European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

TRUE BLUE - Correct and I was about to highlight this issue.

Thirteen GC councillors voted on that agenda, 1 snp and 1 tory voted no. The other 11 labour voted yes. Of these 11 it was noted that 8 were celtic shareholders and or ST holders. The snp guy was disgusted that three Glasgow streets adjacent to parkhead were sold for 1 penny each.

Last summer I was searching for dirt on Liewell's numerous posts as a company director and found links from GCC land deals to celtic directors. I forget the details, but the Commision will find links.

GCC stinks of nepotism where CFC are concerned.

PSlaptop keyboard probs

They swept child abuse under the rug, and to this day no one is allowed to speak of it. I cannot see anything happening with this, the cover up has already begun and the media are staying quiet on it.

Hi Sergio, this time things are a bit different, not only an organisation outwith their control but an organistation outwith the political system within this country, here's hoping!!!!!!!!

a worked with a guy and he's been calling me a zombie sevco this n that for the last year or so.been saying rather be a zombie than a bheast.so the last few weeks since this has picked up been calling them cheats n shit and he's not texting me back and he always got back to me no matter what I said to him.he must be shitting himself with this I hope something comes of this fucking corrupt chunts

from 2012.

A new £25m road linking the M74 in Glasgow to several Commonwealth Games sites has opened to traffic.

The 2.6km Clyde Gateway links Oatlands and the M74 junction at Polmadie to Celtic Park, the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome and Athletes' Village.

Glasgow City Council, which funded the route, said it would help transport some 18,000 athletes and support staff as well as spectators during the games.

Work on the road began in April 2010. It opened on Thursday night.

The carriageway is part of a three-phase development to improve road infrastructure in the east end of the city.

Phase one opened in April 2007 as part of the development of new housing in the Oatlands area and was officially re-named as New Rutherglen Road.

'New opportunities'

Phase two - opened on Thursday - is the longest section of the road, crossing the Clyde at Rutherglen Bridge and passing Dalmarnock Railway Station, the Commonwealth Arena and Celtic Park before joining the Parkhead by-pass at the Forge Retail Park.

Phase three will run from the Parkhead Bypass to the M8. This section will be developed after the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

Brian Devlin, executive director at Glasgow City Council's Land and Environmental Services, said: "The Clyde Gateway creates a new, direct link between the completed M74 and the heart of Glasgow's east end.

"This will offer fantastic new opportunities for people and business either currently living or based in this part of Glasgow or looking to move there.

"The Clyde Gateway is part of the wider regeneration of the city that is currently taking place, with other examples of this taking shape all around this new route."

Hi Sergio, this time things are a bit different, not only an organisation outwith their control but an organistation outwith the political system within this country, here's hoping!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't count on that mate .These rancid corrupt bastards have got people doing their dealings in every organisation in the world bar maybe a few .Its just takes a wee brown packet here and there .There is corruption everywhere but without a shadow of doubt the stench is pretty rancid in the east end of Glasgow

Wouldn't count on that mate .These rancid corrupt bastards have got people doing their dealings in every organisation in the world bar maybe a few .Its just takes a wee brown packet here and there .There is corruption everywhere but without a shadow of doubt the stench is pretty rancid in the east end of Glasgow

Bears have to get out and vote against these Stains of society.

Who do we vote for though?

I would rather be shot than vote SNP since they are destroying the country and there is no WAY I want them in charge of GCC!

Greens?

Er - maybe not.....

Monster Raving Loony Party?

This happens all over west central Scotland mate.

Too right it does .You can include both south and north Lanarkshire councils .Both rancid to the core .Tims employed all over the shop .I think they have always concentrated on Central areas .They have been slowly gaining total control over the last 50years .I very much doubt it's reversible .

Bears have to get out and vote against these Stains of society.

