Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

See if i had the chance to change my mind and go to that game I would have. One of the worst decisions our support ever made letting that team go into Tannadice without a support behind them.

I tell you what though next time we do play at Tannadice I'll fucken be there and the bears end will be packed.

I hear you on the first bit, but I can't agree. Hindsight makes many things clear, but at the time it seemed justified. At the time it seemed wrong to go.The second part I don't doubt for a second and is the definition of a supporter. Which is probably the only thing we'll ever agree on.

How do I stop myself from holding my Club back?

Stop going to games/buying merchandise?

Put a hex on Ally?

Scream "Ally is never a manager" until I go insane?

By hating the majority of my own support?

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE SHOW ME THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See if i had the chance to change my mind and go to that game I would have. One of the worst decisions our support ever made letting that team go into Tannadice without a support behind them. It's funny how backing the team and manager took second place that day....eh?

I tell you what though next time we do play at Tannadice I'll fucken be there and the bears end will be packed.

As it should be, don't care what anybody thinks the support is the 12th man and would have made a difference. Fucken boycotts.

If our manager was someone with no connections to the club whatsoever and we were playing the exact same pathetic way we currently are, would you still be showing your backing to this man?

If the answer is no (which I know most of you it will be but wont admit to) take a good long hard look at yourselves because you're holding this club back years.

Anyway, anyone else want to try answering the question?

If the only difference between us now and your proposed situation was that the manager was different (Still won, drawn and lost same number of games, goal difference was the same, still in 2 cups, tactics (or lack thereof) were the same etc) - yes I probably would back him

Why?

Because we're on a journey back to the top, and while some of our play has been absolutely dire, we are winning.

Winning, to me, is the main focus - it's what competition is about. You can argue, and I would agree, that it is better to win beautifully than to scrape a 1-0 win or to fight back from 3-1 down to win 4-3, but McCoist's job is first and foremost, to get results

I am not a manager, so all of this is purely conjecture, but I don't think even you could suggest that McCoist wants us to play badly, and if I was in his position, I would want to send a team out on the park who would win the game

They may not win it with free flowing latin style football, it may be scrappy and hard to watch, and that is my gripe with McCoist - but it's not big enough for me to call for his sacking, because we are getting results

I quoted your original question because I took issue with the bold bit:

Why ask a question if you are already predicting what most people's answers will be, and then go on to say that those who disagree with you are either lying, or holding this club back?

That's not conducive to debate at all

Anyway, let me ask you a question:

If our manager was someone with no connections to the club whatsoever and we were playing exciting and technically great football, but somehow were failing to secure results, would you be showing your backing to this man?

If the only difference between us now and your proposed situation was that the manager was different (Still won, drawn and lost same number of games, goal difference was the same, still in 2 cups, tactics (or lack thereof) were the same etc) - yes I probably would back him

Why?

Because we're on a journey back to the top, and while some of our play has been absolutely dire, we are winning.

Winning, to me, is the main focus - it's what competition is about. You can argue, and I would agree, that it is better to win beautifully than to scrape a 1-0 win or to fight back from 3-1 down to win 4-3, but McCoist's job is first and foremost, to get results

I am not a manager, so all of this is purely conjecture, but I don't think even you could suggest that McCoist wants us to play badly, and if I was in his position, I would want to send a team out on the park who would win the game

They may not win it with free flowing latin style football, it may be scrappy and hard to watch, and that is my gripe with McCoist - but it's not big enough for me to call for his sacking, because we are getting results

I quoted your original question because I took issue with the bold bit:

Why ask a question if you are already predicting what most people's answers will be, and then go on to say that those who disagree with you are either lying, or holding this club back?

That's not conducive to debate at all

Anyway, let me ask you a question:

If our manager was someone with no connections to the club whatsoever and we were playing exciting and technically great football, but somehow were failing to secure results, would you be showing your backing to this man?

His scrotum would be nailed to a McGill's bus quicker than you think.

What? You no understand, knuckle dragger?

Yes I understand what scientific means, and it made no sense at all in the way you used it. Even if I did go out and completed a survey with every Rangers fan in the world, the results would still not be called scientific.

Spaz!

Because some fans do not agree with your exhalted opinion Goat - they are holding the club back?

Outrageous, and an insult to those who follow through thick and thin.

You have your opinion - that is fine, but please dont tarnish the name of other supporters who dont agree with you.

Tell me Goat - how many teams have you managed? and how many coaching badges do you have?

Completely irrelevant, I have just as many (in quantity) as McCoist but it doesn't mean I'd be a better manager.

On the topic, though, I think we should be looking beyond results. We should be able to expect a certain level of standard to our play, not just winning. Surely it's better to look at how results will be achieved in future when playing against better opposition (performance) and focus on that. I'm not saying we need to play like Barcelona, but I believe we should have an identifiable style to our play rather than punt it to the striker and lets see.

I suspect that short-sightedness will cost us at least a season (whether that is promotion next season, or a delay in challenging for the Premiership title) and that we should be looking at more than just results in assessing Ally.

I'll support him while he is in charge, but in all honesty; do I think he is of sufficient calibre to manage Rangers? No, I do not and that could be based on results while still in the top flight (before relegation) and the lack of any style of play.