European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

"Come gather round Timmigrants, where ever you roam.

And accept that the waters around you have grown,

And accept that soon you'll be drenched to the bone,

As the battle outside is ragin,

It'll rattle your windows and shatter your doors,

For the times they are a changin."

I don't think Mr Zimmerman will mind that i changed a word (however distasteful) in his little ditty. :7325:

PS sorry double post.

Initial 'punishment' would be a return of the outstanding balance between the purchase cost and true valuation, plus interest. Add to that the UEFA investigation which would follow as to the 'unfair' advantage they received, due to receiving State-Aid, over other European teams. This could result in a demand for the return of all CL monies received during the years they are found guilty of receiving the state-aid.

There would then have to be an investigation by the SFA/SPFL, to decide if they had any 'Sporting Advantage' as a result of their 'illegal' state-aid.

Then, seeing as their Share-value has changed due to the unfair financial deals they received from the Co-op/Labour Party, they would have to be investigated by the AIM, which could result in their shares being suspended.

Other than that, not a lot :lol:

All the while, starting life again in the 3rd Division

Oh how we can hope

"What could be the outcome of this?

Is it a SFA docking points, a fine, paying fare value for the land, all three"

Considering that the lynch mob fronted by sometime lawyer, sometime low level paper gatherer Fat Rod proposed the loss of titles and trophies for charges of cheating and financial doping that were made against Rangers. Charges that their own investigation proved to be false, I would say that a precedent a been set as to the punishments they should face. If it was proven that they have benefited from these deals I would indeed be a form of financial doping that would have given them a financial benefit on the pitch.

The land deals are probably correctly the main focus, but GCC should be looked at right down the number of functions they have at Parkhead and wether or not market rates were paid for the use of those facilities.

The Education department specifically. Conference spend in 12 months was near 100K. Guess who got nearly 99K of that? ...c'mon. Guess!

And while this all rumbles on we can call them all the cheats under the sun etc.

I like my revenge ice cold.

Perhaps the sweetest aspect of all.

How many times have we, collectively and individually, had to have "cheat" thrown at us?

If we do nothing else while the wheels of justice are turning, we must, from this point onward refer to Celtic simply as "cheats"

Great point BNB :)

"What could be the outcome of this?

Is it a SFA docking points, a fine, paying fare value for the land, all three"

Considering that the lynch mob fronted by sometime lawyer, sometime low level paper gatherer Fat Rod proposed the loss of titles and trophies for charges of cheating and financial doping that were made against Rangers. Charges that their own investigation proved to be false, I would say that a precedent a been set as to the punishments they should face. If it was proven that they have benefited from these deals I would indeed be a form of financial doping that would have given them a financial benefit on the pitch.

Exactly.

Had this come out before our issues NOTHING would have been done. But they made a rod for their own backs, precedents have been set. Standards defined...

Why else did the scum hire a new fandango litigation lawyer not that long ago...

The very least that should happen is us paying for a huge billboard and making the public aware of where their tax pounds are going.... That would make the press. Just maybe not in fat Sam's rhepublican black hole to oblivion

Bheast make official statement:

"IN response to stories in today’s media concerning Celtic the club has released the following statement.

‘Celtic Football Club operates to the highest standards and with the utmost integrity. At a time when the Club is committed to investing in and improving areas around Celtic Park, not only for Celtic supporters but for the benefit of the local community, it is sad that these baseless accusations have been raised with the European Commission.

´Any suggestion that Celtic has been the beneficiary of state aid is preposterous - as ludicrous as any suggestion that we have benefited from soft loans from our bankers. The historic transactions referred to were negotiated with the Council on commercial terms at market rates.

´The Club will assist the Commission fully with the process and will not be deterred from our work to improve our local area."´

Looks like their delegation could not persuade the Eurpean Commision not to take this further, sound like investigation underway!!!

The Education department specifically. Conference spend in 12 months was near 100K. Guess who got nearly 99K of that? ...c'mon. Guess!

Glasgow education department hire out rooms at Parkhead and Ibrox . I went to several in each involving teacher training and with weans who were on learning programmes.

I'm surprised there's so much difference in those costs.

How does it break down...........is there a link ?

ta

Bheast make official statement:

"IN response to stories in today’s media concerning Celtic the club has released the following statement.

‘Celtic Football Club operates to the highest standards and with the utmost integrity. At a time when the Club is committed to investing in and improving areas around Celtic Park, not only for Celtic supporters but for the benefit of the local community, it is sad that these baseless accusations have been raised with the European Commission.

´Any suggestion that Celtic has been the beneficiary of state aid is preposterous - as ludicrous as any suggestion that we have benefited from soft loans from our bankers. The historic transactions referred to were negotiated with the Council on commercial terms at market rates.

´The Club will assist the Commission fully with the process and will not be deterred from our work to improve our local area."´

Looks like their delegation could not persuade the Eurpean Commision not to take this further, sound like investigation underway!!!

Well you wouldn't expect them to admit it, somehow they will make themselves appear victims.

I'd advise any Bear making a big deal about this and who have a decent sized following be very careful, I read a bit there and it looks like they've got all their bases covered so just be careful, don't want any Bears being targeted for slander

Well you wouldn't expect them to admit it, somehow they will make themselves appear victims.

Agree mate, however this is now getting out into the public domain, harder to sweep sweep and with the European Commision looking at this they have lost control regarding any outcome on these issues.