Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

There are two points here, the one around the hypocrisy of the SPFL and country in general expecting this when it was not enforced for Remembrance is absolutely disgraceful.

The people on here who are talking about Mandela in such a negative way may want to consider just how much they would enjoy a South African football fan giving it large about Northern Irish politics.

Trying to take a 'Rangers' view on Mandela is mentally inept and would make the club look ridiculous if the fans did so, luckily a handful of nutters on here will fade into the crowd.

So anyone who uses violent means to instruct social / political change is a terrorist and also unsupportable? Using violence to change the NI situation isn't comparable to Mandela, as NI joining Ireland is something which could be voted in if the political climate was ready for it. Both the UK and Ireland are democracies, people in NI aren't being oppressed by the UK having dominion over them. Bombs dont actually help that, as it seems the IRA have now realised. People shouldnt be getting as angry over a fucking line on a map as Mandela was over institutional racial segregation in his country.

Some of you have clearly constructed these bizarre mental fortresses to create some sort of relative logic in your pathological hatreds.

Time of the month is it?

There are two points here, the one around the hypocrisy of the SPFL and country in general expecting this when it was not enforced for Remembrance is absolutely disgraceful.

The people on here who are talking about Mandela in such a negative way may want to consider just how much they would enjoy a South African football fan giving it large about Northern Irish politics.

Trying to take a 'Rangers' view on Mandela is mentally inept and would make the club look ridiculous if the fans did so, luckily a handful of nutters on here will fade into the crowd.

You are absolutely correct there are two points. Firstly I choose to pay tribute to the armed forces of our country by observing a minutes silence but secondly, in this democracy, that those who I pay my respects to, fought and died for, I am entitled to abstain from celebrating the life of, rightly or wrongly, a convicted terrorist because the mhedia inform us that it's the correct thing to do

They were sent there for oil and wealth actually, everyone knows it! If they're so bothered about liberating people then i take it we're going to South Korea next to tear them a new arsehole?

Was there Oil in Belfast?

Your Brainwashed .

No wealth in Afghanistan or Kossovo or Bosnia either.

Sadly, DJW is correct is here. The mhedia would damage us very badly. All of the UK media would be on us. My personal feeling is no. And that stems more from the Scottish Provo Friendship League agreeing to what amounts to the endorsement of a new banner for those cunts. What happens when HM goes? A 2 minute applause? If I could be there I would stand in silence.

Your beloved forces in Iraq and Afghanastan will have bombed and killed thousands of kids too but thats alright if its in the name of the union

I hope your fishing here!

After two tours in Afghanistan, two in Iraq and a six month stint in the former Yugoslavia, the statement you have made needs backed up.

Prove what you say is true or detract it and apologise.

No equivalence to be drawn. One was a freedom fighting hero, attempting to liberate his people from oppression and discrimination - the other was leader of the ANC.

Killed innocent people though. One mans terrorist another mans freedom fighter.