European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Looks like Mr Coleman has been at it again

A TOP councillor gave a company a s1million contract without mentioning that he was one of their directors.

And Glasgow City Council deputy leader Jim Coleman now faces an investigation by watchdogs.

Coleman sits on the board of the Wise Group, who run training projects for the jobless.

But he didn't declare an interest to his colleagues on the council's executive committee before they gave Wise s1million of taxpayers' cash to take over a community service scheme for fine defaulters.

Coleman says he didn't mention the directorship because Wise don't pay him and he was appointed to their board by the council.

But Glasgow's SNP opposition are demanding "firm and decisive action" over the row.

The Nats' deputy leader on the council, Billy McAllister, said: "Councillor Coleman appears to be in breach of the councillors' code of conduct.

"This should be investigated as a matter of urgency."

McAllister vowed to report Coleman to the Standards Commission, the body who probe claims of wrongdoing by councillors.

Coleman, 62, was acting chairman of the executive committee when the Wise Group deal was nodded through on January 23.

Rival firm Apex Scotland, who had been running the training scheme, are set to make 15 staff redundant after their bid to keep the contract failed.

The Standards Commission say unpaid interests should be declared when a reasonable member of the public would consider that they could "unduly influence the councillor".

The watchdogs also say appointments to non-council bodies should be declared "unless the interest would be regarded as irrelevant or insignificant".

But Coleman, who represents Baillieston in the city's east end, said he was "quite comfortable" that he had acted properly over the contract. He told the Record: "I'm appointed to Wise by the council. I don't get any pay or anything.

"If I had got paid, I think it would have been wise to declare an interest. But it was my judgment that I did not need to."

Coleman insisted he did not influence the decision to give the contract to Wise.

"There was no discussion", he said. "The committee just put it through."

Coleman has been on the council since 1988 and is known for his fight to have lap-dancing clubs licensed as sex shops. He says the clubs exploit women and harm Glasgow's reputation.

He sits on several other outside bodies, including Glasgow Community Planning Ltd, Glasgow East Regeneration Agency and the city's NHS Board.

A council spokesman said it was up to members to decide whether to declare interests. He added: "It should be remembered that Councillor Coleman has a non-financial interest and was appointed to the position by the Council."

The Wise Group added: "Councillor Coleman does not receive any remuneration or expenses in his role as a director."

This the same NHS Board that sold off Lennoxtown?

Over the past week or so couple of comments in other threads have caught my eye.

1. c****c have to repay a lump sum of £19m in 2019

2. c****c parks main stand suffers from subsidence and will require work to remedy this around 2020/2021

I have no knowledge of the building trade, but I would hazard a guess that to sort out their main stand they may be facing a bill somewhere between £5m - £15m. Indeed it may prove that it would be more economical to have the stand demolished and build a new one. Having said that they may well have a problem due to a part of their main stand being granted listed status after a campaign by their fans a number of years back.

So over a two year period c****c could be facing bills tallying between £24m - £34m. Perhaps we now have an insight to why so many people n the press are so willing to help sweep the land deals scandal under the carpet. If you were to factor in possible compensation if they were found guilty of illegal state aid and financial doping of their squad as a result of this they just might be facing a bill of around £35m - £55m in total. I know that this depends on a lot of if's and maybe's, but it would certainly explain some of their need to get hold of land and state cash pretty dammed quick.

One would think that they would simply carry out a share issue to raise cash, but I doubt if thy would be raising the sort of cash that they may require especially if the were facing a full EC investigation with the possibility of a legal investigation into the people responsible for the land deals.

Over the past week or so couple of comments in other threads have caught my eye.

2. c****c parks main stand suffers from subsidence and will require work to remedy this around 2020/2021

I have no knowledge of the building trade, but I would hazard a guess that to sort out their main stand they may be facing a bill somewhere between £5m - £15m. Indeed it may prove that it would be more economical to have the stand demolished and build a new one. Having said that they may well have a problem due to a part of their main stand being granted listed status after a campaign by their fans a number of years back.

So over a two year period c****c could be facing bills tallying between £24m - £34m. Perhaps we now have an insight to why so many people n the press are so willing to help sweep the land deals scandal under the carpet. If you were to factor in possible compensation if they were found guilty of illegal state aid and financial doping of their squad as a result of this they just might be facing a bill of around £35m - £55m in total. I know that this depends on a lot of if's and maybe's, but it would certainly explain some of their need to get hold of land and state cash pretty dammed quick.

One would think that they would simply carry out a share issue to raise cash, but I doubt if thy would be raising the sort of cash that they may require especially if the were facing a full EC investigation with the possibility of a legal investigation into the people responsible for the land deals.

Are you being serious? :000000082: :000000082: :000000082:

There was this on the FTH website about what their ground was built on

http://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/celtic-park-built-on-made-ground-comprising-ash-rubble-sand-slag-gravel-even-timber-ranging-from-27ft-16ft-thick-in-places/

Thermopylea - "Are you being serious?"

Yes I am, it has been posted on here before that after the face of Ibrox's main stand was listed that they petitioned to have the front of their main stand listed. Later on it would seem they wanted to demolish it as part of the re-development an were told no way. Their answer to that was to build the current facia over the top. As I say I'm only quoting from what I remember seeing on another thread, perhaps somebody can clarify it for us if I wrong.

Soulboy - "There was this on the FTH website about what their ground was built on

http://footballtaxha...hick-in-places/"

I read that a few weeks back, always knew their ground was tip, but it's nice to see it being officially confirmed. :7325:

Tbh, the more I look at that picture the more I get suspicious of how planning permission was ever granted. I have never seen any other ground that has a stand over hanging a cemetery, and surely to f**k they didn't demolish streets so that planning permission could be granted rather than having to refuse it on grounds of the stand being to close to housing?

