please just go McCoist

GOAT

To be pedantic, we did have a 15 point lead over the tims on 5 Nov 2011. They had a game the next day which they won but they also had a game in hand (which they also won). The lead was effectively 9 points if looked at logically.

Logic? If people used that they would know where we are, what we aspire to and stop screaming like spoilt brats.

To be pedantic, we did have a 15 point lead over the tims on 5 Nov 2011. They had a game the next day which they won but they also had a game in hand (which they also won). The lead was effectively 9 points if looked at logically.

correct. So we didnt blow a 15 point lead, unless Ally is getting the blame for green teeth winning his games in hand?

The question isn't about Ally right now because we are in a league where I could put out a winning team every week.

The question, for me, is " Is Ally the man to win us our first SPFL Premiership title?"

Now, I don't believe that we will it in our first season back (although we should be challenging for top 4) but the following season, we should be challenging Celtic for the title but is Ally capable of building then coaching a team to do just that?

Personally, I'm not so sure.

Don't think he deserves the sack at the moment, but the quality if football we play, given the huge gulf in resources, is absolutely disgusting.

It's the same pish, unentertaining "style" of long ball unimaginative football as per last year.

Only reason we have been successful is we have gone out (again) and completely out spent our rivals. Very little to do with Ally's ability as a manager.

Unfortunately, as soon as we get an SPL side we will be found out.

The worst thing about this (and all GOAT threads on the subject, of which there have been quite a few) is the way they are addressed directly to Ally as if GOAT actually thinks the manager might read this, and as if it's not just the same attention-seeking crap as ever :lol:

Cringe.

correct. So we didnt blow a 15 point lead, unless Ally is getting the blame for green teeth winning his games in hand?

Of course he's getting the blame for that. Wherever blame can be placed on him, it will be. Blame for his failures, blame for other people's failures but, of course, no credit for his successes.

It was also at this point that the shyte started to hi the fan internally, you could see that i was affecting the players on the pitch, of course Craig Whyte will also be Ally's fault.

Meh...Dunfermline stuck in their own half most of the time doesn't help to produce a good match. They came to play anti football,booting fuck oot our players and a pure cunt of a referee didnt help matters. Rangers did well to break them down and win. I don't believe we've a right to stroll and win every game. That would be boring as fuck imo. :uk:

It was also at this point that the shyte started to hi the fan internally, you could see that i was affecting the players on the pitch, of course Craig Whyte will also be Ally's fault.

The Naismith injury also played a big part in my opinion. he was the lynch pin in our team and almost everything went trough him

The Naismith injury also played a big part in my opinion. he was the lynch pin in our team and almost everything went trough him

Got to agree CA.

We played some outstanding stuff up until that point. Some of the victories as well where up amongst my top domestic wins in recent years. Sheep shaggers away, hearts away and smashing the taigs at home from 2-1 down at ht

Meh...Dunfermline stuck in their own half most of the time doesn't help to produce a good match. They came to play anti football,booting fuck oot our players and a pure cunt of a referee didnt help matters. Rangers did well to break them down and win. I don't believe we've a right to stroll and win every game. That would be boring as fuck imo. :uk:

Dunfermline actually played with 2 up top and the wee No 10 played just in the hole behind the front 2. They defended really well and coped really well with our long balls to Daly,

They also won almost every high ball that came into the box.

We were poor for most of the game, Wallace was our best attacking player in the 1st half.

They actually had quite a young team who worked their socks off and were well organised and well drilled

Got to agree CA.

We played some outstanding stuff up until that point. Some of the victories as well where up amongst my top domestic wins in recent years. Sheep shaggers away, hearts away and smashing the taigs at home from 2-1 down at ht

I had £200 on Rangers that day, I was never in doubt, even at 2-1 down

The worst thing about this (and all GOAT threads on the subject, of which there have been quite a few) is the way they are addressed directly to Ally as if GOAT actually thinks the manager might read this, and as if it's not just the same attention-seeking crap as ever :lol:

Cringe.

Don't really think it's attention seeking, but it is over the top.

The underlying point is that the style of football under Ally (and Walter for the most part) is very hard on the eyes and a throw back to decades ago, as opposed to the more modern, press, pass and move philosophy.

Understandable for Walter as he is obviously older, but really highlights why Ally wasn't the right man for the job given he had only learned under him and no one else.

I was expecting a fresh new dawn when he took over.

Suffice to say that if he played under similar tactics i doubt he would have broken the two hundred mark.

The three of them moved on.

£1m plus is a criminal waste of resources we could have a cracking management and coaching team for that amount.