Nacho mate .Ive highlighted this many times before .Our club and Management have to take a more active roll in highlighting all these things but sadly we have too many nice guys and guys only interested in the money and veing friends with our haters We need guys that are going to be hated and disliked to bring all these things into focus .Like him or hate him C Green was upsetting the manks and some of his qualities wouldn't go a miss .

Agree to an extent Eejay the DJ, however in the world of politics within your realm it's easier to control, outwith there is more variables destabilising the ability to influence and remain in control depending on the political climate (European Commission), at present it seems to be to persue these issue(s).

As before here's hoping.

Who do we vote for though?

I would rather be shot than vote SNP since they are destroying the country and there is no WAY I want them in charge of GCC!

Rather than vote for anyone of the traditional partys, look closer at the independant candidates with no association to the traditional fold, dilute their influence making it harder for any resolutions/decision to be passed.

from 2012.

A new £25m road linking the M74 in Glasgow to several Commonwealth Games sites has opened to traffic.

The 2.6km Clyde Gateway links Oatlands and the M74 junction at Polmadie to Celtic Park, the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome and Athletes' Village.

Glasgow City Council, which funded the route, said it would help transport some 18,000 athletes and support staff as well as spectators during the games.

Work on the road began in April 2010. It opened on Thursday night.

The carriageway is part of a three-phase development to improve road infrastructure in the east end of the city.

Phase one opened in April 2007 as part of the development of new housing in the Oatlands area and was officially re-named as New Rutherglen Road.

'New opportunities'

Phase two - opened on Thursday - is the longest section of the road, crossing the Clyde at Rutherglen Bridge and passing Dalmarnock Railway Station, the Commonwealth Arena and Celtic Park before joining the Parkhead by-pass at the Forge Retail Park.

Phase three will run from the Parkhead Bypass to the M8. This section will be developed after the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

Brian Devlin, executive director at Glasgow City Council's Land and Environmental Services, said: "The Clyde Gateway creates a new, direct link between the completed M74 and the heart of Glasgow's east end.

"This will offer fantastic new opportunities for people and business either currently living or based in this part of Glasgow or looking to move there.

"The Clyde Gateway is part of the wider regeneration of the city that is currently taking place, with other examples of this taking shape all around this new route."

Not sure what's wrong here. The East End does need investment. This is part of a larger masterplan that is needed to regenerate a badly rundown area. It's separate from the shenanigans at the girodome.

I know mate, lived Bellshill nearly all my life and seen it there also, what chance did we have then also, my Dad brought me up to vote Tory!!! as he wouldnt vote for they scum of people on Labour was his words. And we know what the Tories did to Scotland under Maggie!

Fecking politics, they are all a shower of .........................

Off topic,but I used to work along your neck of the woods, in Uddingston :)

Not sure what's wrong here. The East End does need investment. This is part of a larger masterplan that is needed to regenerate a badly rundown area. It's separate from the shenanigans at the girodome.

Yeah I agree. Glasgow City Council is populated by a nice, carefully selected and voted for band of lovely people. Just can't see there being any bias at all among them, they're all heroes in my book.

They approach things like this with a selflessness which I think should be applauded.

Yeah I agree. Glasgow City Council is populated by a nice, carefully selected and voted for band of lovely people. Just can't see there being any bias at all among them, they're all heroes in my book.

They approach things like this with a selflessness which I think should be applauded.

What? Your sarcasm isn't really relevant as I've said in several places that I believe GCC are suspect in the extreme in relation to sellic park land deals, not to mention entirely unrelated stuff like the George Square debacle. All I said was the regeneration route and associated masterplan is entirely worthwhile and necessary.

The scattergun approach of complaining about anything done in the East End helps nobody.

While I agree that this should be given the proper coverage and discussed fully in the media, I don't think it's becoming of a bear to dedicate themself wholly to this cause, to call into RC every day to discuss. If you're going to do this you can probably stop making references to "the obsessed" as that's how you'll look.

By all means complain through the proper channels of course. I think if it's going to come to anything it won't be helped by anyone bombarding any forms of media in Scotland, could be wrong but this is how I see it