Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

I just don't get the hero worship of some people on here.

These guys only spout what Mandela did since 1990, but, for those guys, I ask only this; why was Mandela in jail for 27 years?..... No, not for any simple break of the law, nor was it for being coloured.

He was jailed in 1964 for bombing schools, so, we are being asked to applaud a terrorist.

He was also complicit in killing many of his own kind who did not agree with him or the ANC.

I certainly will not be applauding tomorrow, I will be removing myself from my seat to go for a piss (allegedly), or I might buy a pie, whatever, I will be in the concourse when all this false adulation is taking place.

Your beloved forces in Iraq and Afghanastan will have bombed and killed thousands of kids too but thats alright if its in the name of the union

Your beloved forces in Iraq and Afghanastan will have bombed and killed thousands of kids too but thats alright if its in the name of the union

That's not why they where deployed.

Your at it.

They where deployed to Liberate the people and that's a fact.

Just the same way our Forces where deployed to protect Catholics in Northern Ireland but they turned on them too.

So you guys would be happy to read an article in Monday's Guardian about how Rangers were the only club on the British Isles not to commemorate Mandela's death?

We want to build the Rangers brand as much as possible, and this sort of stuff does not help that. Argue he was a terrorist all you like, but the executives at the big sponsors looking at which football club to pump money into won't see it like that.

Tell that to SOS too.

That's not why they where deployed.

Your at it.

They where deployed to Liberate the people and that's a fact.

Just the same way our Forces where deployed to protect Catholics in Northern Ireland but they turned on them too.

They were sent there for oil and wealth actually, everyone knows it! If they're so bothered about liberating people then i take it we're going to South Korea next to tear them a new arsehole?

So you guys would be happy to read an article in Monday's Guardian about how Rangers were the only club on the British Isles not to commemorate Mandela's death?

We want to build the Rangers brand as much as possible, and this sort of stuff does not help that. Argue he was a terrorist all you like, but the executives at the big sponsors looking at which football club to pump money into won't see it like that.

Couldnt care less what The Guardian or any other media outlet says about us.

Maybe they put it next to the article about the bheasts "forgetting" Remembrance Day.

Remind me how many sponsors pulled out of their deals

I want to protect the name of this club so it can grow commercially. Unfortunately, that involves caring about our perception in the media.

Neither of us have any idea of how many potential deals Celtic have missed out on due to their ignoring Remembrance Sunday. However, you'd be insane to think that companies don't do background checks on clubs they're considering sponsoring.

And where in the vetting of said companies does "applauding a dead terrorist" come?

Didnt and don't read anything in the Guardian about the behaviour of the unwashed whenever they do wrong and it doesn't seem to matter to their sponsors...

I want to protect the name of this club so it can grow commercially. Unfortunately, that involves caring about our perception in the media.

Fair enough, they'll find something to have a go at us for regardless though.

A minutes applause for a man who passed away at the age of 95 with no connection to Rangers, Scotland, The UK or football is absolutely pathetic.

He was a terrorist who advocated violent overthrow of a government he saw as interlopers in his country.

Bobby Sands,Gerry Adams, Martin McGuiness etc etc all claim the same

So anyone who uses violent means to instruct social / political change is a terrorist and also unsupportable? Using violence to change the NI situation isn't comparable to Mandela, as NI joining Ireland is something which could be voted in if the political climate was ready for it. Both the UK and Ireland are democracies, people in NI aren't being oppressed by the UK having dominion over them. Bombs dont actually help that, as it seems the IRA have now realised. People shouldnt be getting as angry over a fucking line on a map as Mandela was over institutional racial segregation in his country.

Some of you have clearly constructed these bizarre mental fortresses to create some sort of relative logic in your pathological hatreds.

There is a difference between war and terrorism you muppet. In war, there are casualties of civilians unfortunately, whereas terrorists pick their targets deliberately.

Maybe you should have gone to school in Suid Afrika.