Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

My PS3 was really bad but that's cause I played it non stop back then and it was about 4 years old.

I hardly play the PS4 and it's only a year old.

Dunno if I'm being paranoid but most folk say there machines are silent?

I got mine not long ago, it is pretty silent most of the time, unless it's been left on for about 8+ hours then you hear a 'buzzing' noise. Just turn it off for a bit, reboot, and it's back to normal.

Just get rubber replacements from amazon for controllers. Don't rip off the damaged one like me though.

Got them mate, put them on my good controller to stop it happening again. Posting my faulty one off to Sony tomorrow so hoping for a replacement even though the warranty has expired.

I got mine not long ago, it is pretty silent most of the time, unless it's been left on for about 8+ hours then you hear a 'buzzing' noise. Just turn it off for a bit, reboot, and it's back to normal.

I had a 7 hour session on mine last night, 5 Hours The Last Of Us and 2 hours Driveclub...The hot air was not as hot as i expected still pretty warm though but the top of the console was bloody roasting! I hope Sony have used the best thermal paste availible.

Infamous: First Light is now available to download for free(PS+ subscribers.)

Pretty short standalone expansion that will take around 4 hours to complete.. but it's free! If you didn't get round to playing Infamous: Second Son this will give you a small taste as to what it was all about.

Anyone on the fence still about Driveclub dont be...After 10 big patches the game is very good now! And defo deserves a buy! Sony were cunts forcing Evo to put it out the door in the state it was in (due to Horizon 2) but had it been released tomorrow i doubt we'd be seeing the same review scores...Easily a solid 8/10 now! Also the graphics are just insane...I've put around 8 hours into it and my jaw still drops when looking at the visuals.

Just waiting on Patch 11 now which is going to improve the AI

I'm not a big racing game fan either mate. Played GT2(?) to death on PS2 and that was the last time I really got into one.

This one I play at least once a night.

Yeah.

I done it before with NBA2k14, it looked stunning and got great reviews but because I had no interest in Basketball it meant it hardly got touched.

I know that would happen with this, I've done it many times before :lol:

I'm saving the cash for Uncharted, Metal Gear, The Order and picking up Resi Evil later this month

Yeah.

I done it before with NBA2k14, it looked stunning and got great reviews but because I had no interest in Basketball it meant it hardly got touched.

I know that would happen with this, I've done it many times before :lol:

I'm saving the cash for Uncharted, Metal Gear, The Order and picking up Resi Evil later this month

Aye, canny wait for Uncharted and Metal Gear. The Division as well.

Tip of the day,don't pre-order it or buy at launch,BF4 was a broken mess when it came out and took DICE almost a year and a half to get it playable.

Was that for last gen?

I got it not long after the PS4 launched but iirc I remember it being slated before the PS4 came out.

Was that for last gen?

I got it not long after the PS4 launched but iirc I remember it being slated before the PS4 came out.

Both although to be fair I've only played it on the PS3,I'm sure it was a couple of months before they even implemented 64 player support on the next gen systems as well.

There is still another BETA planned IIRC and it's a smaller dev team that's working on the game,kind of like Treyarch and the other mob who do COD so this one might have a better launch.

Tip of the day,don't pre-order it or buy at launch,BF4 was a broken mess when it came out and took DICE almost a year and a half to get it playable.

Word is that they plan to do a CTE for Hardline right away. Considering the improvements that resulted from BF4's CTE it can only be a good thing.

Word is that they plan to do a CTE for Hardline right away. Considering the improvements that resulted from BF4's CTE it can only be a good thing.

Definitely mate,though I have no plans on getting Hardline myself,don't particularly like the whole cops and robbers angle they're going for.

staying well clear of hardline,looks like a cash grab,and the beta was pish.

hoping dice don't fuck up star wars battlefront this year,looking forward to this.

bf4 runs like a dream now,for those interested in it,64 players all fighting at once is a joy to behold.

I'm not a big racing game fan either mate. Played GT2(?) to death on PS2 and that was the last time I really got into one.

This one I play at least once a night.

Yeah it's defo worth getting just to see how amazing it looks also it's very arcadey and pick up and play so it's not like Forza where you have to put hours into getting a feel of the cars and perfecting braking points.

Got mine delivered around an hour ago,just installing all the games atm,btw if any of you haven't done so yet go and download the PS 20th Anniversary Theme from the store,when you boot up the console you get the PS1 startup sound (tu)

Not for me. You'l love the forthcoming GT7 though full of PS1 & PS2 cars :lol:

Definitely mate,though I have no plans on getting Hardline myself,don't particularly like the whole cops and robbers angle they're going for.

Neither do I mate and even though I've had BF4 for over a year I barely played it before it was completely overhauled. I played CTE on PC to death though because I so badly wanted it to be fixed and wanted to help achieve that, but it wasn't like playing the game for the games sake at all. So like I said, I don't feel like I've actually played it. If you know what I mean.

Neither do I mate and even though I've had BF4 for over a year I barely played it before it was completely overhauled. I played CTE on PC to death though because I so badly wanted it to be fixed and wanted to help achieve that, but it wasn't like playing the game for the games sake at all. So like I said, I don't feel like I've actually played it. If you know what I mean.

I first got into the series with BC1 on the 360 and loved it ever since,though with BF3 and 4 I've got to be honest and say that I don't like the direction that EA seem to be taking it in.Seen it before with COD,once you start releasing games every year the quality of them drops drastically,looking forward to Battlefront though as that seems to be a BF game with a Star Wars theme.