European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

im sure I read that the land registers never helped

Never heard anymore about the land the scum used as security which gcc said they never sold them or never owned it and last I heard was waiting for land registry to confirm who owned it .

"The valuers used are small one or two men companies. The same person in fact who moved to create his own company provided both valuations."

This is an interesting point for me. The questions that comes to mind is when did the he create this company, how soon before/afterwards was he approached to carry out these valuations and had he any previous links to the people at c****c?

...Put aside the state aid aspect of this for a minute....by the looks of things this is fraud on a grand scale...police Scotland should be all over this and collars should be getting felt at GCC and the coopdome.........tick tock..

A couple of stories in the press regarding the Co-op Bank, one could have some links to what's been going on the other probably not, first we have this.

Co-op Bank looks at ditching KPMG as auditor as it rushes to raise £400m

Patrick Hosking and Susan Thompson

Published at 12:01AM, April 12 2014

The Co-op Bank's auditor for more than 40 years is facing dismissal after the embattled bank revealed yesterday that it was putting its audit contract out to tender.

KPMG is being investigated by the Financial Reporting Council over its vetting of the Co-op Bank' accounts. It faces questions over how problems with commercial loans had laid hidden years after rival banks were crystallising losses on their loans. Revelations over the accountant's role in the banks decline are potentially explosive because John Griffith-Jones, chairman of the Financial Conduct Authority, was the UK chairman of KPMG

http://www.thetimes....icle4060713.ece

Next one caught my eye and is less likely to have any link to the situation in Glasgow, though it does pose hypothetical question in my mind. Given that we now know what we know about the man who was at the top of this bank and if the information in the following is true could an organisation looking for finance on the cheap use this information to their own advantage? One which rumour has it had a private investigation company running within their premises and who had a chairman who had a habit of threatening to release a secret dossier on their closest rivals. A former chairman who may or may not have known the gentleman in the following due to their common links to a certain political party. As I say it is a hypothetical thought not an allegation, though it could probably make a good scenario for a book for any thriller writers out there.

Fresh scandal embroils troubled Co-op board

Dominic Walsh and Patrick Hosking

Published at 12:01AM, April 12 2014

The Co-operative Groups woes deepened yesterday after it emerged that one of its board members has been suspended over allegations that he lied about his qualifications

Munir Malik, a Labour councillor for the London Borough of Bexley who has twice stood for election as an MEP, was also suspended by the Labour party for "bringing the party into disrepute". He had claimed as part of his Co-op board election campaign that he was a chartered accountant. The group is understood to have discovered that Mr Malik had been struck off after being declared bankrupt

http://www.thetimes....icle4061039.ece

When/If the allegations in this thread are proven true, the ironic thing is that every time the C****c word is used the bitter and agenda driven press in this country will have Rangers in the same sentence. It doesnt matter that we were found to have legally used EBT's.

As a club we should be fully detaching ourselves from anything to do with the term 'Old Firm' .

There is a report on State Aid on my Sky sports app which was basically saying the top English sides don't think they will be caught out, but it says former Celtic board member Brian Quin is part of the investigation team. Surely he would have to declare a conflict of interest, think things comming to a head soon

There is a report on State Aid on my Sky sports app which was basically saying the top English sides don't think they will be caught out, but it says former Celtic board member Brian Quin is part of the investigation team. Surely he would have to declare a conflict of interest, think things comming to a head soon

Heard a bit of this on the radio,but thought it was about Financial Fair Play not State Aid.

Think they are two separate investigations,but I could be wrong

Heard a bit of this on the radio,but thought it was about Financial Fair Play not State Aid.

Think they are two separate investigations,but I could be wrong

FFP investigation is separate from State Aid investigation. EU Commission is investigating State Aid.