Is there a worse football pundit than Michael Owen

Alwaysblue

He was a centre forward. He was, to quote literally anyone who has ever praised him, not only a centre forward but "the last of the old-fashioned centre forwards".

This is effectively the same thing as being the last of the neanderthals.

:lol:.

Me kick ball, me head ball, me hit defender.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Sutton is the worst and not just because he is a Celtic sycophant who earns money on the Celtic after dinner ans supporters club circuit. He is on a spectrum somewhere. He highlights something then goes on and on and on and on aboutit. Best pundit by miles is Neil McCann. Havent pseen him for a bit so presume his professionalism, analytical mind and the fact he is articulate doesnt fit anymore. 

Paul Merson is an inarticulate halfwit and has at least 2 programmes on Sky - unbelievable. The best commentator was Bill McLaren at rugby. Completely unbiased despite being Scottish and his son in law was playing for Scotland. You would never have known.The complete opposite of todays dimwits. Its so bad I can be an intellectual snob. 

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

Sutton is the worst and not just because he is a Celtic sycophant who earns money on the Celtic after dinner ans supporters club circuit. He is on a spectrum somewhere. He highlights something then goes on and on and on and on aboutit. Best pundit by miles is Neil McCann. Havent pseen him for a bit so presume his professionalism, analytical mind and the fact he is articulate doesnt fit anymore. 

Sutton is the worst because he is one. 

Any pundit down south (or commenting on EPL games) who shows clear bias towards one team, and clear hatred of their rivals, would be sacked. 

2 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Paul Merson is an inarticulate halfwit and has at least 2 programmes on Sky - unbelievable. The best commentator was Bill McLaren at rugby. Completely unbiased despite being Scottish and his son in law was playing for Scotland. You would never have known.The complete opposite of todays dimwits. Its so bad I can be an intellectual snob. 

I remember a tribute to the legend that was Bill McLaren,  story goes that a French player (prop) I think from memory was getting his first cap. After the match he apparently called his family. They assumed to find out if they thought he played well, no not all, he wanted to  know what Bill McLaren had said about him. That was the mark of a great commentator. 

Apparently Bill said something along the lines of, here's so and so winning his first French cap, sporting a face only a mother could love. 

15 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I've sat and went through the 3 pages of threads and I do agree with a lot of them but cannot believe no1 has said Ian wright as he's 1 prick who hasn't a clue what he's on about and should never ever be on the tv talking about the game. Hate him 

Quite agree, he's a fuckwit