Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

If I were on £7.5k a week as Blackie is, I'd accept a 15% reduction in wages. In fact I'd accept in a year what he earns in three weeks.

I smell greed in the air above Edmiston Drive and that includes the coaching staff.

Don't be ridiculous. Greed would be downing tools demanding increases, expecting the club to honour agreed contracts is hardly greedy.

Weren't the non playing wages somewhere in the region of 10m? A 15% cut would see us turning a good profit.

I have no issue with this after having been put in a position where the company I worked for informed us we had to reduce costs by 10%. My suggestion was we all took a 10% wage cut but the greedy bassas I worked with all took the gamble rather than reduce their wages. I had no sympathy when they received their notice. Cuts should be across the whole company. You don't want to take the wage cut then so be it. Unfortunately the players contracts cant be terminated in the same way as the normal employees contracts.Perhaps if they had to make their own lunch, wash their own kits, drive their own cars to games or make an appointment at a GPs after an injury they would change their mind.

If I were on £7.5k a week as Blackie is, I'd accept a 15% reduction in wages. In fact I'd accept in a year what he earns in three weeks.

I smell greed in the air above Edmiston Drive and that includes the coaching staff.

Is he? Any source for that? I've seen it claimed everything from 4k-8k pw that Black earns.

It would be very beneficial if every Director at the Club took a 20% wage cut. We should also be asking every other employee to take a 15% wage cut and if it isn't accepted lay off 15% of the staff.

Yeah let's demand the staff on minimum wage to work for less and then sack them if they don't. :pipe:

In the third tier of Scottish football I think £7.5k a week is excessive, even for Balckie, Wallace and Jig. We let Alexander go because he was on £10k a week and he refused £5k reduction in wages, a week.

Of course it excessive I agree. Anyone that suggest different is talking shit. I mean we are playing against players that no doubt car pool to save on fuel money and ours are driving Audi's.

Sadly what we think is excessive is irrelevant

How is Ally a "big" part of the problem. Its not his fault the club is not sustainable. He is not the one that agrees the contracts or set budgets.

Naw he identifies players he wants, players like foster, smith, Cribari, etc.

Could of played youth that was already here but no. He's a chequebook manager

Havin calmed doon a bit since the announcement.. I blame BS however my main point is this

Come April as things stand we will have a million left in the bank from the IPO. Thats isn't enough money to see us through the 6-8 week close season. So if we can make it that we are only losing 200k to 300k pm that is far better also ST money most of which could then be banked instead of relaying on it all to run the club when we have no match day income..

IF we dont make these cuts people admin 2 is months away.. Thats the facts of the matter

Havin calmed doon a bit since the announcement.. I blame BS however my main point is this

Come April as things stand we will have a million left in the bank from the IPO. Thats isn't enough money to see us through the 6-8 week close season. So if we can make it that we are only losing 200k to 300k pm that is far better also ST money most of which could then be banked instead of relaying on it all to run the club when we have no match day income..

IF we dont make these cuts people admin 2 is months away.. Thats the facts of the matter

Thank god your here to fill is all in, eh?

Naw he identifies players he wants, players like foster, smith, Cribari, etc.

Could of played youth that was already here but no. He's a chequebook manager

That must be the 1st time someone has described a chequebook manager and pointed to free transfers to prove a point.

Youth players we have are not good enough

How is Ally a "big" part of the problem. Its not his fault the club is not sustainable. He is not the one that agrees the contracts or set budgets.

Does McCoist really need the players he signed? He's partly to blame although our previous CEO should have just told him no.