Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

And the argument for not doing one for Mandela is because people think he's a cunt...

Thatcher was also an iconic figure. You've made yourself look a bit silly with that post.

Hardly Thatcher was a Tory MP who fucked Scotland over as well as most the working class members of the country to benefit the wealthy, Mandella fought against an evil and racist regime that was killing and enslaving his own people he was hardly a cunt

I have to be frank, I know little of Nelson Mandela apart from the films and his release after a long time in prison, much to the joy of black South African's.

I've noticed that his extended family is insanely rich now though while his country is still a dump.

Honestly I'm getting a bit f88ked off with this unofficial applause for one cause or another at the football because I'm not informed enough on the issue to either know what it's for or why I should join in.

There is far bigger and more important causes in the world to highlight and arguably more important people yet no one seems to have the slightest interest in them so to be honest I feel that these things are somewhat a crock of shit to appease those whom have their own agenda or misguided beliefs.

I want to watch my team win in a manner befitting of Rangers, I don't wish to be applauding for a different cause every week either because I'm ignorant on the subject or because someone else thinks I should find it important enough to agree with them.

I'm not saying that for many of these things are fair enough but you have to wonder does the mark of respect filter through to those that's important to? How many that joined in actually know why they are? It all seems very contrived and forced, it cheapens the important ones the more causes we add to them.

Who's stopping anyone from paying respects to either?

It was deemed inappropriate to have one for thatcher at the football, Mandela would be even more so. Hopefully mcguiness joins him soon in hell since they seemed so happy the gether

Hardly Thatcher was a Tory MP who fucked Scotland over as well as most the working class members of the country to benefit the wealthy, Mandella fought against an evil and racist regime that was killing and enslaving his own people he was hardly a cunt

Thatcher made Britain great again. Mandela was a terrorist.

See what I did there?

You're looking really stupid here; 'have one for Mandela because he was an iconic figure, dont have one for Thatcher she was a cunt'. It's subjective.

See what I did there?

You're looking really stupid here; 'have one for Mandela because he was an iconic figure, dont have one for Thatcher she was a cunt'. It's subjective.

It's all a matter of opinion basically.

See what I did there?

OK

It was deemed inappropriate to have one for thatcher at the football, Mandela would be even more so. Hopefully mcguiness joins him soon in hell since they seemed so happy the gether

If you wanted to pay respects to Thatcher at the next Rangers game after her death then no-one would have stopped you. If you don't want to join in with the Mandela tribute, then don't.

I don't understand why people get so riled up about nothing.

If you wanted to pay respects to Thatcher at the next Rangers game after her death then no-one would have stopped you. If you don't want to join in with the Mandela tribute, then don't.

I don't understand why people get so riled up about nothing.

Because it was deemed inappropriate for the football and I agree with that. The SPFL are now deciding this should be done.

I don't understand why the fuck football teams in Scotland would care

Because it was deemed inappropriate for the football and I agree with that. The SPFL are now deciding this should be done.

I don't understand why the fuck football teams in Scotland would care

Well indeed, they should be consistent in these things or just not have them at all.