Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

On our bus, only 10% back Ally.

Out of my mates/boys at work who rarely go to games, majority back Ally.

Its obvious who go to the games and who watch them on the links here every week but may go the odd game when it suits.

No dig just obvious as the lads that are moaning are the boys going home and away then expressing what they think but the link me the game people are experts.

Blackybear summed it up.

The last Dutchman we had at the helm had us playing silky football so that was my basis, and the spanish 1 is Martinez (Everton) and poticheno(learnt his trade in spain) at Southampton have their teams playing good football.

Or stick with what we got until he fcecks it up next year with the worst football ever seen at Ibrox and probably the worst we will ever see.

Are we forgetting that Rangers are a massive club and we could get a top manager in easy enough. I would be happy if we went for an ex world class player the way Swansea did by appointing Laudrup. We are still a top job for managers.

It stands to reason that with the worst set of players we've ever had we'd be playing the worst football. Surely you didn't expect anything else?

Its obvious who go to the games and who watch them on the links here every week but may go the odd game when it suits.

No dig just obvious as the lads that are moaning are the boys going home and away then expressing what they think but the link me the game people are experts.

Blackybear summed it up.

More unsubstantiated nonsense. Also, are you seriously trying to say that the only ones that come across as if they think they are experts are the 'pro Ally' people? And that the antis are 'expressing what they think' (you imply they are reasonable) yet pros are 'experts' (which you are clearly saying with derision). All you are doing is trying to find ways of belittling anyone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you.

Seems like it.

We're on a fantastic run. Winning games, Scoring goals, 23 points ahead, closing in on promotion with a cup final to look forward to.

But no, lets not enjoy it, lets get everyone fighting by slating the manager and backroom staff.

Exactly what the media/opposition wants. (tu)

I agree with your points mate , but lets not get carried away ,our style of play and performance are a cause for concern

Blackybear summed it up.

Plenty of season ticket holders, myself included back Ally. If you are such an uber fan and yous are in the majority why not protest to get Ally out? If you are the majority the Club will have to listen. Go on....

Plenty of season ticket holders, myself included back Ally. If you are such an uber fan and yous are in the majority why not protest to get Ally out? If you are the majority the Club will have to listen. Go on....

Spot on

More nonsense from the Ally oot brigade - goes like this - if you support Ally you don't go to games , are a member of the blue order or only get your info online. But the. Again the same lot will post rumour as fact - complains that any achievement that anyone could do it ~ and ignore any under lying conditions me admin , constant change and In fighting

The only fans holding back the club are the ones who bought tickets for home games last season, but not this one.

Fans have got to support the club financially and that means buying tickets, me I've missed a couple games this winter, but being a ST holder it doesn't matter.

Ally is a nice guy who is every body's pal and that's hardly an attribute to being a manager of a team of our standing.

What's he going to do when we return to the top flight and get turned over by a decent team, have a laugh with the boys?

Any one who supporfs Ally as manager doesn't go to games or is a member of the blue order - apparently

Why are you replying to me? What part of I'm not interested in anything you have to say don't you understand. Now fuck off.

I just realized why I get angry at threads like this, it's like people are attacking my team, I'm just not finding the constructive criticism easy to take. I see all these people saying we will struggle against full time teams, well the Pars are a full time team and our direct competition, we played them twice and both times they were defeated, can we take anything from that, when we beat them in the Scottish cup can we take anything from that.

There appears to be two main arguments about Ally, once section is willing to support him the other has no faith in his ability as a manager.  

With no bias and no agenda we have to look at both arguments and draw our own conclusions based on the main points.  Let us firstly look at the Pro Ally argument;

The main thrust of this argument is that his sole objective is to gain successive promotions to return the club to the top division, as it stands his record is a 100% success rate.  We won the league at the first time of asking and have been promoted; our league record for the third division was P36 W25 D8 L3 F87 A29 GD +58 Pts 83

We finished the season 24 points ahead of Peterhead, with a goal difference of 34 goals ahead of Peterhead.  We reached the quarter final of the League cup, and the Challenge cup and the 5th round of the Scottish cup this was after losing 38 players from the club.

