Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

So to confirm you honestly believe the quoted "source" would pose a question to the daily record about the need for wage cuts?

At Rangers yes that could happen, look at whats gone on in the past few years.

I'd like to take you back to they Whyte days before admin when almost every story on him was shot down on here with the same comments.

That turned out to be a lot of shite too didn't it.

Look if you don't want to believe it then fine, I'm going by what I'm hearing from guys I know and it's not too different to whats on this story.

I'm not going to argue with you, think what you like.

I don't think it's Wallace that's pushing this.

Don't think anybody is pushing it mate, just thought 900k was a derisory offer and if we accepted would probably cost us that amount in season ticket revenue, Fans don't want to sit and watch Smith sitting in, we like to see our left back cutting swathes through the opposition.

Lots if the people complaining about this are the same ones who wanted McGregor, Paysmith et al to stay on and then be sold.

It isn't the same situation though. Those players were bumping their gums about their careers and having to play in div 3. They could have stayed and subsequently be sold ala broadfoot and edu, providing the club with cash whilst allowing them to further their careers. They didn't as they were looking out for number one.

Wallace hasn't said he wants to leave. If he does then fine, thanks Lee.

There's a cat in hells chance of this but the only way the selling model works if is the cash is reinvested (see Wanyama out Van Dyke in. Infuriating that we dont have a grasp of this).

If we get over 1m then how about Stevie May? Wages much lower than Lees and might be worth a few quid in a couple of years. There's also McGinn at St Mirren.

If he's sold it's because we need money short term. No chance of it being reinvested.

How do you know "we obviously want to sell"?

I would say it is pretty obvious.

Its clear we need cash, hence the very desperate act of asking the players to take a wage cut.

Also, when questioned previously on the potential sale of L Wallace, the CEO was hardly dismissive of the idea.

If he needs to be sold, then so be it.

When you think that shittaker actually gets a game in the premiership, Wallace is a far better player than him. I rate Lee very highly and he would get into a mid/lower prem team if I'm honest. Those swashbuckling attacking left backs aren't exactly 10 a penny. But I won't hold anything against the man if and when he goes , he stayed for the fight unlike others who ran for the hills.

At Rangers yes that could happen, look at whats gone on in the past few years.

I'd like to take you back to they Whyte days before admin when almost every story on him was shot down on here with the same comments.

That turned out to be a lot of shite too didn't it.

Look if you don't want to believe it then fine, I'm going by what I'm hearing from guys I know and it's not too different to whats on this story.

I'm not going to argue with you, think what you like.

Ahh the classic whyte comparison.....will we ever get past that? Wallace may leave in this window but that doesn't detract from the fact this 'story' is a puff piece and has been padded out with the use of quotes from "sources" that I don't believe exist!

How do you know "we obviously want to sell"?

A simple "The player is not for sale and will be remaining with the club" statement would be encouraging to start with.

Are we in any position to turn down a realistic offer for LW. ?

It isn't the same situation though. Those players were bumping their gums about their careers and having to play in div 3. They could have stayed and subsequently be sold ala broadfoot and edu, providing the club with cash whilst allowing them to further their careers. They didn't as they were looking out for number one.

Wallace hasn't said he wants to leave. If he does then fine, thanks Lee.

What about if they had all transferred over and wanted to stay?

Would you have been happy for the club to have a £30m wagebill in the bottom teir, sending us into meltdown within 12 months, or would you demand that they either take a wage cut or demand that they be sold?

Sounds like people wanted the 'traitors' to stay, but only under very strict terms.

I would say it is pretty obvious.

Its clear we need cash, hence the very desperate act of asking the players to take a wage cut.

Also, when questioned previously on the potential sale of L Wallace, the CEO was hardly dismissive of the idea.

If he needs to be sold, then so be it.

is it a desperate act though?

It's common sense to me that if we need to cut costs, which everyone agrees we do, then we start with trimming the wage bill before we go down the redundancy route.

If they won't accept a relatively minor trim of the wages then the next obvious option is either redundancies or shipping people out like any other workplace

Why should football clubs be any different from the real world?

There's a cat in hells chance of this but the only way the selling model works if is the cash is reinvested (see Wanyama out Van Dyke in. Infuriating that we dont have a grasp of this).

