European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Don't think it will be a verdict. Just an announcement about whether or not there is enough evidence to launch a formal enquiry into them. If they do, it will drag in for a long time to come. Even if they are eventually found guilty, we are a long way away from any action being taken against them.

I agree and although it can't be used as evidence I hope the cheap deals regarding the streets around the piggery will be looked at to demonstrate how far back the collusion between GCC and sellick actually goes.

That's news about the old school. Is that at the same information gathering stage or is it an official EC investigation?

With all things considered the EC just might have their scalp.

I agree and although it can't be used as evidence I hope the cheap deals regarding the streets around the piggery will be looked at to demonstrate how far back the collusion between GCC and sellick actually goes.

That's news about the old school. Is that at the same information gathering stage or is it an official EC investigation?

With all things considered the EC just might have their scalp.

said it was someone in Scottish government for state aid confirmed it

...Wonder what the possible punishments might be for state aid...I would reckon first and foremost the monies fraudulently taken from the good folks of Glasgow paid back with interest immediately...secondly a three or four year ban from European competition and a heavy fine from UEFA...Thirdly Lord Nimmo Smith should dust of his wig and investigate how much of an unfair advantage was gained with regards to domestic completion and which titles and cups should be stripped...Fourth...if and when state aid is proved the SFA must move quickly to hand out appropriate punishments for cheating(The rest of Scottish football would demand it in the name of sporting integrity)...these punishments must include heavy fines....transfer embargos and demotion nothing less would do..

...Wonder what the possible punishments might be for state aid...I would reckon first and foremost the monies fraudulently taken from the good folks of Glasgow paid back with interest immediately...secondly a three or four year ban from European competition and a heavy fine from UEFA...Thirdly Lord Nimmo Smith should dust of his wig and investigate how much of an unfair advantage was gained with regards to domestic completion and which titles and cups should be stripped...Fourth...if and when state aid is proved the SFA must move quickly to hand out appropriate punishments for cheating(The rest of Scottish football would demand it in the name of sporting integrity)...these punishments must include heavy fines....transfer embargos and demotion nothing less would do..

Can we get a fat sweaty tomato faced lawyer to be a low level paper gatherer?

A while back I had posted that I thought that the land deals story might take off around 2015/16 when the true costs would be revealed anlong with who really benefited. However afte reading the news that the cost of the opening/closing ceremonies has gone up by 49% to £21m I wonder if folk will start to look a bit ore closely at where the cash I going before the games. Makes you wonder how they've worked the demolition of the Red Road flats into that figure and what else has bee snuck in under the radar.

dummiesoot - "Can we get a fat sweaty tomato faced lawyer to be a low level paper gatherer?"

If this thing runs its full course I think the person you mean may have a few problems to worry about regarding his own involvement.

His firm are also appointed as "official lawyers to the Glasgow Commonwealth games". They never shut up about it and are doing the lot. Fingers in every pie.

Saw on a tweet last night a list of things that constitute state aid and one I didn't know about was this.

Getting preferential loan rates .

Now if this is true then the scum should be found guilty no questions asked. Can anyone confirm if this is true

Also the latest from vanguard bears stating gcc gave the scum permission to build a new ticket office on land they don't own when this is against planning rules as you have to own land before you get permission to build anything on it

Saw on a tweet last night a list of things that constitute state aid and one I didn't know about was this.

Getting preferential loan rates .

Now if this is true then the scum should be found guilty no questions asked. Can anyone confirm if this is true

Also the latest from vanguard bears stating gcc gave the scum permission to build a new ticket office on land they don't own when this is against planning rules as you have to own land before you get permission to build anything on it

It is not strictly true that you have to actually own land before getting permission to build upon it. You can lease land rather than own it, or conclude the deal to lease or purchase after getting the permission (normally of course land with permission is worth far more than land without....)

It is not strictly true that you have to actually own land before getting permission to build upon it. You can lease land rather than own it, or conclude the deal to lease or purchase after getting the permission (normally of course land with permission is worth far more than land without....)

I'm sure some of the issues around the land is that GCC don't actually know who owns it.

It's highly likely that sellick know who it is but are not letting on so they get to keep it. We know how they like to hide little dirty secrets.

One of my colleagues was in at parkhead at the start of the week and was told straight from the horses mouth that the work getting done at the front of the piggery is not costing them a penny. All getting paid for by the commonwealth games i.e yours and my hard earned

Make you fuckin sick

I would like to know what money Hampden and Ibrox is getting

One of my colleagues was in at parkhead at the start of the week and was told straight from the horses mouth that the work getting done at the front of the piggery is not costing them a penny. All getting paid for by the commonwealth games i.e yours and my hard earned

Make you fuckin sick

Hampden has had a shitload of money spent on the North Stand.

I'm sure some of the issues around the land is that GCC don't actually know who owns it.

It's highly likely that sellick know who it is but are not letting on so they get to keep it. We know how they like to hide little dirty secrets.

They don't need to let on, the land register tells you who owns land

Make you fuckin sick

None as its against all the Rules.

Who the fuck in this shitty little Country is gonna stand up to them?