McCoist told to cut the Football wage bill

Boab

I think in the summer of 18 months ago we phoned as many free agents as possible and got them in for a trial.

That's how I remember it, however Green getting in touch with agents for trials etc is vastly different from claims that he signed players over the manager's head.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And even if he was, Faure's been our best signing from that summer! :lol:

I'm actually a big fan of his. He came through Lyons system and was a constant in France's sides up to u21. The boys got something. He just needs a consistent run and a bit more consistency and he'll do well.

I'm actually a big fan of his. He came through Lyons system and was a constant in France's sides up to u21. The boys got something. He just needs a consistent run and a bit more consistency and he'll do well.

Aye at Centre Half. Him & Moshni have the potential to be our first choice CH's for the next 5 years.

Needs must. And rightly so

An odd article mind you. We knew this already, did we not? BBC just wanting some hits?

Think we put it out, need to show shareholders action is being taken after a poor day trading. Although price rallied later in the day :-)

I think most would have been happy with us signing the likes of Law, Bell, Mohnsi.

If it came out the board blocked the signing of Ricky Foster etc, would people really be that upset? I know I'm using hindsight, but as long as the squad was improved in a few key areas I don't think many would moan.

Mind you, some moan for the sake of moaning...

I wouldn't have been upset but there was people who thought signing Smith and Foster was great - usual terms like experienced and versatile etc

Guys like them and others would have happily used sided with McCoist (in this hypothetical situation) and accused the board of not backing him

Comes down to the board IMO. They sanctioned the signings, now they are making cuts.

They are not running the club effectively. Ally may have signed 'shite' but it comes down to the budget the board give him- they at any time- could have blocked signings.

To be fair, it was pretty much a different board that sanctioned the signings, to the one we have now.

So what should our financial director, Brian Stockbridge be doing?

Making sure the club is running within the budgets set by the board.

Looking for ways to save money, and make more money, dealing with the sponsors and investors.

Stuff like that.

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion based on posts I have seen, and things I have read. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Brian sits on the board- he has professional insight. He deals with figures day-in, day-out so it should be up to him to report back to the board to provide feedback on the financial performance. This in turn leads to the budget Ally recieves.

Fair enough, remember that he is/was only one board member and could have been outvoted on any issue at any time. But I do see where you are coming from, he will almost certainly have given his recommendation on what the playing budget should be, that does not automatically mean that his recommendation will have been the number finally agreed on by the board.

I have seen a good few people ( who are way smarter than me on all this stuff) say that the FD can be overruled at any point.

For all we know ( and none of us actually know) BS might have advised against that size of playing budget, or advised against some of the signings/wages.

Can't believe that freestater shite was glossed over so easily. If its not that, its some big 20 page celtic thread in the bears den, what has RM came to?

Shut the fuck up ya wee grassing bastard

You grassed Bears at Ibrox you shouldn't even be here to complain ya stuck up wee arse bolt