McCoist told to cut the Football wage bill

Boab

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No none of that. Although EH is sitting empty and will be for the forseeable future.

I'd probably start with Jack Irvine & MediaHouse. We have 3 PR companies. Non-first team wages is around the £10m mark, is that all necessary?

It is going to be a balancing act across the board as you say. I do trust Wallace & Nash to get it right however.

Aye we defo need to streamline things like having three pr companies if true - just find the right one that defends the club and fans and stick with it

I wonder who this unnamed club spokesman is ? And has the leaks from the boardroom started again. Why would we announce this to the haters at the BBC or is this another case of journalist speculation ? The board need to make announcements like this on the official club website in future.

Is it just me or am i alone in thinking the likes of Wallace, Law etc will be sold now?

I doubt Law. Maybe Wallace if a good bid came in.

It will be mostly the likes if Templeton, Shiels, Cribari ect the ones on big money who don't play every week.

Comes down to the board IMO. They sanctioned the signings, now they are making cuts.

They are not running the club effectively. Ally may have signed 'shite' but it comes down to the budget the board give him- they at any time- could have blocked signings.

And have McCoist moan at his jolly press conferences the board are not backing him and have all his wee super ally lapdogs in the support turn on the board for not backing him?

McCoist is a very intelligent man he knows exactly how to get people on his side

Comes down to the board IMO. They sanctioned the signings, now they are making cuts.

They are not running the club effectively. Ally may have signed 'shite' but it comes down to the budget the board give him- they at any time- could have blocked signings.

There was a suggestion that Faure was signed because of a particular former board member.

What's the suggestion/story there?

I can't remember exactly and I'm not on my laptop to have a dig about for the story but there was something which suggested faure was signed as a result of Green and wasn't someone highlighted by Neil Murray or the coaching staff. I wasn't totally convinced at the time but nothing surprises me when incomes to Rangers these days.

The guy Wallace sounds the business. Wish we had him in at the start. Why was the wage bill allowed to get out of control like that?

And for all that dosh we've got a style of football that is basic at best and completely outdated at worst.

I can't remember exactly and I'm not on my laptop to have a dig about for the story but there was something which suggested faure was signed as a result of Green and wasn't someone highlighted by Neil Murray or the coaching staff. I wasn't totally convinced at the time but nothing surprises me when incomes to Rangers these days.

No proof ever presented of course

I think most would have been happy with us signing the likes of Law, Bell, Mohnsi.

If it came out the board blocked the signing of Ricky Foster etc, would people really be that upset? I know I'm using hindsight, but as long as the squad was improved in a few key areas I don't think many would moan.

Mind you, some moan for the sake of moaning...

It would have definitely caused some moaning. Doesn't matter what happens at Rangers some have a moan. Fuck I remember folk pissing and complaining about the most ridiculous things in the build up to Manchester.

Ain't you a confused one, this current board never sanctioned ally's budget one member maybe was involved but not this board. So this board is trying to cut the costs for a reason