funding the club

corbyloyal84

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if the storys are true about us holding out for £1.4m for our best player then they cant be very confident of getting more investment any time soon

Or, we are stable enough to hold out for a price that we set ourselves

We didn't accept a bid of £500k, nor did we bite when it went to £900k

If we really were that bad financially, we would have to sell players like Wallace for what was being offered - to not do would be to say 'We will have our best players, but won't be able to play anymore because we've no money left'

Or, we are stable enough to hold out for a price that we set ourselves

We didn't accept a bid of £500k, nor did we bite when it went to £900k

If we really were that bad financially, we would have to sell players like Wallace for what was being offered - to not do would be to say 'We will have our best players, but won't be able to play anymore because we've no money left'

im not saying we are that bad financially i just dont think if the board were confident of having the neccesary funding in place we would even consider selling our best player for less than we actually paid for him

'corbyloyal84'

exactly, there must be thousands of bears out there for wotever reason are unable to buy a ST but would be willing to give what ever they could each month to help the club

You mean like subscribing to RTV? I can't get to as many games as I'd like, & I've subscribed to RTV for 1 year, so at least I'm still supporting my club, in some way.

We do not have a large enough turnover to generate the income necessary to run our Club. That is the problem we face at present. Our overhead costs are extremely high.

This pretty much puts it to bed for me.

Who in the right mind is going to just hand over cash to Rangers so the overheads can get their massive salaries?

The wage bill needs slashed notvmoney thrown at them so they can keep lining their pockets.

'corbyloyal84'

exactly, there must be thousands of bears out there for wotever reason are unable to buy a ST but would be willing to give what ever they could each month to help the club

You mean like subscribing to RTV? I can't get to as many games as I'd like, & I've subscribed to RTV for 1 year, so at least I'm still supporting my club, in some way.

I agree but think the club really has to improve it's marketing. There are plenty expats who want to do their bit for the club but nothings in place.

Last year I contacted Jim Hannah to ask if there was any way I could buy a ST & donate it to a good cause via the club & he said he'd look into it & never got back. Think he had lots going on at the time. But my point is that these things should be set up & marketed properly, targeting expats or fans who are in a position to do more.

I'd like to think this is one of the areas GW will look to improve.

gordon smith would be my vote to head up some kind of monthly investment from the fans,i have said before that there are so many supporters around the world and many down in england that would chip in a tenner a month,if promoted correctly there could be as many as 50,000 people contributing who are not ST holders,many fans have RTV but we as a club and support could do so much more if run correctly,even get former legends involved.

how will that work regarding existing shareholders?

it will likely be a second tier level share. What it is likely to do is increase the value of the current share price.

Only Rangers people outside the board I would trust to manage a Fans membership scheme would be Gordon Smith and Richard Gough. Another idea would be to bring back the Rangers Pools. Back in the late 60's early 70's it generated enough cash to fund rebuilding the stadium and was the largest such thing in its day. My late father was one of their top agents.

The Fans should be the Source jointly of any new funding injection.

If the Fans buy more shares but all as individuals they will simply have handed more money over to the board and have no louder voice than they started with.....

As ever you can read some more details here.

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-big-welcome-to-new-institutional.html

it will likely be a second tier level share. What it is likely to do is increase the value of the current share price.

Only Rangers people outside the board I would trust to manage a Fans membership scheme would be Gordon Smith and Richard Gough. Another idea would be to bring back the Rangers Pools. Back in the late 60's early 70's it generated enough cash to fund rebuilding the stadium and was the largest such thing in its day. My late father was one of their top agents.

thats why i asked earlier if the Rangers lotto was ran independently of the club as im pretty sure the Rangers pools were