryu driving)

- Heavy Rain statue

- Crash bandicoot silhouette on the street sign

- Parappa the Rapper graffiti

- Drakes antique store (uncharted reference?)

- Cloud from FF coming out of the barbers?

- Horse and carriage from The Order

- Resistance logo on the guys jacket near the start.

Did we find out what it was?

Been keeping an eye on Ebay in the US...Seems the consoles are selling for around £700 so $300 profit. :thumbup::party::thumbup:

Uncharted. :lol: Don't get me wrong i'm happy to see it, but it's hardly the big suprise they made it out to be. Kojima's "big mind blowing announcement" was exclusive content on the PS4 version of MGS5.. What a dick!

Bungie's announcement that PS4 will be the first system to get Destiny's BETA.

I was going to stay up and watch it since I was still awake at 3.. but the pre event literally put me to sleep. Given what ended up being announced i'm glad I didn't stay up til 5am.

Some new trailers though

Infamous

Uncharted (no mention of "4" which makes me think it could be a reboot.)

Destiny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5E7FLDEiwg