Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

"I have to be honest, I certainly wouldn't be backing him as strongly as I am but, it is because of everything that man has done for this club he DESERVES our backing"

The same line was pushed out years ago with Greig after the football went sour.

I'm sorry but if you are using lines like that it's clear the manager is not doing what we all had hoped and the progress is just not happening.

Just because he won us titles as a player and scored goals should not mean he gets special treatment due to his failings as a manager.

Rangers is bigger than that, far bigger.

"I have to be honest, I certainly wouldn't be backing him as strongly as I am but, it is because of everything that man has done for this club he DESERVES our backing"

The same line was pushed out years ago with Greig after the football went sour.

I'm sorry but if you are using lines like that it's clear the manager is not doing what we all had hoped and the progress is just not happening.

Just because he won us titles as a player and scored goals should not mean he gets special treatment due to his failings as a manager.

Rangers is bigger than that, far bigger.

Believe me, I do understand where you are coming from, you only want the best for your club, the same as me but the fact is, Grieg failed to deliver what was required of him, No league titles in 5 years. That's not good enough for any Rangers manager! McCoist on the other hand is required to get us promoted back to the top flight, which he is on course to achieve easily!

Believe me, I do understand where you are coming from, you only want the best for your club, the same as me but the fact is, Grieg failed to deliver what was required of him, No league titles in 5 years. That's not good enough for any Rangers manager! McCoist on the other hand is required to get us promoted back to the top flight, which he is on course to achieve easily!

A job any of us on this forum could do with the same resources

As Rangers manager McCoist has been given the easiest task of any manager before him.

He has been told to get back to the top league and given a squad and budget other teams we face can only dream of.

It seems he is not to be judged on what football we play on the pitch or any long term planning we might have. Results only and nothing else.

When in reality any manager out there could easily get us into the top flight with the resources we have and the handicap we hold over every team we face in these leagues.

I won't be waiting 4-5 seasons before I can judge Ally as a manager as that is just ridiculous. He will get judged as every other manager get's judged. I have heard some crazy comments recently like he can’t or won’t be judged until he has had a ’ normal ‘ season at Rangers which going on what happens here will be years away.

I have seen more than enough to gauge an opinion so far.

The thing is, you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Do you go to the expense of sacking the manager and replacing him to achieve exactly what McCoist is going to achieve but with slightly better football (we'll still have the same average squad, there is no money to improve it)? Do you push for McCoist to accept help and improve the coaching staff?

Who do you get in that is better than Mccoist? I have heard McKinnes being mentioned. Yes they may be second, yet he is working for a team who think a top half finish is a success. How would he cope at a team where you are expected to win every game with style.

The fact is we are in a sh***y situation at the minute and I dont think our problems can be solved by sacking our manager.

Its all very well saying, "Mccoist's hopeless", "Sack Him", "bring someone else in" but what are your suggestions to take the club forward?

How will sacking him benefit Rangers? I have heard people suggest we get someone in to play a possesion based style of football, but when one of our players play a sideways pass... We scream at them!

It is an interesting debate and our support seems split. I'm obviously leaning towards keeping him as I can't see and am yet to hear a better option at this stage. I suppose I am a bit cynical of change as I remember the excitement when the "brilliant" Le Guen came in and remember what a disaster that turned out to be.

The grass is not always greener, and I don't think our great club is in a position to gamble at the moment!

So what is the solution?

would many managers really want to take us.

"Welcome new manager... here are your goals this season

1: Win ratio of 75% MINIMUM

2: No more than 2 games lost

3: Here is your budget but don't spend it as there will be a backlash

4: Only play players that are under 25

5: Don't complain about anything

6: Training MUST be at least minimum 37.5 hours a week.

7: Wear a suit even at night in case someone see's you"

For what its worth I don't think Ally has what is required to become a world class manager.. but I don't really see any other manager being as accepting of some of the conditions that Ally has had.

The old boards attitude of your just the punters you will do what we say was bad but so is this new "the club must do what the fans want every step of the way".. its is still counter productive.

I'll wait till we have given Wallace 120 days grace to evaluate the situation. If he deems fit that taking us forward in a grind out fashion while the club restructures for a season or two is the best policy - and has proof of why he believes it - ill go along with that.

