Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

Wonder who suggested a minutes applause. It never fails to amaze me the stupidity of our powers to be. This one should never be anywhere near a football stadium as it is so controversial. Whether you are pro or anti the minutes applause or indeed Mandela I think we must be respectful of each others point of view and clap for the cameras and the viewing haters,as you can bet on it, in this one they will definately be watching.We must play this clever and rise above our personal feelings, as that is what they are, and like this situation should be kept away from football. At the end of the day it is about the Rangers and i think you will agree that overtakes all the media hype about an old man who died in south Africa the other night.I would like to think that the Rangers supporters in South Africa would like us to rather applaud our team tomorrow instead, I would hope so anyway, :7325: beats fighting amongst ourselves

That'll be a no from me, for the terrorist murdering prick.

"Mandela was not only a Communist Party member, but also a top SACP leader — which the evidence irresistibly shows he was — then he is not only a colossal and persistent liar, but he is all the more culpable in the innumerable acts of terror, torture, and murder committed by ANC mobs and MK cadres over the past several decades;"

- "The New American" American newspaper.

I'd counter that with "stop being a pompous arse and don't f*****g harm my club tomorrow just so that you can feel big and clever."

A few numbskulls hiding in amongst tens of thousands while tanked up and shouting out now and again are certainly not big or clever.

More like insignificant and cowardly.

Mandela was a 'terrorist.' :lol:

The US and UK are 'liberating' the Middle East. :lol:

See what happens when you ask most football fans in the West of Scotland to debate something other than football or their ingrained hatred for the opposing 'tribe?'

Let's just stick to football lads n' lassies. (tu)

Imperfect, as are we all, but his achievements vastly outweigh his flaws. A better man than most I believe sums him up.

Bullshit.

You can't say that about anyone. It's mental! Let's take a serial killer for example, say he goes on the rampage and kills a few hundred people, and blows a few up. But a few years later in life, he suddenly does a few great things that changes the outlook of some of the world, and then denies he ever killed anyone, when he dies, are we supposed to go mental and say "THIS GUY WAS AMAZING! LET'S GIVE HIM APPLAUSE AT FOOTBALL MATCHES NOW THAT HE'S DEED!"

Fuck that shit. Once a terrorist, always a terrorist.

Mandela was a 'terrorist.' :lol:

The US and UK are 'liberating' the Middle East. :lol:

See what happens when you ask football fans in the West of Scotland to debate something other than football or their ingrained hatred for the opposing 'tribe?'

Let's just stick to football lads n' lassies. (tu)

Thats fenian talk, book-smart boy.

Bullshit.

You can't say that about anyone. It's mental! Let's take a serial killer for example, say he goes on the rampage and kills a few hundred people, and blows a few up. But a few years later in life, he suddenly does a few great things that changes the outlook of some of the world, and then denies he ever killed anyone, when he dies, are we supposed to go mental and say "THIS GUY WAS AMAZING! LET'S GIVE HIM APPLAUSE AT FOOTBALL MATCHES NOW THAT HE'S DEED!"

Fuck that shit. Once a terrorist, always a terrorist.

That's a ridiculous comparison.

That's a ridiculous comparison.

Ridiculous comparison?

Nelson Mandela was literally "Top-Dog" in a group that he himself gave orders to kill hundreds of innocent people, torture people, and occasionally blow people up.

I'll give you the guy was a great liar, but that's about it really?

Unless President Mandela's family have asked for applause we should do no such thing.

David, I mean Manticore, you're a fud. However I agree with your sentiments here and have given you rep.

How far should we take it at football games? Soon, recognizing every fucking minute of the game with some sort of tribute to something will be common place. A line has to be drawn. It's a football game. In my profession I've never has a minutes silence nor applause when I go to program a PLC.

Ridiculous comparison?

Nelson Mandela was literally "Top-Dog" in a group that he himself gave orders to kill hundreds of innocent people, torture people, and occasionally blow people up.

I'll give you the guy was a great liar, but that's about it really?

Yes it's ridiculous. Name me a serial killer who stood up against a reprehensible, horribly oppressive and hateful regime and then you might have a point.

Yes it's ridiculous. Name me a serial killer who stood up against a reprehensible, horribly oppressive and hateful regime and then you might have a point.

It's still not ridiculous. The man was a terrorist, and leader of a group that he gave orders to too kill and torture innocent people, you crackpot. Fuck Mandela.

It's still not ridiculous. The man was a terrorist, and leader of a group that he gave orders to too kill and torture innocent people, you crackpot. Fuck Mandela.

I don't think anyone is denying that he sanctioned some truly horrendous things for a truly noble cause, but to completely ignore the context is grossly unfair.

I don't think anyone is denying that he sanctioned some truly horrendous things for a truly noble cause, but to completely ignore the context is grossly unfair.

Grossly unfair?

Now that's ridiculous! It was grossly unfair that those innocent men, women & children had their lives shortened by Terrorist Mandela, and his cronies. What's not unfair is to tell it how it is, the man was a straight up criminal that spoke good words now and again, but still a criminal.

I would say South Africa is a far better place to live for the black community, don't you agree? cattled used to get treated better than black people.

as for the rest, you'd have a good point if i was trying to suggest it has turned into some leading nations everyone should inspire to.

But i wasn't

No, I don't agree, it is better for the ANC elite and very few others.

Grossly unfair?

Now that's ridiculous! It was grossly unfair that those innocent men, women & children had their lives shortened by Terrorist Mandela, and his cronies. What's not unfair is to tell it how it is, the man was a straight up criminal that spoke good words now and again, but still a criminal.

Yeah, but you're not telling it how it is though are you? You're glibly comparing him to a serial killer while ignoring the context.

Why dont we ever hear from these guys about what an illiterate murdering psychopath for example... Michael Stone was? They are bastions of law order and the sovereignty of the state who are as noble as they are staunch after all, no cause is worth the deaths of innocents.