Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

People weren't given the opportunity to pay respects to Thatcher at the football. That's the difference.

Just because it wasn't officially sanctioned by the footballing authorities doesn't mean the opportunity has been denied, paying respect should be an individual choice anyway.

Whatever you say, it is not Mandela's association with terrorism that is being applauded.

Correct revisionism is the word I am looking for. He did a lot for south Africa after his release without a doubt. I am talking about the double fucking standards in this country.

Correct revisionism is the word I am looking for. He did a lot for south Africa after his release without a doubt. I am talking about the double fucking standards in this country.

Indeed, I find times like these, well, testing. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

And no doubt the taigs are currently working on aligning Mandela with Jimmy Shand, obscuring the fact that attacking a functioning democracy is not comparable to attacking a constitutionally racist state.

Thatcher was, at the very least, a divisive person. I can see why people didn't think it was appropriate to have an official thing for her death. Many people hated her, especially in Glasgow.

I dont think i'd like to meet a person who hates Nelson Mandela. Can you imagine being that full of hatred that you dont want to partake in a very small appreciation of what the man did? And I suppose after giving it more careful consideration that bigots like that can be either small or large. Or somewhere in between.

I know this Guy done a Lot for SA but what does this have to do With us?

It had no relevance to GB ?

And if you Look at it he was Leader of a Group with a dodgy Past.

Double Standards again by the Scottish Football Authorities.

It was a dominion of the British Empire for more than 50 years.

Thatcher was, at the very least, a divisive person. I can see why people didn't think it was appropriate to have an official thing for her death. Many people hated her, especially in Glasgow.

I dont think i'd like to meet a person who hates Nelson Mandela. Can you imagine being that full of hatred. And I suppose after giving it more careful consideration that bigots like that can be either small or large.or somewhere in between.

Seriously, on page 10 of the second Mandela thread on RM are you asserting that Thatcher was divisive but Mandela was not?

Despite so much obvious division on the matter?

I wonder what goes on inside your head, I really do.

I dont think i'd like to meet a person who hates Nelson Mandela. Can you imagine being that full of hatred that you dont want to partake in a very small appreciation of what the man did? And I suppose after giving it more careful consideration that bigots like that can be either small or large. Or somewhere in between.

:lol:

She done a lot of good and bad and was the prime minister of GB. If silence wasn't deemed acceptable at football for a British prime minister then neither is it nor a minutes applause acceptable for someone to my knowledge done nothing for British football nor a Rangers football club.

Ps fuck him and his wee mate mcguiness

I dont think you could really get someone more divise than he was back in the day, given that was after all the entire point.

But I think he rather conclusively won the argument didn't he? See Boris's comments today for example.

I might be surprised but I dont see that many folks on here who are saying they aren't going to respect the minute. I see the usual stauncher-than-thou brigade jumping up and down in tears as usual.

I dont think you could really get someone more divise than s he was back in the day, given that was after all the entire point.

But I think he rather conclusively won the argument didn't he? See Boris's comments today for example.

I might be suprised but I dont see that many folks on here who are saying they arent going to respect the minute. I see the usual stauncher-than-thou brigade jumping up and down in tears as usual.

How do you measure 'divisiveness'?

Personally I think 'divisive' is simply code for 'I hated the bitch but I prefer dissembling to the truth'.

I'd probably agree with that in the main. Doesn't that go for the Mandela-haters too though?

the point is there'd be a lot of people inside Ibrox that wouldn't like applauding Thatcher. Far more people than wouldn't applaud Mandela I'd have thought.