European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Being a bit thick... What does this mean?

The suggestion seems to be that Dermot Desmond was the guarantor on a £15,000,000 overdraft facility. When this stopped being the case, Westhorn was used as security instead, but Celtic paid significantly less for the land.

The suggestion seems to be that Dermot Desmond was the guarantor on a £15,000,000 overdraft facility. When this stopped being the case, Westhorn was used as security instead, but Celtic paid significantly less for the land.

Gotcha. Right dodgy as feck indeed.

I will be happy if the 120 day plan offers anything constructive for us to take the club forward. I really hope im wrong but i have this feeling that it will be spin followed by a helping of bullshit.

I will be happy if the 120 day plan offers anything constructive for us to take the club forward. I really hope im wrong but i have this feeling that it will be spin followed by a helping of bullshit.

Likewise and the tarriers will have fuck all come of this either

That'd be as well being in Swahili it means fuck all to me :lol:

GCC had reduced the size of land to 6.5 acres before they got the size of the blast zone from the health and safety executive. Celtic got all the land but only paid for 6.5acres of it.

GCC had reduced the size of land to 6.5 acres before they got the size of the blast zone from the health and safety executive. Celtic got all the land but only paid for 6.5acres of it.

I sincerely hope that they can't wriggle out of this! I hope they get their comeuppance

jintybear - "I sincerely hope that they can't wriggle out of this! I hope they get their comeuppance"

Likewise, however I get the feeling that they may get away with it in the short term. The problem they have is this story isn't going to go away and even if they don't get hit this time round it doesn't mean that they can't face a reinvestigation at a later date if new evidence is produced. I also believe that there will probably be more damming revelations document wise further down the road due to the fact that even the GCC have to operate within legal guidelines when it comes to keeping transaction records.

Let's say somebody or group of people were to try an cover something over in one area it will tend to be exposed due to close examination of associated documentation from other areas internal or external of the record system.

jintybear - "I sincerely hope that they can't wriggle out of this! I hope they get their comeuppance"

Likewise, however I get the feeling that they may get away with it in the short term. The problem they have is this story isn't going to go away and even if they don't get hit this time round it doesn't mean that they can't face a reinvestigation at a later date if new evidence is produced. I also believe that there will probably be more damming revelations document wise further down the road due to the fact that even the GCC have to operate within legal guidelines when it comes to keeping transaction records.

Let's say somebody or group of people were to try an cover something over in one area it will tend to be exposed due to close examination of associated documentation from other areas internal or external of the record system.

Well that group will not be the UoF of any of the affiliates, they are too busy trying to get hold of Ibrox and Ed house.

This scandal, and make no mistake because that is what it is, should be front page news.

Ask yourself why it isn't?

Is it because it will prejudice any pending legal case?

Doubtful because we were all over the front pages and banded as guilty before our tribunal win.

The BBC webpage in Scotland is not even talking about it but the UK version is. Even if it is just focusing on the banking irregularities.

Now at the end of the day nothing illegal may have happened...immoral perhaps.

So why aren't our "impartial" media even asking questions about these deals?

Paranoid...you bet i am.

This scandal, and make no mistake because that is what it is, should be front page news.

Ask yourself why it isn't?

Is it because it will prejudice any pending legal case?

Doubtful because we were all over the front pages and banded as guilty before our tribunal win.

The BBC webpage in Scotland is not even talking about it but the UK version is. Even if it is just focusing on the banking irregularities.

Now at the end of the day nothing illegal may have happened...immoral perhaps.

So why aren't our "impartial" media even asking questions about these deals?

Paranoid...you bet i am.

On the rhadio phone ins any time it has been mentioned the response is laughably "Celtic say they haven't done anything wrong so we're not talking about it"

On the rhadio phone ins any time it has been mentioned the response is laughably "Celtic say they haven't done anything wrong so we're not talking about it"

Controlled by ....Delahunt or Spiers or Cosgrove.

FFS they are all on message regarding this.

Murray said they had done no wrong with the EBT's but it still didn't stop those poisonous bigoted bastards doing everything in their power to hammer us before the verdict was even known.

They are NOT reporting it because the scandal goes much much deeper than just Celtic FC. Potentially this has the ability to bring down the council and has ramifications for the Government as well.

There are serious questions and allegations that need answered but the Scottish Media are not touching this....and that comes straight from the mouth of a journalist friend of mine.