Why the panic?

EatDolphins

Apparently that Neil drysdale of stv has apparently just posted on Facebook "rangers could be in admin within the next few days" don't have Facebook and don't know who this guy is but can anyone confirm? Tbh al believe it when the club says it. Still don't see how admin is even possible.

Yet you felt the need to post this tripe.

Even if this no mark from stv has posted this on facebook, all you have done is given the loser a platform, which is all he wants.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently that Neil drysdale of stv has apparently just posted on Facebook "rangers could be in admin within the next few days" don't have Facebook and don't know who this guy is but can anyone confirm? Tbh al believe it when the club says it. Still don't see how admin is even possible.

Rangers could be in admin in several days. So could every club and business up and down the country.

Folk need to look at what minimal has happened today and consider how it has turned into this shitstorm.

I'm genuinely not surprised the board want to get on with their work without communicating with the fans if this is the automatic reaction and on the whole over the top response to making an attempt to cut costs

But it's the perfect opportunity for some Timmy's to put some spin on it and make us look like f###ing idiots as they always do.

And the Mhedia turn it up a notch then our support start to panic.

Almost a daily occurrence now,and we continue to fall for it.

Just ignore the timmys, they believe a virgin had a baby and an auld man has a hot line to God............who are the idiots?

Just ignore the timmys, they believe a virgin had a baby and an auld man has a hot line to God............who are the idiots?

That's my point mate and agree 100% we get bullshit stories every week about. Our club and people still get worked up over them?

The Crazies(Timmy) are out in force and have been for some time.they're just firing another shot at us as we're an easy target just now for plenty of reasons :(

The truth of the matter is no one bar the board has any clue about our finances. Every single thing from the "here comes admin" brigade to the "it's all part of the plan" brigade is just utter speculation. Until the club says anything, no one knows jack shit

I'm not panicked, I'm not happy we've got into the position where we need to consider paycuts, but then again, we've been down this road for a while now.

I'm going to wait a while, see if any statement from the club is released, or if any new information comes out about it, and not just the papers rehashing this story over and over again, like they keep filling out their non-stories with 'Rangers reported an operating loss of £14.4m over a 13 month period'

My first thought when I read this was 'Shame, it would have been a show of solidarity' - but I definitely didn't think 'shit, admin is round the corner'

I get that it's once bitten, twice shy, but I don't see any need to lose our heads over this just yet.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Is it just to do with players being asked to take a 15% wage cut? I hope that any reports of us being weeks away from admin are not true. I'm beginning to wonder if these stories aren't put out there, to take heat away from The Dodgy Land Deals.

Personally I am pleased to hear that Wallace has not waited 120 days before starting to address the imbalance between expenditure and income. We have all known that the club is losing money on a monthly basis for sometime. The business is not sustainable as a basic operation. There is a lot of hope that someone like King will ride in and throw cash at us and therefore all our problems will disappear and we will quickly be back at the top stopping Celtic in their tracks and playing European football. But that is no certainty and Wallace has to operate with the situation as it is. Therefore there does have to be sweeping cuts, even if that means we stop winning games, for as things stand we will not have a Club unless significant cuts are made. With cuts come pain. But let's not shoot the messenger- Wallace is doing his job.

And if in the the future a King type figure arrives on the scene the Club will be a tighter ship, and one in which the unpleasant dirty work of getting everything properly shipshape has been already achieved. At such a time any injection of cash would then be able to be used to drive the club forward rather than plug gaping holes. Long may Wallace continue.

Personally I am pleased to hear that Wallace has not waited 120 days before starting to address the imbalance between expenditure and income. We have all known that the club is losing money on a monthly basis for sometime. The business is not sustainable as a basic operation. There is a lot of hope that someone like King will ride in and throw cash at us and therefore all our problems will disappear and we will quickly be back at the top stopping Celtic in their tracks and playing European football. But that is no certainty and Wallace has to operate with the situation as it is. Therefore there does have to be sweeping cuts, even if that means we stop winning games, for as things stand we will not have a Club unless significant cuts are made. With cuts come pain. But let's not shoot the messenger- Wallace is doing his job.