The main support structure to the stand will almost certainly have been piled through the superficials to a solid foundation. Even taking account of its age, it is highly likely any mine working would have been grouted up beforehand. Contamination in the upper soils will probably not have been dealt with as effectively as would be done today, but they will be effectively encapsulated by the floor of the stand, which I'm presuming is concrete. If they are sitting on contaminated soils, it will probably be in their interests to leave well alone and not disturb it.

My recollection from way back is that they had an issue with excessive deflection of the stands cantilever roof from an early stage Think they had to put in some additional temporary propping to try and reduce it. Think there was talk of them suing the designer at one stage, serves them right for going to a small 'celtic minded' outfit to design it.

The main support structure to the stand will almost certainly have been piled through the superficials to a solid foundation. Even taking account of its age, it is highly likely any mine working would have been grouted up beforehand. Contamination in the upper soils will probably not have been dealt with as effectively as would be done today, but they will be effectively encapsulated by the floor of the stand, which I'm presuming is concrete. If they are sitting on contaminated soils, it will probably be in their interests to leave well alone and not disturb it.

My recollection from way back is that they had an issue with excessive deflection of the stands cantilever roof from an early stage Think they had to put in some additional temporary propping to try and reduce it. Think there was talk of them suing the designer at one stage, serves them right for going to a small 'celtic minded' outfit to design it.

The stand roof has retractable supports which are almost permanently lowered, they are only raised when a match is being played.

The stand roof has retractable supports which are almost permanently lowered, they are only raised when a match is being played.

Long time since I've been to Parkhead but thought they had something like this. Wouldn't have been the original design intent though.

Long time since I've been to Parkhead but thought they had something like this. Wouldn't have been the original design intent though.

Even their North Stand has supports all the way along its length, a few rows from the back. Whether this is related to the fact that this is the part which overhangs the cemetery behind, or if it was just a cheap design, I have no idea.

Looks like Mr Coleman has been at it again

A TOP councillor gave a company a s1million contract without mentioning that he was one of their directors.

And Glasgow City Council deputy leader Jim Coleman now faces an investigation by watchdogs.

Coleman sits on the board of the Wise Group, who run training projects for the jobless.

But he didn't declare an interest to his colleagues on the council's executive committee before they gave Wise s1million of taxpayers' cash to take over a community service scheme for fine defaulters.

Coleman says he didn't mention the directorship because Wise don't pay him and he was appointed to their board by the council.

But Glasgow's SNP opposition are demanding "firm and decisive action" over the row.

The Nats' deputy leader on the council, Billy McAllister, said: "Councillor Coleman appears to be in breach of the councillors' code of conduct.

"This should be investigated as a matter of urgency."

McAllister vowed to report Coleman to the Standards Commission, the body who probe claims of wrongdoing by councillors.

Coleman, 62, was acting chairman of the executive committee when the Wise Group deal was nodded through on January 23.

Rival firm Apex Scotland, who had been running the training scheme, are set to make 15 staff redundant after their bid to keep the contract failed.

The Standards Commission say unpaid interests should be declared when a reasonable member of the public would consider that they could "unduly influence the councillor".

The watchdogs also say appointments to non-council bodies should be declared "unless the interest would be regarded as irrelevant or insignificant".

But Coleman, who represents Baillieston in the city's east end, said he was "quite comfortable" that he had acted properly over the contract. He told the Record: "I'm appointed to Wise by the council. I don't get any pay or anything.

"If I had got paid, I think it would have been wise to declare an interest. But it was my judgment that I did not need to."

Coleman insisted he did not influence the decision to give the contract to Wise.

"There was no discussion", he said. "The committee just put it through."

Coleman has been on the council since 1988 and is known for his fight to have lap-dancing clubs licensed as sex shops. He says the clubs exploit women and harm Glasgow's reputation.

He sits on several other outside bodies, including Glasgow Community Planning Ltd, Glasgow East Regeneration Agency and the city's NHS Board.

A council spokesman said it was up to members to decide whether to declare interests. He added: "It should be remembered that Councillor Coleman has a non-financial interest and was appointed to the position by the Council."

The Wise Group added: "Councillor Coleman does not receive any remuneration or expenses in his role as a director."

The Wise Group has won quite a few Scottish Government contracts over the years....

PZJ will be holding a meeting with UKIP Chairwoman Caroline Santos in the near future, she seems keen enough to bring these bastards to justice and challenge every single thing that's happened, she's willing to do what no party has bothered their arse to do.

Yeh , seen that CB , she also says she is prepared for the abuse she will receive from yahoos. We need a few more like her , p.s. Nice tits on her twitter photo.

Yeh , seen that CB , she also says she is prepared for the abuse she will receive from yahoos. We need a few more like her , p.s. Nice tits on her twitter photo.

I told John to get in there and give her one :thumbup: he said business trip only lol, i'd fucking hammer her any day lol.

:pics:

After being a Labour voter all my life, right now there is not a hope in hell that I'll be giving the Scottish Labour Party my vote ever again unless it is sanatized from head to toe. I will be looking for a new party to put my cross against.

Actions like this from UKIP could very well be the making of that party.

If Caroline Santos is true to her word and goes after these bastards I will support her and her party. :thumbup:

:pics:

After being a Labour voter all my life, right now there is not a hope in hell that I'll be giving the Scottish Labour Party my vote ever again unless it is sanatized from head to toe. I will be looking for a new party to put my cross against.

Actions like this from UKIP could very well be the making of that party.

If Caroline Santos is true to her word and goes after these bastards I will support her and her party. :thumbup:

I hear you bro.