I'll discuss my points with anyone, until they start to get digs in at me, in which case, aye they can fuck off.

Are you telling me it's impossible to have a team that can pass a ball without resorting to punting up the park to Daly? Either your off your nut, or you're Ally? Maybe both.

:lol: good discussion there goat. doh

I'll discuss my points with anyone, until they start to get digs in at me, in which case, aye they can fuck off.

You opened with a dig - claiming that any fans disagreeing with you are holding the club back.

You can fair dish it out, but when it comes back to you? All the toys are oot the pram.

The thing is, you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Do you go to the expense of sacking the manager and replacing him to achieve exactly what McCoist is going to achieve but with slightly better football (we'll still have the same average squad, there is no money to improve it)? Do you push for McCoist to accept help and improve the coaching staff?

Who do you get in that is better than Mccoist? I have heard McKinnes being mentioned. Yes they may be second, yet he is working for a team who think a top half finish is a success. How would he cope at a team where you are expected to win every game with style.

The fact is we are in a sh***y situation at the minute and I dont think our problems can be solved by sacking our manager.

Its all very well saying, "Mccoist's hopeless", "Sack Him", "bring someone else in" but what are your suggestions to take the club forward?

How will sacking him benefit Rangers? I have heard people suggest we get someone in to play a possesion based style of football, but when one of our players play a sideways pass... We scream at them!

It is an interesting debate and our support seems split. I'm obviously leaning towards keeping him as I can't see and am yet to hear a better option at this stage. I suppose I am a bit cynical of change as I remember the excitement when the "brilliant" Le Guen came in and remember what a disaster that turned out to be.

The grass is not always greener, and I don't think our great club is in a position to gamble at the moment!

Assuming there's no alternative isn't a strong argument for keeping a manager on

Why are you replying to me? What part of I'm not interested in anything you have to say don't you understand. Now fuck off.

Calm down dear - you really need to chill - or not post in a public forum If you are that sensitive. I know you like to take your anger out on Ally ( anonomously) at any one who disagrees whith you views ( annomousky ) but that anger ain't doing your blood pressure any good

Are you telling me it's impossible to have a team that can pass a ball without resorting to punting up the park to Daly? Either your off your nut, or you're Ally? Maybe both.

Or maybe he goes to games and has spotted that we play mainly on the deck and the pump up to daly is fantasy

I am not assuming there is no alternative, I cannot for the life of me SEE a viable alternative! and have yet to see one suggested. Also as far as I can see the argument FOR sacking the manager is very very weak!

Again:

Do you go to the expense of sacking the manager and replacing him to achieve exactly what McCoist is going to achieve but with slightly better football (we'll still have the same average squad, there is no money to improve it)?

What benefit will come of it?

Do you honestly believe that with the state the club is in at the moment, it is a worthwhile gamble to throw away money sacking and replacing a manager to achieve something McCoist is nailed on to achieve?

If you are asking for the manager to be sacked, surely you must have alternatives/ideas, you cannot just be blindly asking for him to be sacked. Or, you are trusting the board to get it right for you (Ahem)

I'm not sure I'm close enough to this to have an opinion certainly one as valued as that of the supporters in this thread but I was listening to the BBC Scotland podcast from Saturday in the gym this morning and the glee in which the journo's were putting the boot into Ally was frankly sickening .

I absolutely get that there is a debate to be had especially looking to build or at least plan for the future but surely with the club top of its current division , again , some of it to me seems a bit excessive.

Assuming we will start losing at some point in the future isn't a strong argument for letting one go.

Therein lies the problem with these debates. The important points get lost.

The point of rubbish lackluster punt it to the big boy up top football is not lost though.

Assuming we will start losing at some point in the future isn't a strong argument for letting one go.

Therein lies the problem with these debates. The important points get lost.

I'm not assuming anything i'm making a judgement on managerial ability by watching games every week

You opened with a dig - claiming that any fans disagreeing with you are holding the club back.

You can fair dish it out, but when it comes back to you? All the toys are oot the pram.

The truth isn't a dig.

Calm down dear - you really need to chill - or not post in a public forum If you are that sensitive. I know you like to take your anger out on Ally ( anonomously) at any one who disagrees whith you views ( annomousky ) but that anger ain't doing your blood pressure any good

Fuck off ya horrible wee cretin.