And if in the the future a King type figure arrives on the scene the Club will be a tighter ship, and one in which the unpleasant dirty work of getting everything properly shipshape has been already achieved. At such a time any injection of cash would then be able to be used to drive the club forward rather than plug gaping holes. Long may Wallace continue.

Well said --- lots written about player wage cuts but I am sure Wallace is planning more that a one-dimentional strategy to cut costs.

Good post mate. My concern is that with cuts bringing the possibility of not winning games and worse football being played, the panic from sections of the support will be intensified, people will not accept Rangers struggling, and will feel humiliated. If that continues you may see protests or even boycotts

Im glad its been done and discussed. The players shouldn't ever have been offered ridiculous terms in the lower divisions. It should be bonus related. The manager has got a really bad eye for a player and shouldn't been allowed to sign them. Every player except Wallace thats signed under mccoist has gone backwards or just been shite. Theres too many senior players that dont even make the bench or injured frequently.

A shambles that will cause abit of pain and dissapointment to fix. Im just glad its wallace running the show and some handwringer like bain

Good post mate. My concern is that with cuts bringing the possibility of not winning games and worse football being played, the panic from sections of the support will be intensified, people will not accept Rangers struggling, and will feel humiliated. If that continues you may see protests or even boycotts

the flamin st mirren manager could have us playing miles better football than being served up. Still cheaper than the current coaches. Hamilton partick all have a reasonable successful model based on good football and promoting youth. With a few extra quid then who knows what these managers a capable of.

the flamin st mirren manager could have us playing miles better football than being served up. Still cheaper than the current coaches. Hamilton partick all have a reasonable successful model based on good football and promoting youth. With a few extra quid then who knows what these managers a capable of.

Agree with most of that, not sure it's directly relevant to what I said though?

dont like to be the bearer of bad news but if we are askin the players to take a 15% wage cut which in no way they were going to accept then something else is going to have to give. Mr Wallace knows that fine well. We can only pray that impending doom is not upon us and Wallace and co have something up their sleeves. The past is the past but all this shows how ridiculous it was to see guys like green/ahmed and co walkin away with millions whilst at the same time for some unkown reason they were signing up players on big money which we could never sustain. I fear these players were brought in mainly to facilitate some anonymous backers cuts on agents fees.

Was talking about those on here who backed the previous board to the hilt, of course cuts have to be fucking made, I wonder why that is?

your right and for some reason most on this board supported the previous board to the hilt. They are in the past now so cant cry over spilt milk but i hope guys like green and co will be shown the relevant disrespect in the future as aposed to the ridiculous "he saved our club" mantra

I don't think that panicking is that unreasonable actually, given the news. We were all aware that cuts were to be made, there are standard ways for that to happen, trying to move on valuable players or just ones that are too expensive. Drawing the playing staff together and inquiring around salary reductions is not a normal thing for a club to do to cut costs. It is something that happens where there is an urgent cash flow problem, hence the panic.

If this was just exploratory then it has been handled very badly by the club. And whether or not anyone chooses to panic we should all be concerned.

I don't think that panicking is that unreasonable actually, given the news. We were all aware that cuts were to be made, there are standard ways for that to happen, trying to move on valuable players or just ones that are too expensive. Drawing the playing staff together and inquiring around salary reductions is not a normal thing for a club to do to cut costs. It is something that happens where there is an urgent cash flow problem, hence the panic.

If this was just exploratory then it has been handled very badly by the club. And whether or not anyone chooses to panic we should all be concerned.

It hasn't really been handled very bad by the club has it? The club never went running to the press with the story, someone did though.

There's a difference between being concerned and panicking though. Pretty sure everyone's concerned here

You know, if we actually filled the stadoium on a fortnightly basis instead of threatening boycotts.....

With the home games left in the Cup and the League, it is highly feasible we could bring in an extra million if we all actually turned up for the games, bought the pies, etc. That would help the finances, would it not? It would definitely fucking help cash flow!

You know, if we actually filled the stadoium on a fortnightly basis instead of threatening boycotts.....

With the home games left in the Cup and the League, it is highly feasible we could bring in an extra million if we all actually turned up for the games, bought the pies, etc. That would help the finances, would it not? It would definitely fucking help cash flow!

SUPPORT the club? Are you crazy!