Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

european release might be delayed until next year if the problems that the americans are facing maybe wide spread. ign

not looking good at all

Nothing on there website about this, you trolling? :P

Seems like the bricked PS4 don't have the same problem, isn't an isolated one. Just different things with each machine. IGN reporting 0.4% of consoles broken, probably would think its higher than that though.

Ouch.. PS4 is having a bad time on Amazon.com

A lot of 1* ratings.. first 17 or so pages are made up of reviews by verified purchasers.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_link_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending

Ouch.. PS4 is having a bad time on Amazon.com

A lot of 1* ratings.. first 17 or so pages are made up of reviews by verified purchasers.

http://www.amazon.co...yRankDescending

Im so glad I cancelled my order cause I knew this was going to happen with the first day editions

Comments like this shows that the problem isn't as bad as it is. X-Box fanboys polluting the review page. I'm not saying there isn't problems because there are but maybe the extent of them has been exacerbated.

Cracking wee review from someone with the PS4 version..

It's a pleasant surprise to say the least! To be honest I thought that this version of the game was going to be fairly underwhelming based on what I had seen (trailers and the like), but man, this is the definitive version of FIFA. I've enjoyed my time with PES 2014 and FIFA 14 on the PC, but I feel it would be difficult to revisit those games at this point. This is the best football game I've played in years. It's not drastically different than it's current-gen counterpart, but the differences are certainly noticeable and welcome. Everything feels "smoother" (nondescript, I know). Animations, ball physics (which seem to have more varying levels of spin/freedom and a nice blur effect when in motion), player collisions, etc. This is coming from someone who has been playing FIFA 14 on the PC.

The overall pace of the game appears to be a bit slower and players aren't as erratic or herky-jerky with their movements. The AI at times is a lot more human like than in the current-gen version. Some of their movements and decision making were as if I was playing against another person, but they're still prone to some dodgy decision making. I've noticed lot of teams tend to abuse the over-the-top ball which can be quite obnoxious (just like online, eh?). The myriad of new animations really goes a long way. Pinging a ball to the opposite wing has never looked or felt this good. Reminds me a bit of PES 5/6 in that regard. I've found myself pausing the game so I can admire the subtle new animations. Momentum and inertia seemed to be more realistic with players having more weight to them. It's a bit more dynamic and hectic in the box due to multiple players being able to contest headers. This has been a feature in PES for quite some time, but it's nice to see it rear its head in FIFA. Like I said, there's just a lot of new animations that enhance the overall experience.

In terms of presentation, it's the best effort I've seen in a football game. Stadiums and crowds are stunning, the camera angles are more akin to a real-life broadcast than a video game. Sometimes when the ball goes out of playthe camera will zoom in on a player and then cut to a replay showcasing an earlier effort on goal, or a save. It all looks very convincing. You'll see players on the bench after they've been subbed, ball boys chasing the ball and then throwing it to you, teammates kicking the ball to the corner flag. Lots of little details. The crowd models appear to be very diverse in both appearance and animation and look genuinely excited when you score. Scoring a late winner or equalizer at home is quite the experience. Whether you already own FIFA 14 for the current-gen or not, do yourself a favor and pick this up.

Comments like this shows that the problem isn't as bad as it is. X-Box fanboys polluting the review page. I'm not saying there isn't problems because there are but maybe the extent of them has been exacerbated.

I just had a look at the first few pages of reviews all 1 star reviews and the same problems all from verified Amazon purchasers so hardly Xbox fanboys.This is why Im waiting to see how both consoles shape up and the problems get sorted before I'll buy one of them.

Sony have confirmed the PS4 sold over 1 million units in 24 hours.

To put that into perspective..

- It took a week for the WiiU to hit 400,000

- The Xbox 360 sold 326,000 in it's first 2 weeks

- The PS3 sold 197,000 in its first 2 weeks

and they say console gaming is dying lol

(these are North American figures)

Sony have confirmed the PS4 sold over 1 million units in 24 hours.

To put that into perspective..

- It took a week for the WiiU to hit 400,000

- The Xbox 360 sold 326,000 in it's first 2 weeks

- The PS3 sold 197,000 in its first 2 weeks

and they say console gaming is dying lol

(these are North American figures)

Any figures.for the current WiiU UK sales i dont know anyone at all who has or has even played one.

Any figures.for the current WiiU UK sales i dont know anyone at all who has or has even played one.

Figures for the WiiU are pretty hard to find.. all we've really got to go by is their financial reports. It was reported that between April, May and June they only shifted around 10,000 consoles in Europe. In that same period they sold around 160,000 consoles worldwide, most of which was probably in Asia. For the 2nd quarter(july, august, september) the Wii U received a price drop, but even then it still only shifted 300,000 units worldwide.

They were apparently aiming for 9 million sales by the end of March 2014.. As of the last quarter they were sitting at 3.9million.. With the release of the PS4 and the Xbone it could leave them well short of their target.

Good news and bad news...The good...You can get a PS4 right now... the bad... You need to take Knack with it.

With Xbox One launch day stock running dry in the UK, you can still get a PlayStation 4 at Tesco.

You do, however, have to get it in a bundle with PS4 launch platformer Knack.

The UK supermarket giant currently has a PlayStation 4 Knack bundle available for pre-order priced £385.