Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Derisory offer. Shouldn't even have been considered. We paid more than £1m for him if I recall correctly and he has improved hugely since then and is probably our biggest playing asset. £2.5m at least, money up front.

Sadly, he can be replaced and will be replaced just as others have been should be depart. Would be deeply upset to see him leave though but appreciate the circumstances we are in may dictate things.

Just like Alan Hutton then! ;)

Well that was a bit different as we kept accepting bids for him after he said no whereas there's two days left in this transfer window so hardy time for that. But yes at the end of the day a contracted player can't be forced to leave, including Alan Hutton...

Derisory offer. Shouldn't even have been considered. We paid more than £1m for him if I recall correctly and he has improved hugely since then and is probably our biggest playing asset. £2.5m at least, money up front.

Sadly, he can be replaced and will be replaced just as others have been should be depart. Would be deeply upset to see him leave though but appreciate the circumstances we are in may dictate things.

Not many transfers are full money up front these days

He said no and was eventually forced out.

If we get a bid of around £1.5 million, I fully expect Wallace to be encouraged to leave.

Was he marched to North London with a gun to his head? We did try hard to push that through I admit (no wonder for £9 million) but Hutton still chose to go in the end.

Wallace might be encouraged but encouragement can only go so far, by all accounts his young family are very settled where they are and he himself is a home bird. McCoist is hardly going to drop him if he refuses to leave either, so it shouldn't be that hard a decision.

a tactical bid made near the end of the window to unsettle him i reckon. we should keep hold of him, at least until we are back in the top league. i think lee himself would have taken the opportunity to fuck off 2 years ago if he really wanted to play for another team ;)

he is our best player by a mile but i'm not going to lose any sleep if we sell him . these things happen and yes we probably should get more than 1.4 million assuming that figure is right but with our financial problems being public and add to that the fact we are in league 1 we will be lucky to get that for him

I've not been 'gutted' at a player leaving since King Carlos, but if Wallace goes I'll be sick!

He's said repeatadly he wants to stay, if this happens how can Rangers expect us to keep paying big money for ST's etc when we sell our big players?

WE ARE NOT A SELLING CLUB!

:anguish:

Yes we really are. Anyone who thinks we aren't a selling club is delusional

I would be very sorry to Lee Wallace leave.

But if leave he does for around the 1.5 million mark then Financially the Club is instantly in a stronger position, especially in terms of trading profit and loss. The Club and the team should not be so reliant on one player. This player is a significant asset. Our only significant asset and one who is currently in good health and form. This is a game in which prized assets can very quickly, through injury become both unavailable for selection and devalued. Whilst it has been great to see his loyalty to the club, and his performances on the pitch it should be said that at this point in time having a player of his calibre on our books is a luxury we do not need and cannot afford. I can see the argument that selling Lee is a short term option, however the Club has to comfortably survive the short term to be able to have a strong long term future.

1.4 milion for the best left back in scotland

for our best player, for an international defender,

I had high hopes he would be the next rangers captain.

The bidding should start at 2.5 million and no less.

If this does come to pass, expect the board to get a hard time, but if we do need the money its difficult to see who else we can sell.

1.4 milion for the best left back in scotland

for our best player, for an international defender,

I had high hopes he would be the next rangers captain.

The bidding should start at 2.5 million and no less.

If this does come to pass, expect the board to get a hard time, but if we do need the money its difficult to see who else we can sell.

We're hardly in a good negotiating position mate.

I got a bit of a roasting on here for suggesting I think all we could get for him in our position is around £1.5m, looks like we'll be lucky to even get that, its a shame as he could easily be the skipper of the team but the need of Rangers is greater than anyone player, we need to live within our means and if that means being prudent for the next 18 months so be it.

Reading on twitter that the £900,000 wasn't even upfront, it was a deal that could reach £900k....fuck sake, I'm glad we've rejected it but its only early doors, closer the window gets to closing that same figure might just become an acceptable price.

A lot of fans on Social Media were quite proud that we could just take all these SPL players and take them into the lower tiers, take all those Judas clubs best players off their hands, now it looks like we'll be losing our prized asset because we went down the road of signing all those SPL players on major contracts