If we get over 1m then how about Stevie May? Wages much lower than Lees and might be worth a few quid in a couple of years. There's also McGinn at St Mirren.

You do realise if we sell we are selling to fund a shortfall in our monthly outgoings?

A simple "The player is not for sale and will be remaining with the club" statement would be encouraging to start with.

Are we in any position to turn down a realistic offer for LW. ?

Every player has his price

I don't want to see him go but I reckon a bid of £2 million would be a fair offer in this climate

If he's sold it's because we need money short term. No chance of it being reinvested.

Yes I know, that where my frustration at selling comes in. We should be aiming I make profits in our successful signings and reinvesting in potential. Clubs like Porto and our rivals across the city have been doing this successfully. Some clubs seem to stand firm and demand top dollar. They talk players values up in the press and release stories of interest from big clubs. We could learn something.

What about if they had all transferred over and wanted to stay?

Would you have been happy for the club to have a £30m wagebill in the bottom teir, sending us into meltdown within 12 months, or would you demand that they either take a wage cut or demand that they be sold?

Sounds like people wanted the 'traitors' to stay, but only under very strict terms.

Of course I wouldn't have been happy with a 30m (!!!) wage bill. Equally, if they had stayed we couldn't have demanded they would be sold. However, other players were happy to accept that scenario ie help provide money for the club as thanks. Does this wage bill scenario therefore mean they weren't traitors?

The point is we can't compare selling Wallace with wanting to sell the traitors.

Fwiw I have no problem with the board selling Wallace although I don't want him to go. I, and probably everyone else, would prefer many others to go first, but who will offer anything for these players?

is it a desperate act though?

It's common sense to me that if we need to cut costs, which everyone agrees we do, then we start with trimming the wage bill before we go down the redundancy route.

If they won't accept a relatively minor trim of the wages then the next obvious option is either redundancies or shipping people out like any other workplace

Why should football clubs be any different from the real world?

It is a desperate move or at least comes across as such to ask your playing staff to take a wage cut. It is basically unheard of in football unless a club is heading for or in admin.

Every player has his price

I don't want to see him go but I reckon avid of £2 million would be a fair offer in this climate

I agree although as i said previously, he's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

A bid of between £1.75.& 2.0 million would be accepted imo.

Mmm...3 days before the transfer deadline and the scum are trying to sign a player and we are being forced to flog one of our star players.

Good old Scottish Media...no quotes at all and plenty still fall for their republican propoganda.

:lol:

They're all out to get us

Of course I wouldn't have been happy with a 30m (!!!) wage bill. Equally, if they had stayed we couldn't have demanded they would be sold. However, other players were happy to accept that scenario ie help provide money for the club as thanks. Does this wage bill scenario therefore mean they weren't traitors?

The point is we can't compare selling Wallace with wanting to sell the traitors.

Fwiw I have no problem with the board selling Wallace although I don't want him to go. I, and probably everyone else, would prefer many others to go first, but who will offer anything for these players?

Naismith and Whittiker were traitors for their statement.

No problems with guys like Aluko and McGregor though. They didnt trust Green and I dont blame them.

Basically it is a case of he'll be sold if we are in as bad a financial situation as some would have us believe. Let's be honest every player has a price, I would hope that GW and the rest of the board realise that if Lee Wallace is sold for the sort of money being quoted in his article then they themselves must expect a backlash against them. If the people in charge of the club want to have any credibility then it won't be gained by selling our best players and asking people to reduce their wages.

While I have no problem with sounding players out about reductions in their contracted wage I do have a big problem with weakening the playing squad. If the people in charge cannot raise finance from outside the club or do not have the assets to invest properly in the club themselves the will have no credibility in the eyes of the fans and I would expect that there are those who will think twice when it comes to renewing their season tickets.

Mmm...3 days before the transfer deadline and the scum are trying to sign a player and we are being forced to flog one of our star players.

Good old Scottish Media...no quotes at all and plenty still fall for their republican propoganda.

I think you are off the mark here. There isn't a conspiracy around every corner. Wolves have confirmed the Griffiths offer. Every news outlet is running the story. Every major news outlet is now running the Wallace story.