If we look only at the stated facts we can see the point of the argument that Ally has, in the context of our demotion to the bottom tier of Scottish football, be successful in his main goal of winning the division and advancing the club to the next level.

The other section of the support would argue that the club is expected to win the division with little or no resistance and this is quantified by the fact that Rangers as a full time professional organisation playing against part time clubs staffed by part time player, the fitness levels alone should demonstrate this point without mention of ability.  As the club is expected to win the division with little or no resistance the joy of our victory is lessened and the manner in which we play is heightened.  As a professional club our players should have greater ability than out part time rivals and this should shine through in the matches, however our performances have been lacklustre and in some instances painful to watch.  It must be conceded that the performances have been, for the most part, poor and not indicative of the way a “Rangers” team should play and for some of our support; this is a major cause for concern.  

While I am a fan of the club I do feel that our performances have been sub standard, but I also feel that the manager has, so far, done everything that has been asked of him in regards to our overall objective.  While the buck has stops with the manager I feel that a lot of the criticism directed towards Ally should be shouldered by, firstly, the captain and secondly by the rest of the first team squad.  After the defeat by Forfar I advocated that Ally be given until the 1st of October to bed his new players in, our performances at the beginning of the season we of a standard that should be expected from a Rangers team.  I am of the opinion that our performances started to suffer because of the November 6th game at Ibrox against Dunfermline.  This was a game that Dunfermline had no intention of winning, or playing for that matter.  Their only objective was to stop us playing by what ever means possible, this is concurrent with the fact they had 5 yellows and a sending off while we had several players injured.  Perhaps the players have grown weary of the lack of protection from the refs and this has had an effect on their performance.  My view is that while Ally may not be a manger of the calibre that Rangers have enjoyed in the past the burden for the performances should lie with players as well, perhaps more so.  At the end of the day we must preserve the status quo until we are in a position to better it.

GOAT has summed it up perfectly. He is not interested in anyone's opinion save his own and those of his acolytes. Nice reply, by the way, "Now fuck off".

I'll discuss my points with anyone, until they start to get digs in at me, in which case, aye they can fuck off.

Anyone who expects to see attractive football in Scottish League One is off their nut completely.

Get real.,

Are you telling me it's impossible to have a team that can pass a ball without resorting to punting up the park to Daly? Either your off your nut, or you're Ally? Maybe both.

If our manager was someone with no connections to the club whatsoever and we were playing the exact same pathetic way we currently are, would you still be showing your backing to this man?

If the answer is no (which I know most of you it will be but wont admit to) take a good long hard look at yourselves because you're holding this club back years.

I have to be honest, I certainly wouldn't be backing him as strongly as I am but, it is because of everything that man has done for this club he DESERVES our backing. Maybe, just maybe, the negativity from certain fans criticising the manager and players so strongly is what is holding the club back.

Last year, he played with the younger lads and won a weak league easily. The football wasn't great, but we moved onto stage 2 successfully. Week in week out the lads were slagged for their performances. If we, as a support, had backed the young players to the hilt, maybe they would have had more confidence to take the ball, improved and grown as players, rather than looking like rabbits caught in the headlights. But we didn't back them we moaned, moaned and moaned again. (Couldn't have been good for the confidence)

So, onto stage 2. Lets bring in a load of average SPL players as its clear the kids are not improving. We start the season quite well, scoring goals and flying out the blocks. More or less sew the league up early and performances start to drop off. What do we do? Support the team and encourage them to do better? Do we f**k! Lets moan and complain.

Why not wait and see what happens in the cup this year where we can hopefully have a run and play some of the bigger teams? How will our new squad perform against an SPL side where motivation clearly wont be a problem?

Come on guys I believe Ally deserves our support. Why not get right behind him and the lads and see where it takes us?

WATP!