Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I bet my 22 year old SNES and 16 year old PS1 still work perfectly though!

Shame we can't just blow into a game cartridge and have the console magically fix itself thesedays! :lol:

No chance with the PS1, I went through so many of those fucking things....Had to sit it in all sorts of mad directions to read discs.

Back in the day i never had any bother with the Nes, Megadrive, Snes, Commodore 64 or Amiga...Saturn, Dreamcast & Xbox worked flawless as well.

Argos were useless.

Sony were great.

Explained the problem and the lack of warranty but they were still more than happy to help. Will get it posted off tomorrow and should hopefully have it back in a few weeks.

Sony were the nuts when my PS3 got YLOD outside of warranty and the same day I got made redundant! I had a brand new one in 48 hours delivered to my door and the courier took the old one away. Huge reason I will always stick with them (tu)

Going to swap out far cry and AC black flag at g force today. Will probably go for Battlefield for acbf but can't decide what to get for far cry. Torn between shadow of mordor, alien, evil within and AC unity. Thoughts? Really can't decide...

Going to swap out far cry and AC black flag at g force today. Will probably go for Battlefield for acbf but can't decide what to get for far cry. Torn between shadow of mordor, alien, evil within and AC unity. Thoughts? Really can't decide...

shadow of mordor mate,great combat,graphics and the nemesis system will keep you coming back.story is a bit meh tho.

alien was good,but went on too long.

unity is absolute pony,haven't played evil within.

Just got a ps4 - what's the recommendations for games?

Got GTA V which is amazing and I've got the Last of Us Remastered coming in the post - what others should I pick up first?

I like my action and sports games.

Loved Tomb Raider on the PS3, is it worth getting the PS4 version if I can get it cheap enough?

Just got a ps4 - what's the recommendations for games?

Got GTA V which is amazing and I've got the Last of Us Remastered coming in the post - what others should I pick up first?

I like my action and sports games.

Loved Tomb Raider on the PS3, is it worth getting the PS4 version if I can get it cheap enough?

Sports games - FIFA 15 and WWE2k15

Action - Shadow of Mordor, Watchdogs (cheap now)

Dragon Age seems great if you are into that kind of stuff (I found it pretty pish).

Cheers for the suggestions - think I'll get Shadows of Mordor - the nemesis system sounds great!

Can get Watchdogs for about a tenner on eBay so think I'll pick that up too.

Some of the games in 2015 look absolutely amazing - new Uncharted, Bloodborne, The Order, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Division, Battlefield Hardline - think I'll need to postpone my wedding!

Cheers for the suggestions - think I'll get Shadows of Mordor - the nemesis system sounds great!

Can get Watchdogs for about a tenner on eBay so think I'll pick that up too.

Some of the games in 2015 look absolutely amazing - new Uncharted, Bloodborne, The Order, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Division, Battlefield Hardline - think I'll need to postpone my wedding!

Just cancel it mate, she'll probably cheat on you anyway.

No chance with the PS1, I went through so many of those fucking things....Had to sit it in all sorts of mad directions to read discs.

Back in the day i never had any bother with the Nes, Megadrive, Snes, Commodore 64 or Amiga...Saturn, Dreamcast & Xbox worked flawless as well.

I've still got my PS 1 from 1995 with over 100 games and it still works perfectly fine, never had one bit of bother with it.

First Impressions....

Feels like i bought a PS3 again...Everything seems so similar when you turn the console on and it even shows me PS3 games in the store

Why does my console light up white instead of blue? Looks really cheap do you need to change it in settings?

DS4 much much better than DS3, not as good as Xbone controller, Thumb keeps slipping off the analog stick

PES looks so much better than Xbone version makes it a more enjoyable experience.

Driveclub... physics are so bad, Rain looks amazing but disappointed in it especially with DC fans bombarding the internet how DC is better than Horizon and all the reviews were wrong.

Still to download The Last Of Us...Im sure i'l love that!

First Impressions....

Feels like i bought a PS3 again...Everything seems so similar when you turn the console on and it even shows me PS3 games in the store

Why does my console light up white instead of blue? Looks really cheap do you need to change it in settings?

DS4 much much better than DS3, not as good as Xbone controller, Thumb keeps slipping off the analog stick

PES looks so much better than Xbone version makes it a more enjoyable experience.

Driveclub... physics are so bad, Rain looks amazing but disappointed in it especially with DC fans bombarding the internet how DC is better than Horizon and all the reviews were wrong.

Still to download The Last Of Us...Im sure i'l love that!

There's no way to change it.

Blue = booting up

White = powered up

Orange = standby

Red = hardware problem